So the patch is coming

So the patch is coming

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: SkyShroud.2865

SkyShroud.2865

Will it fix all the gameplay bugs that are complained vastly by the players or it will just only contain raid content?

Should we start writing bad reviews on HOT if it doesn’t contain any bugs fixing?

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Festus.8502

Festus.8502

do we know a time when the patch will be released?

So the patch is coming

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

If it makes me give two kittens about my Thief main I’ll be happy.

If not I’ll just keep mapping core on my Rev and enjoying HoT on my Guardian.

I expect the planet will keep turning either way.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Clem.2963

Clem.2963

Not if I don’t get my missing Central Tyria Mastery Points!

So the patch is coming

Posted by: fireflyry.7023

fireflyry.7023

Not if I don’t get my missing Central Tyria Mastery Points!

lol

Fair call on that my friend.

If your having adventurer problems I feel bad for you son, I dodged 99 arrows till my knee took one.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: MegumiAzusa.2918

MegumiAzusa.2918

ANet said it will include bug fixes in the last Points of InterestGuild Chat.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Shylock.4653

Shylock.4653

Will it fix all the gameplay bugs that are complained vastly by the players or it will just only contain raid content?

After enjoying Guild Missions in the last few weeks.
My best guess is, it will mostly contain raid content, include a few bug fixes and introduce a lot of new bugs.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

I’m hoping it includes better fixed for lag in wvw, bugs in general, weird stuff related to HoT adventures where I didn’t get any credit for Sanctum Scramble… Things like tending to PvP related profession skills being too UP cough warri cough and if they’re feeling extra nice I’m dying for raid content and/or new hairstyles/colors if there’s anything being added. Please.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

pleasepleaseplease fix central tyria mastery points! A lot of people are complaining about them!

I wish the patch will also fix the problem of not always telling you about the progress in an event or even WHAT event you are doing.

[I just noticed there is another thread, one or the other will most likely get merged]

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

I’m hoping for a slight nerf to Shooting Gallery Gold and a fix for the Bark Breaker achievement.

One – Piken Square

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Maris.3164

Maris.3164

My best guess is, it will mostly contain raid content, include a few bug fixes and introduce a lot of new bugs.

So optimistic^^ But yeah, the guild missions have been… Interesting. A whole new level of challenging content when trying to debug the missions to get rewards.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Tom Gore.4035

Tom Gore.4035

So optimistic^^ But yeah, the guild missions have been… Interesting. A whole new level of challenging content when trying to debug the missions to get rewards.

And a challenge to patience waiting for Rush to finish before you’ll get your rewards. Nothing like sitting on your kitten for 15+ minutes.

One – Piken Square

So the patch is coming

Posted by: PyrateSilly.4710

PyrateSilly.4710

Should we start writing bad reviews on HOT if it doesn’t contain any bugs fixing?

Reviews from players were already being posted 12 hours BEFORE Hot went live. Not sure how they complained about what they complained about when it wasn’t even live yet but they already had very large and long complaints ready to post BEFORE it went live. So I doubt we will have to wait long.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

And a challenge to patience waiting for Rush to finish before you’ll get your rewards. Nothing like sitting on your kitten for 15+ minutes.

At least you could sit on your kitten. Half of my guild had to run in circles at the last checkpoint. Our rush should have failed but instead it finished and everyone got their chest. Even people that did not participate.

So the patch is coming

SkyShroud.2865

hohoho, if the patch contains no bug fixing, i guess HOT rating on game sites gonna drop.

Founder & Leader of Equinox Solstice [TIME], a Singapore-Based International Guild
Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

So the patch is coming

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

With such general statements I am sure it will fail for you. Even if its not documented since they are not the best at that part, ANet usually addresses some bugs each patch even if they don’t advertise it. Even if they did, the way that they might phrase it versus the way a player might describe it potentially would not match leaving people in the belief that it wasn’t addressed. So will it fix ALL, no. Just go plan on that now. As always the forum contains mostly us forum warriors that are here because we should be doing other things and a majority of the subs are off and about being productive and/or are out in game enjoying themselves. Now, out of curiosity, since I do watch these forums for guildies when we do run into bugs, which bugs in particular are you hoping are in the patch? Or by all are you that concerned about Charr horn clipping that I don’t really care if they spend time on versus issues like map completion reward issues for people with 100% Tyria completion? And that later is more for friends, haven’t run into any game breakers that prevent me from enjoying time in game personally.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

At least you could sit on your kitten. Half of my guild had to run in circles at the last checkpoint. Our rush should have failed but instead it finished and everyone got their chest. Even people that did not participate.

Agree, been trying to figure out if there is a pattern to the guild mission issues, be it the rush chests and the PVP missions rewarding even when failing. At least the not having people in the team and winning issue made since once that was determined. You know, didn’t test to see if the people not getting the reward for the rushes were not linked into any defined teams, shouldn’t be related since teams should be just needed for PvP, but just thought of that one. Will need to check that pattern tonight.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

OP is trying to organize a compaign to write bad reviews. Mate, if you don’t like a game, by all means write bad reviews. Encouraging others to do so, on the forum of the game company, is just bad, bad taste.

You have an opinion, express it. Organizing others to do it? Give it a rest.

(edited by Vayne.8563)

So the patch is coming

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

When has a patch ever contained only the big key items that it said it contained?

Like…..never. There are (almost) always little tweaks, fixes, polish, etc in them as well.

Edit: and they always have at least one bug if nothing else

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

I did think they mention that some bug fixes would only be released on the “regular” patch schedule now instead of the hot patches we got in the first 10 days after HoT.

Whether Raids is that patch remains to be seen.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

It won’t fix WvW, So it is a useless patch for those of us who left the game after HoT destroyed WvW.

WvW is empty now and will remain so for a very long time.

So the patch is coming

Behellagh.1468

Funny, I had fun there last night. And the night before. Now maybe that’s because all the players who took WvW super seriously aren’t around anymore? Don’t know.

RIP City of Heroes

So the patch is coming

Posted by: CorrynnStarr.7942

CorrynnStarr.7942

Agree, been trying to figure out if there is a pattern to the guild mission issues, be it the rush chests and the PVP missions rewarding even when failing. At least the not having people in the team and winning issue made since once that was determined. You know, didn’t test to see if the people not getting the reward for the rushes were not linked into any defined teams, shouldn’t be related since teams should be just needed for PvP, but just thought of that one. Will need to check that pattern tonight.

The only info I can provide is, on rush, the shar feature doesnt work. You used to be able to activate your guild rush mission after another larger guild had theirs activated, and if you were able to successfully run the rush to the end, you would get guild credit for it. It seems now you have to wait and activate them seperately as only the current active guild mission for the map, receives completion credit(but other guilds people going thru the Rush while your is active still counts towards your 15 needed to complete the rush). Hope that helps you guys.

I did notice on our last run, selfishness has begun to set in reguarding it. We activated ours, and another larger guild just sat and watched, didnt bother to help clear or run anways. we were still successful as we had enough members to complete it solo, but it used to be that all people in the area would generally run people thru cuz it counted for their mission in the past… Now that its seperate, I guess people just want to sit and do nothing for 15 minutes instead of being active and helpful.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Funny, I had fun there last night. And the night before. Now maybe that’s because all the players who took WvW super seriously aren’t around anymore? Don’t know.

WvW DBL was dead again last night. EBG queue was too long. So yep, such a great experience again.
And those auto upgrades…

VoxL, NSPPT

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Did they fix the map completion rewards in HoT? Has anyone confirmed this?

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Stitch.1794

Stitch.1794

I can’t confirm HoT, but I got Silverwastes, Southsun, & Dry Top completion rewards after the patch, so looks promising.

So the patch is coming

Behellagh.1468

WvW DBL was dead again last night. EBG queue was too long. So yep, such a great experience again.
And those auto upgrades…

No this was on the new borderland maps. So much fun.

RIP City of Heroes

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Diarch.7491

Diarch.7491

What was the total size of that patch, if anyone knows?

Trying to determine if I can actually play GW2 on a hotspot in the future or not. I know Anet is pretty big on updates.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Menadena.7482

Menadena.7482

pleasepleaseplease fix central tyria mastery points! A lot of people are complaining about them!

I wish the patch will also fix the problem of not always telling you about the progress in an event or even WHAT event you are doing.

[I just noticed there is another thread, one or the other will most likely get merged]

Ouch! Neither of my hopes were in the release notes. Those 2 are not something minor either. A lot of us not getting needed (and earned) MPs prevents us from getting our masteries. Not knowing how an event is progressing, or even if you are in it (unless you are standing in the right spot or whatever) is just cruel.

I also see they gave us the new squad UI without fixing the problem that you can not be in a squad and party at the same time.

“Hey people that I am working with! Disband your party and join my kool squad since I need my tag to organize things” Yes, that will go over well. If I am reading it right it will also impact non-commanders used to using both as well.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

You misunderstand what patch day is.. its the start of a new patch loop cycle.. ..
One patch to update it all
Another patch to fix it
A few more patches should surely be enough
Then in the darkness.. switch off and go watch tv cos by now the bugs are increasing faster than they can get re-patched

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

I can’t confirm HoT, but I got Silverwastes, Southsun, & Dry Top completion rewards after the patch, so looks promising.

Yes, going into the zone I got these 3 too

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

I can confirm this, I just went to my last vista in VB on my Daredevil and got my Thief cache.

I had not yet completed any HoT maps on him because I was waiting for this fix, so I can’t say that the chest auto-rewards on zone in, but I definitely got mine for completion.

So the patch is coming

SkyShroud.2865

apparently, the squad UI which bug out during the beta is still having similar but less severe bug now.

i wonder if they fixed the guild puzzle reward bug since it was not mentioned
they also changed how the trek rewarded, i wonder if people standing around the glow will still receive the credits or not

overall, they managed to fix quite a number of bugs. lets hope they continue fixing the remaining bugs

Henge of Denravi Server
www.gw2time.com

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Lethalvriend.1723

Lethalvriend.1723

I received map completion chests for Southsun, Dry Top, Silverwastes, Tangled Depths and Verdant Brink on my warrior. All I had to do was log in (I was in Rata Sum). So it appears they have fixed this issue.

So the patch is coming

Posted by: Grim West.3194

Grim West.3194

Lol. Your PvDoor escapades don’t interest me. You are obviously full of it. WvW is a pale shadow of what it use to be and the new maps are EMPTY ON ALL TIERS at all times.

HoT destroyed WvW, everyone who isnt’ a irrational fanboi knows that.

So the patch is coming

Behellagh.1468

Lol. Your PvDoor escapades don’t interest me. You are obviously full of it. WvW is a pale shadow of what it use to be and the new maps are EMPTY ON ALL TIERS at all times.

HoT destroyed WvW, everyone who isnt’ a irrational fanboi knows that.

Me and a couple of others ran in our Tier 1 server borderlands map capturing shines and supply depots for an hour. Other capture announcements popped up every few minutes. Problem is the map is so huge and vertical that you can’t spot players from the other factions and it takes so long to get there when you see something taken that those who took it moved on. So lots of trades but few head to head clashes.

RIP City of Heroes