So tired of developers releasing MMORPGs without basic features that have become staple to the genre.

So tired of developers releasing MMORPGs without basic features that have become staple to the genre.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Joshua.9346

Joshua.9346

GW2 needs to get their kitten together quick fast and in a hurry.

You’d think they’d have learned from EA releasing TOR without a basic dungeon/group queuing tool, custom and ranked PvP with ladders, and basic optimization, but I guess not.

Also, why do you not get XP credit for supporting when it is a legitimate role that contributes to the fight as well? Part of the reason why DEs are just zergfests.

Don’t they realize that every other “big game” release is competing to be the next big thing in eSports? If you want to compete with LoL and SC2 you need to include custom game lobbies, you need to include a cohensive ladder and ranking system, you need to make sure your traits and skills are all working at the very basic level (not to say that it has to be bug free, but they all must atleast work), and you need to do it from release, because you are competing with LoL 2012, not LoL beta or SC2 fresh out release.

The first Guild Wars better at release than this, so why the step back?

Posted by: Chorel.1720

Chorel.1720

Are you just posting this on every GW2 forum you can find?

Posted by: Seigrain.1756

Seigrain.1756

Also, why do you not get XP credit for supporting when it is a legitimate role that contributes to the fight as well?

This is a really good point.

Respect your haters. They’re the only ones who think you’re better than them.

Posted by: Sin.8174

Sin.8174

Support XP would be nice, Ladders are great.. but no thanks on the ’lfg’ queue system. If it was STRICTLY for your own server, perhaps.. but anything else is horrid.

Orphyn X – 8X Thief – Tarnished Coast
Lady Raevyn – 11 Necromancer – TC
Fanboy- The New Godwin’s Law.

Posted by: Corvindi.5734

Corvindi.5734

Agree with all of the above. No dungeon finder is just lame. Not being able to get credit as support is lame, too.

“…we don’t expect you to be forced into dungeons at endgame.”

~ArenaNet

Posted by: Untouch.2541

Untouch.2541

The game has a group finder, it’s just really awful.
They’ve posted about it already.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-Finder-Sorely-Needed/first

Posted by: veritech.1048

veritech.1048

By “staple to the genre” do you mean “it’s in WoW, so it must be in everything else”?

Because if so, you are sorely mistaken. The dungeon finders in WoW also killed any form of community that game had.

Posted by: McKnighter.6472

McKnighter.6472

I agree with getting assists with supporting. Just one support skill or two should reward players with the same xp as attacking.

(Baroness) Noria Dolance, Human Mesmer
Tandrel, Sylvari Guardian

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

Dungeon finders are pretty much crap and help destroy any community a game has.

Ladder PvP is just a big sausage-swinging fest that we can all do without.

You’re right about xp for support though.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Thas is a lie. Destroy the game not having a good grouping system. Stay in the dungeon spaming LFG LFG is not social at all. This game doesn’t need the exact Dungeon Finder of Wow, but actual system is just uselles. They need to implement Channels ServerWide for each dungeon, and problem solved.

• Instant teleport to the dungeon? NO
  • Instant party create? NO
  • Any way to look for people without spam LFG LFG ? YES. In the only thing we need.
For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Feycat.4370

Feycat.4370

Thas is a lie. Destroy the game not having a good grouping system. Stay in the dungeon spaming LFG LFG is not social at all. This game doesn’t need the exact Dungeon Finder of Wow, but actual system is just uselles. They need to implement Channels ServerWide for each dungeon, and problem solved.

• Any way to look for people without spam LFG LFG ? YES. In the only thing we need.

Maybe you need to brush up on your english, but calling someone a liar because they disagree with you? Unnecessary.

Additionally, you essentially said nothing that actually disagreed with me. YOU clearly don’t want a “dungeon finder” either, you want a global LFG channel, which I am definitely on board with.

Game enjoyment increases as time spent on the forums decreases.

Posted by: marianitten.1247

marianitten.1247

Maybe you need to brush up on your english, but calling someone a liar because they disagree with you? Unnecessary.

Additionally, you essentially said nothing that actually disagreed with me. YOU clearly don’t want a “dungeon finder” either, you want a global LFG channel, which I am definitely on board with.

“Dungeon finders are pretty much crap and help destroy any community a game has.”

That’s is simpy not true… my english is pretty bad, but i understand the concept of “THIS IS TRUE” and “in my opinion” …

For Those About to Zerg (We Salute You)

Posted by: Nageth.5648

Nageth.5648

Frankly, I think if they add something similar to the WoW meeting stone (remember when WoW had the city LFG channel?) but without the auto group making feature. Essentially, a better interface for the LFG flagging we have now (which no one uses).

Posted by: Kailthir.6384

Kailthir.6384

“Dungeon finders are pretty much crap and help destroy any community a game has.”

That’s is simpy not true… my english is pretty bad, but i understand the concept of “THIS IS TRUE” and “in my opinion” …

Well thatis the rub isn’t it? All if it… It’s just a personal opinion. Every post is personal opinion

Posted by: Hickeroar.9734

Hickeroar.9734

Dungeon queuing features are a relatively new addition to MMOs. I totally understand why GW2 didn’t implement that. I think something like that will inevitably come, but we just might have to wait a little while.

I do wish, if nothing else, that there was a server wide “lf dungeon group” listing so players could self organize groups from anywyere. WoWs original raid finder worked like that. You just list yourself and the raids you wanted to run, and players who were forming groups could PM you.

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Did I get old…er?

What is an eSport? Isn’t that like Madden (insert current year) (insert sport)? How does GW2 compete with that?

Posted by: Vlaxitov.5693

Vlaxitov.5693

Was always just a matter of time before the “I wan’t a CoD lobby game” crowd came out tears blazing.

Posted by: Archer.6485

Archer.6485

eSport features are not core mmo features. I don’t think there even is a real mmo eSport.

Dungeon finder is not a core mmo feature either.

I agree with the support XP. With enough friendly reminders I’m sure Anet will implement it sooner or later.

I’m not sure where becoming an eSport stands on their list of priorities. I’m sure they’d like to make it an eSport but they’re probably more concerned with making it the best possible game to just play outside of esports first.

Posted by: shaedence.3517

shaedence.3517

The first Guild Wars better at release than this, so why the step back?

Funny. Last time I checked, GW1 is still around. Why you no play it?!

Posted by: skaaz.4281

skaaz.4281

The current LFG tool is really bad. It only works for the zone your in, and it flags you for a generic LFG, not what your interested in doing etc.etc.

Until then I suggest heading to LA and stand around and enjoy /map chat. Get to know your community.

There is also this.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/dungeons/Dungeon-guild-for-organising-crossserver-runs/first#post212342

or

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/community/links/New-way-to-find-dungeon-groups-http-guildwars2-lfg-com-BETA/first#post174571

Member of Cradle Guard

(edited by skaaz.4281)

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

I posted this in another thread a while back, but I’ll reiterate here: Dungeons are hard, and because of this, an LFG tool along the lines of other MMO’s is very likely to put you in a group of people that really know know how to play the game well enough to make a dungeon run go smoothly. I think if such a tool were implemented, it should be done as such with a constant reminder that your dungeon run is likely to go a lot less smoothly than playing with a team of good players that you’re used to playing with.

I definitely agree with the idea of giving experience and event participation for doing support. Control should give you participation as well, though afaik, it already does.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: DaedalusDragon.3754

DaedalusDragon.3754

To be fair, a lot of games have dungeon finders. I think it would be a great addition. If you want a great community and to form bonds with people then go ahead and make the effort. Why should overall dungeoning be hard to start just so people can claim it is some form of socializing? Talk when you get into the dungeon or go in with friends. Right now the dungeons are at the point that you almost can’t do them unless you are in a guild and a LFG system would make it much better.

I’m honestly confused how people see this as hurting the community. Can someone try to enlighten me?

And one more thing, support experience is not necessary. Just giving out support exp shows an interest in the “holy trinity” because as it is every class can attack and heal and support. If you aren’t getting enough experience then try tagging enemies. I doubt that you have enough skills to constantly support other players without doing damage as I have a level 80 elementalist and even with twice the skills I’m always doing damage on the side. Of course, that is the one thing that elementalists are good at; tagging enemies for experience. If they gave support experience it would force people to run support/damage hybrid builds just to keep up with experience because without it they will just level slower. This is one point you won’t change my mind on. In other games it is a great addition but in this one, where you can take on any role you want to, it only pigeonholes builds.

(edited by Moderator)

Posted by: gurugeorge.9857

gurugeorge.9857

LFG tools are good. The game has one but it’s stupidly primitive.

But automated LFG tools are the very devil.

Posted by: Treize.7026

Treize.7026

Since I can’t Quote:
DaedalusDragon: And one more thing, support experience is not necessary. Just giving out support exp shows an interest in the “holy trinity” because as it is every class can attack and heal and support. If you aren’t getting enough experience then try tagging enemies.

I assume that what the OP meant was that in DEs you get absolutely nothing for adding your support abilities to the mix. Nothing. If I ran around just reviving people, and nothing else, I’d get nothing from an event, yet if this job isn’t done, often times the more difficult DEs (e.g. Jormag, Grenth) will fail miserably.

Ergo, it’s more worthwhile for me to just mindlessly spam DPS on as many things as I can and hope that there are enough people out there willing to lose contribution to rez people.

That said, I DO rez people, but as a Mesmer, I need to give way more priority to hitting stuff than helping others, as I don’t have reliable AE (my AE attacks can be killed). I’ve rated silver on Jormag for having the audacity to scoop people up. I revived about 20-30+ people in one event and end up ranking lower than the ranger who just hits auto-attack and goes afk. If you don’t see a problem with this, I’m not sure what to say.

As for the OP’s eSport thing… please. I don’t mind them adding this, as long as we can separate these guys out into a different server or at least a separate instance from the Mists so we don’t get hit by their swinging cods in the process.

The whole concept is basically a bunch of gamers who think what they do is so skillful and amazing that it somehow classifies as a “sport”, and will insist on telling you as much whenever possible. It’s basically the same as sports albeit without the athleticism or sportsmanship.

Posted by: Fish.4567

Fish.4567

I would also like to see support as a viable role.
as of right now, there really isn’t any reason to support unless you’re in dungeon…. even then, u’ll still need to deal damage in order to receive credit for the fight.

that is really lame.

Posted by: JoxerNL.3752

JoxerNL.3752

look at OP’s posting history, yet another wow-troll.