So no new skills for another year?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: jweez.7214

jweez.7214

The mega server post said that this will be the last feature of the April feature patch. The next two posts will likely talk about the implications of the megaserver. We also know that anet decided to not add any features until the end of Ls arches…so does that mean that since we didn’t get new skills- this time around we will be waiting another year for them?

If so that really sucks. I like the stuff in this round of features but I was really hoping to get new skills either slot skills or weapon skills.

Posted by: Stormcrow.7513

Stormcrow.7513

Fix the broken stuff before adding new broken stuff

i7 3770k oc 4.5 H100i(push/pull) 8gb Corsair Dominator Asus P877V-LK
intel 335 180gb/intel 320 160gb WD 3TB Gigabyte GTX G1 970 XFX XXX750W HAF 932

Posted by: Justdeifyme.9387

Justdeifyme.9387

Fix the broken stuff before adding new broken stuff

Or add tons of content that is gone again in a month instead of fixing broken stuff. How long has it been? 18 months and we get the most basic quality of life stuff now. That’s kinda sad actually.

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

New skills is most likely counted as content rather than features.

And no, they have never said that there will be no features until after a LS arc.
They have said that they will be seperated. Which basically means that week 2, 4, 6 might be LS and then week 8 Feature and 10 LS again.

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

No new skills, but at least we’re getting a trait overhaul in 2 weeks. Surely that counts, right?

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

jweez.7214

And no, they have never said that there will be no features until after a LS arc.
They have said that they will be seperated. Which basically means that week 2, 4, 6 might be LS and then week 8 Feature and 10 LS again.

That’s true.

jweez.7214

No new skills, but at least we’re getting a trait overhaul in 2 weeks. Surely that counts, right?

Yeah that counts but I just hate the utility skills in this game. The lot of them are soooo situational. And that’s fine if they want us too to be swapping our skills out often but in that case they should make it friendlier to do so.

Posted by: Dual.8953

Dual.8953

Yeah that counts but I just hate the utility skills in this game. The lot of them are soooo situational. And that’s fine if they want us too to be swapping our skills out often but in that case they should make it friendlier to do so.

How much friendlier can you get than, “click the little triangle while out of combat”? Not like it’s hid in a deep menu or barred by an npc.

Registered Altaholic
Part-time Kittenposter

Posted by: TurtleofPower.5641

TurtleofPower.5641

’Tis a bummer. I was hoping for the mythical “use more weps or all weps with all classes” to give the game a new lease on combat.

I get that they want everything locked down and to remove that flexibility instead, but it’s still sad. I just don’t really like the combat.

jweez.7214

How much friendlier can you get than, “click the little triangle while out of combat”? Not like it’s hid in a deep menu or barred by an npc.

Yeah. I am just being lazy and picky about it. Thanks for the comment I’ve been getting more familiar with my utility skills so I can recognize what I need faster. I think me not being familiar with them and having to read each one when I try to switch stuff around led me to think it was more difficult than it is.

Posted by: BatsLoveCaves.5768

BatsLoveCaves.5768

’Tis a bummer. I was hoping for the mythical “use more weps or all weps with all classes” to give the game a new lease on combat.

They have said that new weapon proficiencies for the classes are coming, they just haven’t said when. New traits are a step in the right direction, though.

Posted by: TiF.6589

TiF.6589

GS for thief please

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

We’v already got 2 new heal skills so far, keeping that in perspective.. i dont think feature patch has anything to do with new skills not being introduced into the game

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

Did you not see the new heals?
They are a waste of space and were a waste of development time.

I don’t want any new skills if they will be as useless as that.

Posted by: OneManArmy.9732

OneManArmy.9732

Did you not see the new heals?
They are a waste of space and were a waste of development time.

I don’t want any new skills if they will be as useless as that.

new ele skill extremly usefull in pve. fotm/dung/open w. 99% of time in pve i am using this new “useless” skill. so, if they make same “useless” new utility skills ill be happy enough.