So still no LA?

So still no LA?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: ehjhey.1894

ehjhey.1894

Okay I get it. It was entire city that was blown up and a crazy sylvari. I also get that story wise, everyone is devoting resources to fighting the new dragon….but come on…I mean I came back after a 2 month break and Lions arch is still a hot mess with npc’s that have been pick axing the same pile of rubble for almost a year now.

It really hit home with me today when it came to my attention that I have a few guild members that have actually never known the “real” lions arch.

Yes, there are better hub cities…but I really kinda miss good ol’ Lion’s arch

any word on when attention will finally be returned to rebuilding it?

So still no LA?

Posted by: Archaos.4192

Archaos.4192

How did the “real” lion arch was more than the current one?

So still no LA?

Posted by: Cbomb.4310

Cbomb.4310

How did the “real” lion arch was more than the current one?

Obviously the one underwater 2 LA’s ago. Drain the water already!

So still no LA?

Posted by: Unloveableone.6082

Unloveableone.6082

I mean I came back after a 2 month break and Lions arch is still a hot mess

it takes more than 2 months to fix a giant city.
it takes years to completely rebuild something that destroyed.

So still no LA?

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

I mean I came back after a 2 month break and Lions arch is still a hot mess

it takes more than 2 months to fix a giant city.
it takes years to completely rebuild something that destroyed.

When the Lion statue was destroyed by the first coming of the Mad King, you could see progress over time on fixing it. Since LA was retaken, I cannot recall any progress of any sort. There’s one damaged bridge with an NPC “working” on it. You’d think, after most of a year, there would be some progress…

So still no LA?

Posted by: Archaos.4192

Archaos.4192

Can a dev comment on this?

So still no LA?

Posted by: saalle.4623

saalle.4623

I was vary happy when that town went BOOOMMM,but also sad that i could not help Scarlet destroying it.I disliked LA for many reasons (the most cause of people stacking there like ants,doing nothing) and i still dont like it.Still,it was lots of time since LA was destroyed and its time to see some signs of repair.

So still no LA?

Posted by: yanipheonu.5798

yanipheonu.5798

Well I mean there IS an expansion coming up, not to mention Living Story afterwards…

So still no LA?

Posted by: Hamfast.8719

Hamfast.8719

Hammering, hammering, hammering. Those workers have been hammering every day for 10 real-life months. (That’s 3600 in-game day/night cycles).

The following picture from Fort Marriner is proof positive that nothing is getting done!

Attachments:

Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm all day.
Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm the rest of his life.
– Unknown Fire Elementalist

So still no LA?

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Consider the rebuilding on a real-life perspective (spoilers)

-Mordremoth is starting to corrupt and destroy a good variety of different strongholds across Tyria, depending on how much magic/ley line energy is there. LA is a leyline hub.
-Why would Tyrians spend time/resources on rebuilding LA to its entirity during another war? It’s entirely possible that LA could become damaged by Mordremoth’s power, plus diverting attention to building (away from the war effort) is a terrible move.

On a game developing note, the reason why LA was destroyed in the first place was for story telling and immersion. Paraphrasing here, but a dev said something along the lines of “We created Living Story to give players a sense of an ever-changing Tyria where story has real consequences. What’s better than destroying the captial city?”

Although in disrepair, I prefer the current LA in terms of layout. I think the destruction of LA was really important in creating a more evenly spread map where you get to feel the actual scale of LA. I’m sure it has some benefit in terms of loading times as well, as the population is more evenly spread and the game doesn’t have to load a huge amount of player characters around you.

So still no LA?

Posted by: eduardo.1436

eduardo.1436

Go to Fort Mariner and you may find something interesting. The hero of Tyria will rebuild the city :P