So if SAB Token Exploit was okay ...then

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Cobrakon.3108

Cobrakon.3108

How about giving people access to the Black Lion Ticket Vendors that are in locked rooms? Was SAB a weird one time allowance thing? Or does this apply for the Black Lion Skins as well?

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

/scratches head

In what way is porting someone into a nearly finished Tribulation map so they can get tokens towards SAB weapons at all related to which BL weapon sets are currently available for sale?

Cobrakon.3108

Both require an exploit of sorts, both are for skins. I am not sure about the impact on the economy and stuff. I’m just wandering is this bannable? Was SAB just a weird exception to exploits?

(edited by Cobrakon.3108)

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Yes, and cats and dogs both have ears, tails, and fur, so they should be completely interchangeable and able to procreate together?

The Kaiser weapons were a set available in the game for a certain time period, purchased with currency earned (or bought by the exploit) during that time frame. Players could legitimately collect the tokens themselves and buy the skins. The Black Lion skins are sets that are released at intervals, with older sets being retired so that no matter how many tickets you accumulate by means fair or foul, you cannot purchase them unless you have enough gold and find them on the TP.

Cobrakon.3108

Maybe you didnt know but the vendors are nearly all there still behind a locked area.
Using an in-game exploit you can get in there. This exploit does not require third-party software so its an exploit about as easy as the SAB token exploit.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Maybe you didnt know but the vendors are nearly all there still behind a locked area.
Using an in-game exploit you can get in there. This exploit does not require third-party software so its an exploit about as easy as the SAB token exploit.

Getting into The Vault doesn’t grant you access to any of the weapons sold by the npcs back there. So, I don’t see how the two are in the same ballpark other than being a type of exploit.

Posted by: Ticky.5831

Ticky.5831

Look at the patch notes we got yesterday.

I think it’s pretty fair to assume the reason they weren’t concerned about fixing or punishing that exploit was because it was all hands on deck, and SAB was only going to be around for a few weeks.

Cobrakon.3108

Actually they do. There is Pheonix, Daydreamer, Scientific. All the vendors seem to have the weapons available. Its a matter of getting in behind the locked rooms.

Cobrakon.3108

Look at the patch notes we got yesterday.

I think it’s pretty fair to assume the reason they weren’t concerned about fixing or punishing that exploit was because it was all hands on deck, and SAB was only going to be around for a few weeks.

I assume that, but I wouldn’t mind someone from anet chiming in.

RoseofGilead.8907

Actually they do. There is Pheonix, Daydreamer, Scientific. All the vendors seem to have the weapons available. Its a matter of getting in behind the locked rooms.

Like I said, you can’t actually BUY from them. You couldn’t back before they added the new room and changed the old void jumping spot, and I can only assume you can’t now, either.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

(post title)
So if SAB Token Exploit was okay then…

How about giving people access to the Black Lion Ticket Vendors that are in locked rooms? Was SAB a weird one time allowance thing? Or does this apply for the Black Lion Skins as well?

Here’s how I understand this proposal:

• There was a bug that allowed people to do XYZ and ANet didn’t suspend any accounts over it
  • Therefore, ANet should deliberately break something to give people access to something to which they don’t want people to have access.
  • Moreover, since the first didn’t have any implications for the economy, ANet should ignore any of the economic issues that would be caused by the second.

or as a tl;dr
No.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Cobrakon.3108

Like I said, you can’t actually BUY from them. You couldn’t back before they added the new room and changed the old void jumping spot, and I can only assume you can’t now, either.

Ah, well I guess that settles it then lol if you can’t even buy them.

Posted by: Julius Seizure.4985

Julius Seizure.4985

People are already breaking the map and buying these items from the vendors in LA. I am surprised Anet even has them there. The BL area in LA was a bad idea given how easily people break map and use teleport hacks.

RoseofGilead.8907

People are already breaking the map and buying these items from the vendors in LA. I am surprised Anet even has them there. The BL area in LA was a bad idea given how easily people break map and use teleport hacks.

No they’re not because you can’t buy them . . .

Posted by: Gaile Gray

Gaile Gray

ArenaNet Communications Manager

Closing. Please don’t post nonsensical posts in the guise of “asking a question.”

Gaile Gray
Communications Manager
Guild & Fansite Relations; In-Game Events
ArenaNet