So that's the cool plan? (SPOILER)

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Rikimaru.7890

Rikimaru.7890

So we finally killed the real Lazarus, umm, hmm, you know we could have done that back in GW1 quest where we meet him. Really there is no need for this charade if we bring him back just to finish him off. So much for cool plans for the Mursaat.
I mean back in Bloodstone Fen Balthazar could have just absorbed the energy and do a runner, so he can operate from the shadows. By revealing himself he just put his plans in danger. You would think a God of War no less would be better at strategising.
I am really disappointed, am I suppose to cheer just because I got to see Livia again?
I really don’t know what to say, except it’s another broken promise by ANET.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not sure what was promised, so the promise is not broken.

And a dev said that Balthazar used the white mantle to access the bloodstone. Presumably he was in a weakened state for reasons we’ve yet to learn. Once he absorbed that power he basically stole their resources and hired mercenaries, but he still needs more power.

He didn’t reveal himself to be Balthazar by choice. We did that to him. If I had to guess he probably underestimated us. Or he was done with the white mantle and no longer needed his disguise.

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

…You would think a God of War no less would be better at strategising…

Actually I would think that he couldn’t care less about a working from the shadows strategy since he just absorbed the energy from a Bloodstone and is the most powerful being besides the Elder Dragons on Tyria.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Don’t you know it’s traditional for villains to have overly-convoluted plans in order to give the good guys a chance to beat them? If villains were efficient it would all be over in a second. Balthazar would steal the power of the bloodstone then – when we face him in the arena in BF, he could just nuke the whole arena with us and Cadaceus from one of the floating platforms above. BAM All witnesses gone. Problem solved.

Posted by: JTGuevara.9018

JTGuevara.9018

A better plan would’ve been to try and destroy the aspects and fail so Lazarus gets resurrected anyway. That would’ve made much more sense.

Now that season 3 is finished, I can judge it fully. Nothing really had a purpose. Jormag and Primordus woke up only for Balthazar to put them back to sleep. Lazarus was resurrected only to be put back down in the same episode. Then the confusion with Balthazar and the aspects. Disappointing.

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

I think it was thoroughly unsatisfying to bring back the real Lazarus and kill him all in one episode… I would rather they left him asleep honestly.

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

But we got to bring back someone from the dead…. just to punch them in the face! Isn’t that the ultimate shade?

“Who disturbs my unending slumb—”
BIFF
“Ow! That was my nose! WTF dude?!?! Wait… you?!?”
“Yeah, me. And this time I’m going to kill you for good.”
“Wait..what? I was already dead.”
“But now you’ll be deader!”
“Dude… that’s really messed up. You need hel—”
POW
“Ow! My thorax!!!!”

Posted by: Conncept.7638

Conncept.7638

Balthazar didn’t reveal himself, we ripped his disguise off by force.

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

So we finally killed the real Lazarus, umm, hmm, you know we could have done that back in GW1 quest where we meet him. Really there is no need for this charade if we bring him back just to finish him off. So much for cool plans for the Mursaat.
I mean back in Bloodstone Fen Balthazar could have just absorbed the energy and do a runner, so he can operate from the shadows. By revealing himself he just put his plans in danger. You would think a God of War no less would be better at strategising.
I am really disappointed, am I suppose to cheer just because I got to see Livia again?
I really don’t know what to say, except it’s another broken promise by ANET.

Even tho theres no clear meaning behind him decieving us. His plan worked he got close enough to take ommad mchine and power himself up with dragon magic. Pretty good strategising there if yu ask me.

Posted by: lmaogg.7325

lmaogg.7325

never played gw1. But it’s already 5 years for gw2 now. Just let Anet do their thing and move on with this game before it gets obsolete.

But we got to bring back someone from the dead…. just to punch them in the face! Isn’t that the ultimate shade?

“Who disturbs my unending slumb—”
BIFF
“Ow! That was my nose! WTF dude?!?! Wait… you?!?”
“Yeah, me. And this time I’m going to kill you for good.”
“Wait..what? I was already dead.”
“But now you’ll be deader!”
“Dude… that’s really messed up. You need hel—”
POW
“Ow! My thorax!!!!”

This. I giggled.