So is Anet going to ignore these problems?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Timiok.1048

Timiok.1048

While I cannot say that I have been very negatively affected by the changes in these recent patches, on the forums alone and undoubtedly in the game you see copious amounts of serious problems that can take large sums of gold to solve, and even if nothing can be done to fix these problems, the devs aren’t justified by ANY reason to just ignore the plethora of problems. Even though I haven’t ran into too many problems (Besides pistol/pistol thief being nerfed irrationally into the ground), I can feel the pain of these people, because if I had advanced further in the game than I am now (Only have two level 80s) I would run into these problems with no doubt.

I’m going to list just a few of the serious issues I think ought to be addressed.

·Thief should have ricochet again(Or some rework to make P/P not useless)
·Necromancer has ran into some nerds that I find to be so exceedingly unnecessary like; the nerfed on consume conditions was not needed at all, I’d hardly hear any complaints about it, condition necromancer is pretty sucky now because you can legit KILL yourself trying to use conditions, go figure. This make less builds viable than before.
·Hybrid builds took a large blow due to changes to celestial stats and the fact that they removed the stats you could get from trait lines. This is a harder problem because they took out those stats for a good reason, but nonetheless it hurts some builds.

Posted by: VagaMule.1658

VagaMule.1658

Problems

Posted by: krzygum.4028

krzygum.4028

Anet is never ignoring problems. They are professionals and they are working on a schedule. Game breaking fixes are highest priority and those will be fixed first. The changes introduced with june 23rd patch is a well thought bussiness decision, prepared for a long time. They changed some things about game mechanics with trait merging and rebalancing and this is for us players to discover new solutions with current system. It’s like discovering the game as a new player. I love this!

Posted by: Arobain.8274

Arobain.8274

yeah these aren’t actual problems friend, just your opinion

Timiok.1048

Actually besides the first P/P problem I talked about, the other problems are things I have heard over and over again by other people. They aren’t really MY opinions, because I don’t share their experiences. However, if you guys don’t think my examples of problems are valid, then ill take em out of the OP. P.S. who made the word OP to describe the owner of a thread and what does it stand for?

And Anet is good at nipping small problems or very simple problems in the bud (Which isn’t even the case some times E.g. Hobo Sacks) However these problems require some serious reworking.

(edited by Timiok.1048)

krzygum.4028

Feedback is always welcome. The best thing is to write your ideas in profession subforums so every case will be considered separately. It is also easier for devs to track your ideas about professions if you put the to more specific forums.

Posted by: Vicariuz.1605

Vicariuz.1605

Anet is never ignoring problems. They are professionals and they are working on a schedule. Game breaking fixes are highest priority and those will be fixed first. The changes introduced with june 23rd patch is a well thought bussiness decision, prepared for a long time. They changed some things about game mechanics with trait merging and rebalancing and this is for us players to discover new solutions with current system. It’s like discovering the game as a new player. I love this!

Oh really? Then tell me why it’s two years since they said they would fixed necro minion ai, and it still is bugged exactly the same as then. Pretty sure when your entire skill bar stands 600 feet from you and never attacks, it’s gamebreaking.

There are MANY bugs from release that are still in the game, and have simply NEVER been fixed. I wish I had open ended deadlines for extremely important things in my line of work, but I don’t have that luxury, I have polished products to market.

(edited by Vicariuz.1605)

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

Actually besides the first P/P problem I talked about, the other problems are things I have heard over and over again by other people. They aren’t really MY opinions, because I don’t share their experiences.

Ignoring the fact that your problems are more suggestions or personal dislikes of the directions anet is taking the game:

This is the first time I’ve read or heard of any of those, and I’m a forum regular. Then again I do not read necro and thief forums everyday so I might have missed something.

krzygum.4028

Oh really? Then tell me why it’s two years since they said they would fixed necro minion ai, and it still is bugged exactly the same as then. Pretty sure when your entire skill bar stands 600 feet from you and never attacks, it’s gamebreaking.

There are MANY bugs from release that are still in the game, and have simply NEVER been fixed. I wish I had open ended deadlines for extremely important things in my line of work, but I don’t have that luxury, I have polished products to market.

I don’t know, maybe those things you consider bugs are not bugs? If there are real problems I’m sure it’s on their list. Those are professional, educated employees, they know what they are doing.

Timiok.1048

I said it once, but ill say it again, these problems aren’t personal views, because even the P/P thief problem is kind of trivial to me, since I often don’t switch to ranged weapons on my thief. I have heard these problems in abundance in forums and in-game. Perhaps people might not have these problems in-game though, because I’ve been out of town and unable to log on.These problems don’t affect me at all honestly, I just thought at others were complaining about them, but perhaps I’m wrong.

Vicariuz.1605

I don’t know, maybe those things you consider bugs are not bugs? If there are real problems I’m sure it’s on their list. Those are professional, educated employees, they know what they are doing.

So it’s not a bug that the AI is genuinely broken and has been for years, with Anet comments on it. Got it. You are blinded by your fandom.

krzygum.4028

I said it once, but ill say it again, these problems aren’t personal views, because even the P/P thief problem is kind of trivial to me, since I often don’t switch to ranged weapons on my thief. I have heard these problems in abundance in forums and in-game. Perhaps people might not have these problems in-game though, because I’ve been out of town and unable to log on.These problems don’t affect me at all honestly, I just thought at others were complaining about them, but perhaps I’m wrong.

Things you listed are profession centred so as I said before, this should be posted in proper profession specific forums.

So it’s not a bug that the AI is genuinely broken and has been for years, with Anet comments on it. Got it. You are blinded by your fandom.

I don’t know if it’s broken. I’m only a player. I think Anet knows behind the scene things better than players and I trust them. They never failed. If anything is broken (and for me the game works perfectly fine) this must be on their list. We don’t know what priority is to fix those problems but they will never be ignored.

Posted by: Elvirais.5472

Elvirais.5472

Actually besides the first P/P problem I talked about, the other problems are things I have heard over and over again by other people. They aren’t really MY opinions, because I don’t share their experiences.

Ignoring the fact that your problems are more suggestions or personal dislikes of the directions anet is taking the game:

This is the first time I’ve read or heard of any of those, and I’m a forum regular. Then again I do not read necro and thief forums everyday so I might have missed something.

O they’re real. My acrobat pistol/pistol thief build is just gone. Less dodges, no ricochet, it’s just not fun to play anymore.

I play Guild Wars for WvWvW – Piken Square !
Marush Ifri, Noreena Gorun, Arsaname, Desra Ele…

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Listen, the best example of why your call to arms is a non-issue is Condition Stacking. Since launch, it was broken. Anet heard us and repeatedly told us that they were working on fixes to condition damage pretty early on, but like you, people believed that Anet was sitting on their hands for years doing nothing. Low and behold, years later, we have a fix for condition stacking.

Was it a week, two weeks, or even a month after the initial reports from players that this got fixed? No way. It took over 2 and a half years. Are there other bugs since release that still aren’t fixed? You betcha! As someone pointed out earlier, Anet has their own priorities for when to resolve bugs and balance stuff which will usually conflict with when we want them fixed (Now!). In addition to that, the bugs/balance issues that you and others have problems with, in all likelihood, do not have easy or obvious answers. Even if they did, Anet’s own internal release schedule may delay releasing a fix/balance/correction. So, you have pointed out things you and others have problems with. Great! They probably already know about them and will probably just push out a fix when its ready™.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I have been waiting g for necro axe to become atleast viable for 3 years. As of the last update patch, it was nerfed even more.

Vicariuz.1605

Listen, the best example of why your call to arms is a non-issue is Condition Stacking. Since launch, it was broken. Anet heard us and repeatedly told us that they were working on fixes to condition damage pretty early on, but like you, people believed that Anet was sitting on their hands for years doing nothing. Low and behold, years later, we have a fix for condition stacking.

Was it a week, two weeks, or even a month after the initial reports from players that this got fixed? No way. It took over 2 and a half years. Are there other bugs since release that still aren’t fixed? You betcha! As someone pointed out earlier, Anet has their own priorities for when to resolve bugs and balance stuff which will usually conflict with when we want them fixed (Now!). In addition to that, the bugs/balance issues that you and others have problems with, in all likelihood, do not have easy or obvious answers. Even if they did, Anet’s own internal release schedule may delay releasing a fix/balance/correction. So, you have pointed out things you and others have problems with. Great! They probably already know about them and will probably just push out a fix when its ready™.

Wow it takes years to make non stacking conditions stack AND increase the stack cap? Bravo, encor. Oh they are doing a stellar job with balance, just take a look at the PvP section, every one RAVES about how balanced the game is, the top players themselves RAVE about how balanced everything is after years of careful changes. I grasp the point you are trying to convey, the issue with that is, well, plainly obvious.

krzygum.4028

I have been waiting g for necro axe to become atleast viable for 3 years. As of the last update patch, it was nerfed even more.

I think these type suggestions best fit necro subforums. Anet will read them and consider your opinion. You are their customer, they care about you. However in general discussion good feedback can get lost between other posts. This is why you should post all the feedback you have prepared in profession subforum. I hope you will find necro axe cool weapon one day.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

O they’re real. My acrobat pistol/pistol thief build is just gone. Less dodges, no ricochet, it’s just not fun to play anymore.

Build being gone isn’t a problem. I used a p/p riccochet thief too, because I enjoyed it, and yes, I’m sad I don’t have it any more. But that doesn’t make it a problem. Games change. Skills change. Builds change.

It’s the job of companies to shake up the game by changing things up. The game is adapting to those changes. If you can’t adapt, you’re not a very good player in my opinion.

I don’t like that change, and I don’t like some of the mesmer changes. However, hundreds of changes were made. I’m not going to like all of them.

It’s only a problem because you’re attached to one way of doing things. That’s not a problem with the game though.

Posted by: nightwulf.1986

nightwulf.1986

Wow it takes years to make non stacking conditions stack AND increase the stack cap? Bravo, encor. Oh they are doing a stellar job with balance, just take a look at the PvP section, every one RAVES about how balanced the game is, the top players themselves RAVE about how balanced everything is after years of careful changes. I grasp the point you are trying to convey, the issue with that is, well, plainly obvious.

I just wanted to make sure you understood that ignoring an issue =/= working on their own time table. Two very different complaints. Do they take too long on fixing everything? No. Some things? Probably. But as I’ve said in other threads that it has taken years to address some bugs/balance issues in a number of other mmos. That is not to say it takes that long for every game balance or bug, but again, we don’t know what their internal schedule for this stuff is. Because of my experience with other mmos, this doesn’t really phase me personally.

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

First you complain that anet didn’t implement stacking conditions and condition stack caps fast enough, Then you complain about balance. Have you ever considered that both of those are related?

Either they revamp the system which means more than just adjusting some numbers here and there but redesigning the entire thing, or they change stuff wthout testing at all. Here is a hint, had they just increased condition stacks on enemys without the rest of the adjustments, this game would be hell of more unbalanced.

The fact that after such a major change some rebalancing needs to be done is natural.

Can’t have it both ways.

EDIT: and no it did not take “years” to implement any of this. The actual implementation probably took 6 months tops. Now the realisation and desire to change the system, that might have taken longer. Then again going by your posting history you have been playing GW2 on and off, so what do you care? (that is besides going on the forums and spreading bad mood because you might be bored with the game again?)

(edited by Cyninja.2954)

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

the other problems are things I have heard over and over again by other people. They aren’t really MY opinions, because I don’t share their experiences.

Ah yes, the anthem of the GW2 forumer. Anet fix these problems!! That I haven’t really experienced but I see people talking about them so they must be real problems and now I’m really angry about them (not you personally, as you don’t seem angry, but the vast majority of angry ‘Anet sucks and they are ruining the game!’ forum posters seem to just piggy back on some other person’s angry post).

What bothers me the most about a lot of the posts about the “problems” with GW2 is that not only are the posters usually just regurgitating what they’ve “heard” is wrong and then react on it, but then all of the other GW2 haters come out of the woodwork to join in the circle-jerk, almost all of which are also just reacting based on posts that they’ve read, or things they’ve heard, and very little is based on experiences because they barely play the game anymore.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Brother Grimm.5176

Brother Grimm.5176

….. I had open ended deadlines for extremely important things in my line of work, but I don’t have that luxury,…..

I think the definition of “extremely important” is the issue here. How does Minion AI effect anyone but a minor segment of less than 1/8th the playerbase? Does it need tweaking? Certainly, but classifying it as “extremely important” is just exaggeration from a one specific point of view.

Yes, there are other issues that DO effect a large portion of the playerbase that have gone largely unaddressed and you point is valid for those, but don’t point at Minon AI like it’s some major feature of the overall product. Exaggerating such claims reduces the legitimacy of your arguments.

We go out in the world and take our chances
Fate is just the weight of circumstances
That’s the way that lady luck dances

Vicariuz.1605

First you complain that anet didn’t implement stacking conditions and condition stack caps fast enough, Then you complain about balance. Have you ever considered that both of those are related?

Either they revamp the system which means more than just adjusting some numbers here and there but redesigning the entire thing, or they change stuff wthout testing at all. Here is a hint, had they just increased condition stacks on enemys without the rest of the adjustments, this game would be hell of more unbalanced.

The fact that after such a major change some rebalancing needs to be done is natural.

Can’t have it both ways.

EDIT: and no it did not take “years” to implement any of this. The actual implementation probably took 6 months tops. Now the realisation and desire to change the system, that might have taken longer. Then again going by your posting history you have been playing GW2 on and off, so what do you care? (that is besides going on the forums and spreading bad mood because you might be bored with the game again?)

Factually incorrect. The bugged ai was what I brought up, the person I quoted brought up conditions and balance, please read everything before posting a reply. OF COURSE they are related, I never said they were not. Also, your assumptions on time spent is as concrete as mine is, don’t fool yourself. Sorry that I try to hold the developing company of the game accountable for their actions, or in-actions. I genuinely don’t care if my posts spread a bad mood, I don’t fabricate, I don’t misinform, I have every right to post on these forums, just because you don’t agree with said posts doesn’t invalidate them, or affect me in ANY way. It is a FACT, that anet said they would fix the ai, and it is equally a FACT, that 2 years has passed since then. Of course I’m bored with the game, there is literally ZERO incentive for me to play other than, “because fun.”

I think the definition of “extremely important” is the issue here. How does Minion AI effect anyone but a minor segment of less than 1/8th the playerbase? Does it need tweaking? Certainly, but classifying it as “extremely important” is just exaggeration from a one specific point of view.

Yes, there are other issues that DO effect a large portion of the playerbase that have gone largely unaddressed and you point is valid for those, but don’t point at Minon AI like it’s some major feature of the overall product. Exaggerating such claims reduces the legitimacy of your arguments.

Minion AI affects every person that Necro comes into contact with in PvP and WvW, as well as groups they join in PvE. I’d say that’s pretty important, considering how flawed team composition already is, you are further hindering your team, not just by being a necromancer (in PvE), but because 5 of the skills you are bringing to your team DO NOT WORK. This is a GAME LOSING bug in PvP. I think when entire trait lines are designed specifically for said skills, that warrants them being a “Major feature of the overall product.” My reference to “extremely important” things was not specifically the ai, it is to ALL GAME CHANGING bugs that are still present in the game, some since launch (they should be renamed to “Features” at this point).

Posted by: roachsrealm.9284

roachsrealm.9284

my minions have never had trouble hitting things.. are you guys playing the game correctly? you know you have to start attacking something first, right?

Smitten Mittens (The Gothic Embrace [Goth], Fort Aspenwood)

Posted by: Teevell.1684

Teevell.1684

Actually besides the first P/P problem I talked about, the other problems are things I have heard over and over again by other people. They aren’t really MY opinions, because I don’t share their experiences. However, if you guys don’t think my examples of problems are valid, then ill take em out of the OP. P.S. who made the word OP to describe the owner of a thread and what does it stand for?

Who are other people? I read somewhere (don’t remember where, sorry) that only 8% of the game’s pop looks at the forum, and only 2% posts. So if these opinions are coming from here, then you need to remember that only a vocal minority of most games ever uses the forum. And it’ll be the people who dislike/disagree with it. It’s well known in customer service that a customer is more likely to give feedback if they’re upset than not. The ones who aren’t upset just go about their day, playing their thieves and necros. The forum is a biased sample of opinions.

Tarnished Coast

Posted by: Drlightningbolt.1754

Drlightningbolt.1754

Necro always gets the ugly stick

Posted by: Taiyoroku.1028

Taiyoroku.1028

So… you have to modify your build, games change, if not is just boring, my engienere and mesmer got epic nerf, but actually i dont care couse i have to learn new ways ant thats actually awesome, been able to kill every single thing easily it was really killing the game, the forums are all about “Anet screw me over couse i can beat the @”·$“·$ of Players/mobs/bosses anymore”; and thats just sad, people need to enjoy changes, and yes it cost a lot of gold but surely youll find new ways to getting it

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

condition necromancer is pretty sucky now because you can legit KILL yourself trying to use conditions, go figure. This make less builds viable than before.

OTOH, a class which is pretty impervious to external damage but is its own worst enemy sounds like a fairly interesting concept. We need classes to feel more unique, and it’d be an interesting long-term goal for Necromancers to be based more around the corruption-skill-concept.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Roundabout.1752

Roundabout.1752

Could it be that what PvE players consider to be a broken mechanics work perfectly in PvP? This game for whatever reason is balanced around PvP so some may just have to adjust, or maybe I’m completely wrong

Carighan.6758

Could it be that what PvE players consider to be a broken mechanics work perfectly in PvP? This game for whatever reason is balanced around PvP so some may just have to adjust, or maybe I’m completely wrong

Yes, although sadly it’s balanced around the PvP mode no one really plays and which also isn’t MMO. Bit of a misplaced identity, that one.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Posted by: Jitters.9401

Jitters.9401

Anet is never ignoring problems. They are professionals

That pretty much blew any legitimacy you have out of the water.

First. The only reason they went after the guard bug for destroying walls with no seige was because whole servers were abusing it. Had only half of the servers abused it, the skill would never have been touched. True fact.

They broke hidden thief many months ago and have yet to fix it. Do you think it is fair that some of us have to keep hitting the “1” key manually now due to their lack of testing and screw up, while thousands of other people don’t have that issue.

Question is. Did they deliberately do it because it is an easy thing to revert but they won’t do it.

Yes they Did.

1) Rangers can trait for unlimited stealth and no reveal. Just saw a ranger doing that 2 minutes ago.
2) Mesmers now have crazy stealth with better cooldowns. As a thief, I have to cloak and dagger to go invisible. If I am blinded or stunned I am unable to do so. Mesmer have no such worries.
3) Classes now can reveal stealthed. Because of how a thief has to stealth, it is so easy to catch and reveal them. When I play my Mesmer, it is so easy to stealth and teleport and not be revealed. Ever.
4) Anyone can knock a thief out of a shadow refuge and reveal them. Since mesmers have no visible location target, they are immune to this.

So professional? No.
Not ignoring? They caused these issues.

That is why I do not support them financially anymore. They are not fixing their screw ups unless a whole server abuses it.

Posted by: Seera.5916

Seera.5916

ANet doesn’t ignore problems.

They release a patch and get bug reports. They sift through and remove the reports of things that aren’t actual bugs and either go: “X bug is still happening” or “we’ve got a new bug Y.” The new bugs get assigned a priority and get added to the list of current glitches they are working on. Some old glitches get bumped down as more glitches with a higher priority get added.

Some high priority glitches probably stay awhile due to complications that come up with trying to fix it. Either they can’t figure out the cause to fix it or the fix they try breaks other stuff.

Hidden thief may be a glitch that they can’t seem to find out what’s causing the glitch or any fix they try to implement breaks something else or makes the problem worse. Or things with a higher priority keep coming in.

Just because a fix doesn’t come in quickly, doesn’t mean they are ignoring the problem. It just means it’s a combination of difficulty and priority levels that are keeping it from being worked on at a pace you would like.

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

Hi

So according to you they are never ignoring problems ? Are you by any chance familiar with the CDI program ? Have you ever seen / read the very 1st CDI WvWvW thread and its results from a couple years back ? Can you still honestly say they are not ignoring problems ?

And this is just 1 example currently on the top of my head, I could write a freagin book listing others. Just sayin …..

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

Carighan.6758

So according to you they are never ignoring problems ? Are you by any chance familiar with the CDI program ? Have you ever seen / read the very 1st CDI WvWvW thread and its results from a couple years back ? Can you still honestly say they are not ignoring problems ?

There’s a big difference between ignoring and prioritizing.

Just because you think it ought to have seen work by now doesn’t mean that all of the following came true (at once!):

• Someone had time
  • Someone had all assets/people available to work on an issue as a team
  • Everyone of that team had time
  • There was budget for it

Seriously, we do that all the time in business software development. We have years old tickets lying around. No one ever gets around to work on them, there’s more pressing issues.