So that's where all the (Kitten)s in GW2 are.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sabelle.2159

Sabelle.2159

Out of all my experiences in this game, I have met nothing but friendly awesome players who were willing to be helpful and understanding until just now where I had the sudden realization where all the jerks have been hiding.

All the (Kitten)s are at CoF P1 Speed.

I have a lvl 80 zerk mesmer that I believe I’m fairly competent with and I also believe that I have a fair amount of experience doing the runs. I use the curtains properly, I use the feedback, I do the time warps, so what’s the deal?

Before I did CoF p1 runs, I made sure to ask guild members for instruction and I even watched a lot of YT videos on Mesmer play in CoF P1 speed running to learn absolutely everything I needed to know so I didn’t inconvenience anyone when I started.

I’ve accumulated a fair amount of experience since I first started these runs, but I’m realizing that more than anything, these runs while they do make money, they usually host the most hostile players in this game.

A summary of today’s experience, you ask? After multiple runs today, we tried to despawn and a warrior dragged an imp to my despawn area, killing us both.

I was going to port when they finished the chest figuring they would be able to handle it, but they were taking too long and kept rallying so I figured I would head back and Greatsword the acolytes from the rock at a distance to finish and help.

What do I get? The second they finish after taking so long leaving me waiting for the port, I get this:

“Why are you running back, you (kitten). (Kitten) Stupid (Kitten), now we have no port.” then proceeded to kick me.

Firstly, they were taking a long time to finish. Secondly, I was initially going to port once they finished if they weren’t failing so hard. The most important detail about this is when they finished, I was already hit by a mob and on my way there. Figured that stuff happens, I would be able to make it back in time before they finished the acolyte seeing as they were dropping off a lot.

Another time I got kicked simply by politely asking an engineer in a party before we started if he was going to switch to a zerk warrior for the speed run.

I am in a very sour mood. I have loved GW2 more than any other MMO simply because the community here has been the least hostile community out of any other MMO I’ve played, but seeing the amount of unnecessary aggression and elitism that keeps going on in these runs makes me wish there was no field diminish so I can stay in a field and acquire mats to sell.

TL;DR version: Most CoF p1 people are incredibly impolite, and I have a secret desire now for ANet to nerf this dungeon just to hear all these ignoramus’ whine and complain. Maybe that’s wrong of me to say right now, but I’m really sour at the moment.;

(edited by Sabelle.2159)

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

And in Fractals, and farming in Orr (but in the later you never have to talk to them, so it doesn’t make any difference).

Do notice how the more feline inclined players are the ones who concentrate on farming areas. See how farming is good for the game?

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Posted by: Mirta.5029

Mirta.5029

And in Fractals, and farming in Orr (but in the later you never have to talk to them, so it doesn’t make any difference).

Fractals have a very mixed crowd in my experience. The higher you’ll go, the more chance there is to hit jerks, however at level 28 you still have a chance of running into friendly people.
And then there’s those that will kick a random person from their team every time they die from their own incompetence.

Posted by: Llyren.3904

Llyren.3904

Another time I got kicked simply by politely asking an engineer in a party before we started if he was going to switch to a zerk warrior for the speed run.

When you asked this, then they thought you where going to be a kitten. Any talk of game mechanics or efficent ways to do things will brand you as the devil, “elitist” for some folks.

Posted by: Defcon.8509

Defcon.8509

And this is exactly why I never do cof p1 speed runs, even though my warrior is fully exo serker and I can do the run with my eyes closed.

It simply isn’t fun, I’d much rather run with a group of whoever needs to go. Sure, sometimes they don’t know what to do, sometimes their dps is seriously under-par, but who cares?

Sure I could make at least double the gold I make now if I joined a p1 speed farm group, but it wouldn’t be worth it. As of now, I run whatever dungeon feels like fun at the moment, maybe kitten kitten around in wvw for awhile, or just visit southsun and my gold count steadily increases at a rate that actually surprises me. And that’s without selling all the crafting mats, lodestones and ectos I accumulate.

If you’re farming, you’re doing it wrong in my opinion, just enjoy the game.

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is the result when players do the same thing over… and over… and over… until all fun is leeched out of the game. It would certainly make me testy, if I were inclined to do so in the first place.

(edited by IndigoSundown.5419)

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

OP, you are either extremely unlucky or you kitten ed them off somehow. I crafted my mesmer almost to 80 then watched 1 short video showing the run. I wasn’t experienced at all but I did just fine and haven’t had a problem before. Just don’t slow down the run.

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

Sabelle, I am sorry you had such an unfriendly experience in GW2. Don’t blame you for feeling sour.

Please understand that the number of people who act like elitists in this game is a very very small minority, who as you aptly deduced, mostly hang out in CoF1 doing speed runs.

1) Let’s try and keep it that way. I don’t subscribe to that behavior or the values that encourage it, have hated it in other games, especially those games where the devs have deliberately fostered that kind of behavior. Thankfully, ANet does not.

2) If you are interested in doing CoF1, and you happen to get into a group to do so, save yourself some hassle and ask if it’s a speed run and gauge reponses. If it is, and you are uncomfortable with responses, consider leaving on the spot. Or start a group yourself. I know that sounds callous. See #1.

3) Play with folks you know, whether friends list, or guild.

4) Report any egregious griefing to ANet via an email to support. They do care. (Details and screenshots help).

5) Help keep GW2 centered on continuing to have a community full of friendly, helpful, mature players by continuing to be one yourself. Just like in “real” community, there is no need to tolerate immature behavior, inappropriate teenage locker room antics/chat in public /mapchat, and elitist style griefing.

6) And remember, not all players who run CoF1 doing speed runs, or Fractals are elitist.

-Elite but not elitist.

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

(edited by goldenwing.8473)

Posted by: Villious.8530

Villious.8530

OP, you are either extremely unlucky or you kitten ed them off somehow. I crafted my mesmer almost to 80 then watched 1 short video showing the run. I wasn’t experienced at all but I did just fine and haven’t had a problem before. Just don’t slow down the run.

OP…..guess that’s a case in point for you ;-)

Posted by: Jamais vu.5284

Jamais vu.5284

To be honest nagging/gossip threads are boring.

Posted by: Guns and Giblets.9308

Guns and Giblets.9308

Sorry you met some unpleasant people, but generalizations and stereotyping about an entire subset of players won’t make you feel better and only serves to inflame the community through prejudice and stereotyping.

(And, no, I have never done a speed run through CoF1.)

“A soft answer turns away wrath,
but a harsh word stirs up anger.” -Jewish Proverb

Posted by: TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

TheOneNOnlyGeneralBama.9586

Surpised it took you this long to find the Elitist lol , they a pretty raunchy bunch. Take for instance anyone where theres amples amounts of loot to be had via party compatability thats where you will more than likely find them.

I never expect to lose. Even when I’m the Engineer , I still prepare a victory speech.

Posted by: Sabelle.2159

Sabelle.2159

I was doing fine. I curtained in the appropriate spots, I waved at the first boss, and I stayed at the desp spot and greatsworded acolytes from a far. They screwed up repeatedly and pinned it on me.

Sorry you met some unpleasant people, but generalizations and stereotyping about an entire subset of players won’t make you feel better and only serves to inflame the community through prejudice and stereotyping.

Nah, I am not stereotyping that every single person who speeds CoF is like this. I’m just saying it seems like a lot of players act like CoF is going to kill their parents. I have been in some pleasant parties that were very nice and respected my efforts.

I’ve had some pretty fast, pretty smooth runs with some…but it’s the ones that are negative that just make you sour.

(edited by Sabelle.2159)

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Not all farmers, even hard core farmers are like this…but some of them sure are. It’s one of the reasons I don’t do speed runs. Not that I think all farmers or even most farmers are bad people. I don’t do them because I feel I increase my chances of running into people I’d rather not play with.

Anyway, it’s good that the rest of the community is pretty cool, so there’s that. lol

Posted by: goldenwing.8473

goldenwing.8473

I was doing fine. I curtained in the appropriate spots, I waved at the first boss, and I stayed at the desp spot and greatsworded acolytes from a far. They screwed up repeatedly and pinned it on me.

Nah, I am not stereotyping that every single person who speeds CoF is like this. I’m just saying it seems like a lot of players act like CoF is going to kill their parents. I have been in some pleasant parties that were very nice and respected my efforts.

I’ve had some pretty fast, pretty smooth runs with some…but it’s the ones that are negative that just make you sour.

I’m curious, were the other players in the group all from the same guild?

BG: 52 alts, 29 lvl 80’s. They all look good, so I am done with the game: Oct 2014

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

To be honest nagging/gossip threads are boring.

Then why are you reading/posting here? Hmmmm.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Posted by: Zoldyck.6241

Zoldyck.6241

I would say it depends on the people but yea, it is more noticeable to see impolite people in cof.

Last night I joined a party and they were totally ignoring me in party chat (for being a thief i guess and they are all warriors) and since they are busy server hopping to find an uncontested dungeon, I went ahead without saying more and started the dungeon.

After going through the dungeon flawlessly (no deaths, fast run, took gate down in 7 secs, etc) on the last boss with the boss down to almost a sliver of life left I got kicked. One one hand I feel offended for such a poor attempt but on the other hand I can’t help but laugh.

Needless to say the next time i join a pug party full of warriors I probably would look for another team or start the dungeon myself.

Posted by: krisztian.6513

krisztian.6513

Its about these ppl only i believe, I used to run cof speedruns only if i get a 1-2 ppl i know somehow. Altho the worst I met so far was when we were waiting for some ppl to fill the party (used lfg site to get someone), and we were chatting for like a min. till someone showed up, and meanwhile we lost 2 ppl cause they said this is not a speedrun party :P
So ye, there are many elitists there, but there are more sides of this problem.
First of all cof is left as the best gold generation (now apart from tp workers), so ppl want to do them a lot as fast as possible, so if they cant they get angry. If there would be more options to get similar results (at least similar) it wouldnt be like this.
But then again, its just that group… most ppl arent like that.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

This is why I never did speed runs in GW1 and will never do them in GW2.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

Yep, I’ve met a lot of idiots during p1 farming. Also, in the past week i started to do CoE, which i’ve done it few times before (few months back). I didn’t know any tricks and stuff, but i did very well. So, one player didn’t know he “should” hug the boss (subject alpha), peopled cursed in chat and left. Just like that. No explanation, they rather left and wasted those idk 5 mins into dungeon then explained tactics to him, which would take 30 sec tops. Btw, me and this “rookie” then proceed alone and killed alpha. But you know, it wasn’t done in “pro time” so it doesn’t matter i guess?

No wonders it’s so hard to find people for dungeons, except for cof, because if you’re not absolutelly “pro”, you’ll have hard time finding good people and doing dungeons.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

No wonders it’s so hard to find people for dungeons, except for cof, because if you’re not absolutelly “pro”, you’ll have hard time finding good people and doing dungeons.

I don’t know, there are a lot of people who feel this way. I think if you made it clear you weren’t looking for a speed run or other “elite” group you could find people to go with you.

In fact I’m organising a group for my guild later today specifically for people who haven’t done dungeons before and/or think they would never be let into a group. Sure it might take us longer than usual and we might die a lot but we’ll get it done and then we’ll know how to do better next time. (Or for some people it will be done and they won’t have to bother with it again.)

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I don’t know, there are a lot of people who feel this way. I think if you made it clear you weren’t looking for a speed run or other “elite” group you could find people to go with you.

In fact I’m organising a group for my guild later today specifically for people who haven’t done dungeons before and/or think they would never be let into a group. Sure it might take us longer than usual and we might die a lot but we’ll get it done and then we’ll know how to do better next time. (Or for some people it will be done and they won’t have to bother with it again.)

You’re right. First i just posted on lfg as normal post (no experienced playera, no speedrun checks) and i tought i’m safe from idiots. Guess i was wrong. Then i started posting “lf3m bla bla, casual players” and i got nicer people.
But the point is, it’s still bad for players, especially new or those who are not new but are new to the certain dungeon, to get into the party of idiots and get treated that way… I know a few players that were discouraged to do dungeons because of this.

(edited by serialkicker.5274)

Posted by: Jaall.3420

Jaall.3420

I will never do a run advertised as a “speed run” simply for the fact that people are way too serious about knocking a minute off their completion time for a dungeon. If 1 or 2 minutes more is unreasonable for you then you are not the kind of player I want to associate with. I have had some really great times in CoF and some of my fastest runs have been without warriors, also some of my slowest runs have been with warriors. There are plenty of people who want to do P1 and don’t mind it taking a little bit longer, don’t mind any classes joining and are just as easy to find as fast runs if not easier.

Posted by: data.4093

data.4093

Yeah it’s just a weird occurrence I think. You don’t hear about the 500 runs people do with 0 problems.

Last night I joined a party and they were totally ignoring me in party chat (for being a thief i guess and they are all warriors) and since they are busy server hopping to find an uncontested dungeon, I went ahead without saying more and started the dungeon.

After going through the dungeon flawlessly (no deaths, fast run, took gate down in 7 secs, etc) on the last boss with the boss down to almost a sliver of life left I got kicked. One one hand I feel offended for such a poor attempt but on the other hand I can’t help but laugh.

It wasn’t because you were a thief. Were there people from the same guild in the group? Some guilds kick at the end then add their friends for rewards…

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I will never do a run advertised as a “speed run” simply for the fact that people are way too serious about knocking a minute off their completion time for a dungeon. If 1 or 2 minutes more is unreasonable for you then you are not the kind of player I want to associate with. I have had some really great times in CoF and some of my fastest runs have been without warriors, also some of my slowest runs have been with warriors. There are plenty of people who want to do P1 and don’t mind it taking a little bit longer, don’t mind any classes joining and are just as easy to find as fast runs if not easier.

When I ever figure out where and what CoF is and what a P1 is I’m looking you up for help. /friends I’m still roaming around the maps exploring and with a Ranger at that. Given what I have read in this and many threads I’m doomed if I ever try to find a group to show me what it is all about.

The Burninator

Posted by: HawkMeister.4758

HawkMeister.4758

GUILD Wars 2

Notice the bolded word there OP?
Finding a good one should be your number one priority, even higher actually than learning to play well.

Random pugging has always been the kitten´s balls in every MMO ever. Hope you finally have learned that lesson now.

Polish > hype

Posted by: Xeph.4718

Xeph.4718

A summary of today’s experience, you ask? After multiple runs today, we tried to despawn and a warrior dragged an imp to my despawn area, killing us both.

I was going to port when they finished the chest figuring they would be able to handle it, but they were taking too long and kept rallying so I figured I would head back and Greatsword the acolytes from the rock at a distance to finish and help.

What do I get? The second they finish after taking so long leaving me waiting for the port, I get this:

“Why are you running back, you (kitten). (Kitten) Stupid (Kitten), now we have no port.” then proceeded to kick me.

Firstly, they were taking a long time to finish. Secondly, I was initially going to port once they finished if they weren’t failing so hard.

You’ll often find that the loud bad players will find anyone else to blame for anything that goes wrong.

I’d recommend finding a guild or some guild mates who aren’t total idiots and go with them instead.

Even though my guild Pandion Knights is more casual we have had many ‘hardcore’ CoF speedruns since release, it shouldn’t be too hard to find some like minded people in any guild, after all it’s easy money.

Pandion Knights – Seafarer’s Rest
www.pandionknights.co.uk
Ava Solaris – Warrior SFR

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

The crazies in my experience have been the fractals and in the dungeons runs all over. It was like I was in WoW all of a sudden post the gearscore nerf.

If they nerfed dungeons before they provided a fix they’d lose the last few people they have. They’ve nerfed the heck out of farming locations over and over again, what makes you think they won’t eventually get to dungeons.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Eladriel.7295

Eladriel.7295

Out of all my experiences in this game, I have met nothing but friendly awesome players who were willing to be helpful and understanding until just now where I had the sudden realization where all the jerks have been hiding.

I have a lvl 80 zerk mesmer that I believe I’m fairly competent with and I also believe that I have a fair amount of experience doing the runs. I use the curtains properly, I use the feedback, I do the time warps, so what’s the deal?

Before I did CoF p1 runs, I made sure to ask guild members for instruction and I even watched a lot of YT videos on Mesmer play in CoF P1 speed running to learn absolutely everything I needed to know so I didn’t inconvenience anyone when I started.

I’ve accumulated a fair amount of experience since I first started these runs, but I’m realizing that more than anything, these runs while they do make money, they usually host the most hostile players in this game.

Firstly, they were taking a long time to finish. Secondly, I was initially going to port once they finished if they weren’t failing so hard. The most important detail about this is when they finished, I was already hit by a mob and on my way there. Figured that stuff happens, I would be able to make it back in time before they finished the acolyte seeing as they were dropping off a lot.

I am in a very sour mood. I have loved GW2 more than any other MMO simply because the community here has been the least hostile community out of any other MMO I’ve played, but seeing the amount of unnecessary aggression and elitism that keeps going on in these runs makes me wish there was no field diminish so I can stay in a field and acquire mats to sell.

TL;DR version: Most CoF p1 people are incredibly impolite, and I have a secret desire now for ANet to nerf this dungeon just to hear all these ignoramus’ whine and complain. Maybe that’s wrong of me to say right now, but I’m really sour at the moment.;

Yep, those are the elitist jerks all right. You’ll also find them populating the fotm dungeons as well. And on these forums.. Especially in certain threads. I have no use for those kinds of people or any tolerance for them. Report them and go on. Try putting your own group together. You might have more fun that way.

Together we stand in the face of evil!

Posted by: Bright.9160

Bright.9160

Do notice how the more feline inclined players are the ones who concentrate on farming areas. See how farming is good for the game?

Everyone that doesn’t play the game the way I do must be a jerk!

Legion of Doom [LOD] – Death ’n Taxes [DnT]
“People wanting content where Berserker sucks should remember that it needs be so hard
that they will cry, not just a river, but a huge ocean.” – Wethospu

Posted by: Knox.3748

Knox.3748

i have been doing cofp1 to get some cores and lodes but i agree that a level 75 dungeon cant be this easy. Its ridiculous compared to some mmo’s dungeons. kitten , i know people who left the game because how ridiculous this dungeons are. So i dont want a nerf on dungeons, i want a Buff. I want a lv75 dungeon to be hard as it should be.

Posted by: Caedmon.6798

Caedmon.6798

So,people have trouble enjoying themselves and making a good time..? If you get so upset about a dungeon run,you have other things to worry about then the dungeon itself.Thats their loss…Taking a game so seriously,is ruining their own fun,i would only laugh at something like that.And tbh i only run dungeons ( if ever ) with people i know,or from my guild,suggest you do the same to avoid these things from happening.Dungeon runs should be fun to be doing,you shouldn’t have to worry about “Hmm wich person will start raging this time”.

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

2 things i learned:

1) Many bad players feels elitist while they don t know anything :<
Many don t know how things works but if something goes wrong they need someone to blame.

2) dungeon players hates deaf people and not ignorant people.
If people write something you either reply you won t do it or you do it but you can t ignore it.

At fotm its undesrtandable people are quite elitist
A single player can get a Group to lose hours without any reward….so if you approach higher levels be sure to know how stuff works…..
If you aren t sure of what to do practice at 20 and only when you feel ready start prgressing….otherwise its not “elitist” fault.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

This is the result when players do the same thing over… and over… and over… until all fun is leeched out of the game. It would certainly make me testy, if I were inclined to do so in the first place.

^ this – doing the same thing repetatively for profit rather than fun is going to make anyone impatient if they can’t pound it out as fast as possible. Which means any little hiccup turns em into a seething ball of hate..

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

As this thread is not inviting to constructive and healthy discussion, it is now closed.

Thank you for your understanding.