So many of you misunderstand this game....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: LaronX.8079

LaronX.8079

So lets comapre it.

PvP no no no wait sPvP. 3 maps with 5v5 -8v8 modes. A torny mode and a lobby mode.

Then we got WvW all out war between 3 servers in old DaoC style. Some consider it PvP some PvE with the amount of zerg rushing and people doing the jumping puzzle you can’t really tell.

Now PvE. 25 zones that are open. All at least as big as EB or even bigger. Hidden dialoges, jumping puzzle and tons of other stuff. Main story of the game and the player is tolde here.

So you want to tell me I need to have less fun becaus A-net wants to support the guys running the same 3 maps over and over again?

Ok. fine if they do. BUT don’t fu tell me that I am not suppsed to try to change there mind. GW1 had a great PvP but still the focus was the PvE. Why the hell would you else bring out add ons or patches other then blance once?
This isn’t BF or CoG and I don’t think we will be charged 40 bucks for 4 new maps.

Blub.

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

I’ve always thought of GW as PvP-centric. AFAIK, with GW Anet initially intended a PvP game, but put some PvE in it because they felt it had to be there. To their surprise people liked the PvE and lots of people played it, more than the PvP. So clearly with GW2 the focus has been strong on PvE. But my feeling is that it’s still basically a PvP-centric design (certainly it seems like the gameplay is fundamentally based around the PvP – hence short CC, everything on timers of mere seconds).

Put it this way, granted that the PvP content isn’t fundamentally broken, and just needs tweaking, it will be tweaked, then PvP-ers are going to get more fun out of the PvP endgame, relatively speaking, than PvE-ers are going to get out of their endgame. That already seems to be the case.

I think also that Anet have made some effort to entice PvE-ers to dip their toes into PvP with the sPvP, which is really easy to get into and have fun with even if you’re crap at PvP.

Posted by: ManMountain.4321

ManMountain.4321

it is still a guild war cause you can be apart of mutli guilds so the guilds have to work to keep you hence GUILD WARS but in a different way

Posted by: Mickey.4207

Mickey.4207

May i ask OP what builds? GW had builds. Ever did PVP in GW?

GW2 is so watered down in skills i don’t think it is even appropriate to use the word BUILD for GW2. So i do PVP in GW and stick to GW2 for PVE. Even that is getting monotonous now thanks to limited amount of skills.

Between two evils, I always pick the one I never tried before.

Posted by: Varielle.9074

Varielle.9074

I have always treated GW & GW2 as casual gaming experience as compared to WoW which I simply have no time nor patience for any longer.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

WvWvW is in need of a LOT of work before it can be considered any kind of “endgame”.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Kso.6458

Kso.6458

Please stop comparing this pos to daoc. It is insulting.

Posted by: Red Falcon.8257

Red Falcon.8257

If GW2 was a PvP-based game, then it would be a very poor game considering sPvP has very little content and many missing features while PvE has 15gb of content.

People need to stop claiming a game is “based” on something just because they like it.
GW2 offers a lot in all fields, it isn’t centered on anything specific.

Posted by: ravinhood.3981

ravinhood.3981

Wolfgrey

i still believe PvP is the main focus.

There are no dynamic events, skill challenges, hearts, or other similar content in PvP unless you count WvW as strictly PvP, and even ANet doesn’t do that. There are 26 massive PvE explorable zones, compared to 4 sPvP maps, all one gametype, and 4 maps for WvW, three of which have the same terrain.

PvP is not the main focus of the game itself. Just because you choose to make it your main focus (and that’s fine, there’s nothing wrong with that at all) doesn’t mean ANet does.

THank you Dusk I’m glad YOU get it. It would appear that the OP is just trolling for some form of attention because the PVP portion of the game is soooooooooo BORING as it should be since this is PRIMARILY a PVE game and thus more emphasis will be put into PVE than PVP evah.

Everyone but him and his trolling troll buddies know what the focus of this game and GW1 is and it isn’t PVP.

Posted by: Jestunhi.7429

Jestunhi.7429

If I played a game of baseball and never touched the ball, would my personal experience mean the game is not focused on hitting / catching / throwing the ball?

Whether each player enjoys / takes part in each feature does not necessarily reflect the intended focus of the game.

And this post would have made more sense IF THE QUOTE BUTTON WORKED!

SoE have finally been knocked off the top spot
in the list of developers I have the least faith & trust in.
Congratulations ArenaNet!

Posted by: Algomyth.5479

Algomyth.5479

How nice all of you nerds decided what the “focus” of the game is, because contrary to what you present as facts Anet never made such a claim.

So we shouldn’t be concerned with pve issues because that’s just a side activity right? Like I am going to let anyone of you tell me how I will play and what I will do in my login time. gtfo.

Posted by: Rush.8239

Rush.8239

if its mostly pvp game then why is there like 90% pve

even spvp only has 1 mode and just a tiny amount of maps, but how many dungeons are there? and world events?

Jestunhi.7429

The amount of scripted content in PvE will always be higher than in PvP in any game which has both.

PvP is more of a sandbox system. They give you the objectives and the map and let the players do what they want to do.

PvP doesn’t need hours of storyline, etc.

Posted by: Duveth.5742

Duveth.5742

the sad thing is pvp is kitten boring and focused in zerg without any skill required

Jestunhi.7429

the sad thing is pvp is kitten boring and focused in zerg without any skill required

Unlike PvE where adding an extra 20 people to one side makes no difference?