So sick of Mordrem

So sick of Mordrem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

I really hope we have something other than Mordrem to fight in HoT.

I’ve been playing Silverwastes pretty much every day since it came out. Not because its the most interesting place to be, but because:

1. it has the best rewards, and
2. it has the most challenging open world pve content

Its literally made every other part of the world a waste of time.

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not complaining about SW. I love it. But fighting the same mobs day after day is getting really old. And the prospect of fighting nothing but Mordrem in the expansion is starting to worry me, as we’ve already been fighting them exclusively for almost a year…

If there really is nothing else coming then I seriously urge ANET to look at revamping some of the meta events on existing maps. There is plenty of interesting events/mobs out there to fight, but they don’t reward anything near like SW does.

Does anyone else feel the same?

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Tapioca.9062

Tapioca.9062

Don’t worry. The new maps have more than just Mordrem in them. For instance, I know some Smokescales that would love to make your acquaintance.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Drow.2081

Drow.2081

blasphemy!

I also post on guildwars2guru.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: reapex.8546

reapex.8546

The smokescales welcome you

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Pocket raptors and tigers and shadowleapers, oh my!

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

New Types of Frogs, Dragons who are missing 2 Limbs and thus called Wyvern, Dinosaurs who are Rofling to the Side or Ramming their Heads into the Ground or Players

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

We know there are new hylek, dinosaurs, new types of modrem (the mordrem guard), tigers, beetles, and the usual assortment of stuff, one would presume, in addition to the mordrem we’ve all come to know and love. Oh and wyverns. lol

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: PopeUrban.2578

PopeUrban.2578

Don’t forget the mushrooms guys.

Seriously, you only think you want to fight new monsters, then you try to facetank a pack of mushrooms.

I find the other mobs in the HoT betas interesting, but those kitten mushrooms are terrifying

Guild Master – The Papacy [POPE] (Gate of Madness)/Road Scholar for the Durmand Priory
Writer/Director – Quaggan Quest
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ky2TGPmMPeQ

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

I understand the complaint.

The Zhaitan arc lead us to almost continuously fight risen. This is absolutely fair enough, considering much of Tyria was infested by the undead. The story would have very little gravity if we were told that the whole country was under siege by risen but… oh look, go spend most of your time killing these things-that-aren’t-dragon-minions instead!

The times were you aren’t killing risen, you’re killing enemies that are holding your allies captive, or killing enemies that may ultimately mean you are able to persuade another race to join your quest.

The Scarlet arc was particularly interesting considering there was a great variety in the enemies we faced (toxic, aetherblade and molten alliance).

From what we’ve seen so far, even if primarily we are fighting mordrem, it’s not just going to be standard mordrem scrubs we’ll be seeing 24/7. There will be a tonne of interesting mechanics involved, which should keep things interesting.

Tl;dr: We’ll be fighting mordrem mostly- if we weren’t, we wouldn’t be able to take them seriously as an enemy. But we will be fighting other creatures and races as the story develops (as plot points), I’m sure.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Hyper Cutter.9376

Hyper Cutter.9376

And yet they still haven’t fixed teragriffs so their charge has a proper-sized hitbox!

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

I’d like a more Inquest or Asura based story arc. We’ve been seeing so much Sylvari stuff lately other races need attention too.

So sick of Mordrem

Walhalla.5473

More Asuran Stuff hmm, I find it to be more likely to see the secondary Focus on Human Stuff and perhaps seeing some White Mantle Plots.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: JoshuaRAWR.4653

JoshuaRAWR.4653

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not complaining about SW. I love it. But fighting the same mobs day after day is getting really old.

And who’s to blame for that?

Warrior 80 | Guardian 80 | Ranger 80 | Engineer 80 |
Thief 80 | Elementalist 80 | Mesmer 80 | Necromancer 80 | Revenant TBA

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Maybe you shouldn’t play the same thing every day if you’re looking for variety.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: chefdiablo.6791

chefdiablo.6791

And yet they still haven’t fixed teragriffs so their charge has a proper-sized hitbox!

My lord yes.

Positioning is a very important part of game play and those things really put it out of whack.

So sick of Mordrem

Walhalla.5473

My lord yes.

Positioning is a very important part of game play and those things really put it out of whack.

Two Things can help.

1. Reduce the Charge-Hitbox so they fall in Line with their Body
2. Give the Charge a Line AE Field so we see the actual Size of it.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: xarallei.4279

xarallei.4279

My lord yes.

Two Things can help.

1. Reduce the Charge-Hitbox so they fall in Line with their Body
2. Give the Charge a Line AE Field so we see the actual Size of it.

This.

I am so sick of stepping to the side and thinking I am clear of the stupid teragriff charge only to end up getting hit by it anyway. It’s not really acceptable. Either make the hitbox in line with the size of the teragriff or give us an AoE indicator for their charge.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Another teagariff problem is the trail it leaves behind. You dodge back it’ll hit you anyway, not a problem by itself but the damage trail it leaves behind will ensure you’re tagged to combat if you dodge forward and the damage itself is noticeable. If you’re standing on a high ledge where they logically shouldn’t be able to get you they can still hit you anyway. You’d need to be really high up to avoid getting hit.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Lahmia.2193

Lahmia.2193

More Asuran Stuff hmm, I find it to be more likely to see the secondary Focus on Human Stuff and perhaps seeing some White Mantle Plots.

I relish the day anet adds more White Mantle plot. The Human story one was pretty kitten. But at least we know they are still here. Also the return of Lazarus the Dire would be great.

Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Tommyknocker.6089

Tommyknocker.6089

Don’t worry, I am sure they are quite sick of us too.

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: inch.3769

inch.3769

I really hope we have something other than Mordrem to fight in HoT.

I’ve been playing Silverwastes pretty much every day since it came out. Not because its the most interesting place to be, but because:

1. it has the best rewards, and
2. it has the most challenging open world pve content

Its literally made every other part of the world a waste of time.

Don’t get me wrong here, I’m not complaining about SW. I love it. But fighting the same mobs day after day is getting really old. And the prospect of fighting nothing but Mordrem in the expansion is starting to worry me, as we’ve already been fighting them exclusively for almost a year…

If there really is nothing else coming then I seriously urge ANET to look at revamping some of the meta events on existing maps. There is plenty of interesting events/mobs out there to fight, but they don’t reward anything near like SW does.

Does anyone else feel the same?

I’ve been doing a lot of jumping puzzles and alt leveling so i’m not to board of mordrem yet… I’ve done a bit of Silverwastes but I haven’t overdone it.

PS. We get to fight Hylek in HoT

[tc]

So sick of Mordrem

Posted by: Sube Dai.8496

Sube Dai.8496

Maybe you shouldn’t play the same thing every day if you’re looking for variety.

My point is that sw is the most dynamic, most engaging, and most challenging open world content. Nothing else is as interesting anymore.

Or do you actually enjoy kicking the shatterer in the shins for 10 minutes?

Sw has rendered other open world events obsolete. So it is time to revisit them.

John Snowman [GLTY]
Space Marine Z [GLTY]