So i just got my first weapon chest drop

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Tseikk.9032

Tseikk.9032

but it’s zintl weapon chest :C (vitality healing condi) I have a thief, ele, guard, warrior, necro at lvl 80 and lvl 6 ranger and 26 engineer i plan to level to 80. Does anyone of you know VIABLE builds mainly for wvw roaming that has shaman weapon? or is there a way to change that chest to something else?
Oh, and i didn’t know which sub forum to put this to so i chose general discussion. I would be glad if a moderator could move this to where it belongs

I speak for myself, not for my server or my guild.
Solo roamer, all classes.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Having to play a new build just because you got a specific weapon is so backwards. Do you plan on getting corresponding ascended trinkets just to match this new build? And what about ascended armor.. when that comes.

People talk of the game being alt-unfriendly, but it’s getting more and more build-diversity unfriendly as well.

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Welcome to the Account Bound era. I forsee it only getting worse, because the developers are struggling too hard to create “hard” material and gold sinks.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Posted by: bradderzh.2378

bradderzh.2378

Be thankful you got anything, most of us have never seen a weapon chest drop

In reference to ascended items:
Nar: I love that it will take me time and money to
reach the same level I’m at right now… …said no one, ever.

Posted by: Starfall.6813

Starfall.6813

Death Blossom Thief with Signet of Malice/Assassin’s Reward? shrug

Posted by: Adine.2184

Adine.2184

My first instinct would be guardian or thief since they both have the lowest base health for their weight but i honestly don’t know .

Tseikk.9032

@starfall but isn’t toughness > vitality in close range? and death blossom is melee :c
brhh if just that chest would’ve been almost anything else

Posted by: GOSU.9574

GOSU.9574

Two weeks ago I was in the same boat. Choben’s chest (PVT) and I don’t care for PVT gear since I don’t wvw zerg. Finally decided to take longbow for my ranger since from time to time I do a tower defense.

Of the classes you listed Engi and Ranger are probably the better choices, but I don’t see many using Shaman. The bunker builds for both tend to use Apothecary.

Hey dude you are walking into a wall.

smack..Wut?…smack…smack…

Tseikk.9032

does anyone know how well troll unguent scales with healing power? i might go for a condi heal ranger then

Hannelore.8153

Rangers are excellent bunkers, if you want to go the condi/heal route. Especially if you stack Dwayna runes on the Troll Urguent getting three regens at once (Heal skill, Regeneration and Signet). But be warned that condition damage options aren’t that great for Ranger, Traps help but compared to say, the 25 stacks of bleed Warriors can lay on, its just not much in the long run.

I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.

Tseikk.9032

how well does healing power scale on troll unguent?

Hannelore.8153

With the average 1k of healing power it heals around 10k of health. The scaling on it is 12% which in this example would be +120 HP/sec. But keep in mind that that healing power also affects the signet and any other forms of regen that you have. The regeneration signet doubles in healing from ~40 to ~80 HP/sec.

Edit: Whoops, its 60-90, my bad.

Tseikk.9032

still nothing sadly in compared to my regen warrior on warrior, i regen for around the same amount without using my heal signet, aka all the time why oh why did i get an ascended with the worst and most useless stats in the game (maybe, just maybe in par with magi)

Hannelore.8153

A Warrior has limited evasion even with Signet of Stamina and/or Warhorn for Vigor. Rangers have +50% endurance (soon to be nerfed to 25%, I think?) regeneration just from 5 points into a single tree, and have more Vigor buffs than you can imagine, including Vigor-on-heal. You have to see the bigger picture, its not about how much you regen, its about how much you can avoid damage and control the battle while regenerating. The class is excellent at making full recoveries whereas a Warrior without Healing Surge will be hard pressed to ever restore their full health. That’s why there’s such a big difference between Guardian and Warrior despite Guards having almost half the HP of a Warrior – the recovery power. Ranger’s evasion ends up kind of similar.

Posted by: Oniyui.8279

Oniyui.8279

I’d put it on the ele. No matter what built you go for you’re going to have low base health & some abilities that apply conditions and some abilities that heal. In fact, it’s near unavoidable if you’re using attunements at all. Ele has the most to gain by not going all-in on one armor type… in nearly any build.

ALTHOUGH

if you really want a build that really works those stats – here’s a favorite of mine, a heavy condi tanky ele build with focus on auras, 0 dependence on crit:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?fEAQJAoYhMmabuR5wjDAEFmATQRAIMeAiIkA-TsAgyCuIuRdj7GzNybs3M64swUAA

I haven’t put it together for pve/wvw yet, so you’ll have to fill in the blanks. :]

It survives the Dec. 10th changes as they currently look, though the changes to water X, I’ll be dropping the lava font while downed for the new 25% increased burn duration, and switching Mist Form with Armor of Earth or Glyph of Elemental Power (yes, really). The Dec. 10th changes will make the build stronger, imo…. something I wish I could say about my other builds.

I’d probably focus on getting the toughness up to the 2600 range, trying to keep health around 17000+, then get the healing signet to 275 healing/proc, maybe 300- as long as Drake’s Breath is still netting around 7k. Idk about power. Like I said, I haven’t really played around with it enough in wvw or pve.

(edited by Oniyui.8279)

Tseikk.9032

that ele thing looks awesome! i might just do that

Posted by: Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Ryoki Hokishami.2756

Rangers are excellent bunkers, if you want to go the condi/heal route. Especially if you stack Dwayna runes on the Troll Urguent getting three regens at once (Heal skill, Regeneration and Signet). But be warned that condition damage options aren’t that great for Ranger, Traps help but compared to say, the 25 stacks of bleed Warriors can lay on, its just not much in the long run.

+1 this. I personally use Healing Spring though, along with Altruism runes.

It should be pointed out there is even more regen than that (signet, heal, beastmastery 30 trait (it actually DOES effect you also, and traited so that below 75% health= more regen.) You can even use Dolyak runes for another different type of regen.

Also, with Beastmastery, a large portion of healing power becomes power, which helps greatly.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

It might work for a heal warrior running on condi damage. They’re pretty strong.

If they ever get the condi guardian working, it’ll be a good set for that I guess.

Posted by: Havvy.4897

Havvy.4897

I’d just sell it for the gold piece personally.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

I mentioned on another thread that you may want to consider making it an Aquatic weapon, whatever the stats. Given how terrible Aquatic weapons are anyway, any Ascended replacement would be a huge improvement.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]