So tired of fractals ...

So tired of fractals ...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Lev 5 and already tired of waiting for a group then doing the same dungeons over and over and over etc …
I’d like to go explore but i know that if i don’t do this now it will be much harder to find groups in the future and as i know Agony will be part of all future content it will be needed…
I juat wish they released the items with more ways to get other than gring for hours in the same dungeon.. :-(
Not happy

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Valtameri.2075

Valtameri.2075

Got any link for source where it says that Agony will be part of all future content?
If that is so, which i find little hard to believe, then i gotta jump on this exodus ship and leave game too.

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Budchgon.2108

Budchgon.2108

Don’t get me wrong, i do see the need to advance with gear/stats to stop the game getting stale but i just wished they had rolled out more than ONE single place to get the new gear.
I know they said there will be other places in the future but when? 6 months time? 3 months?

I also worry that the (other places in future) will be for other items such as weapons/armor – meaning for rings/backslots it will still be down to rinning endless fractals.
Hope i am wrong as fractals were fun but bored of running all the time.

Lyssia Iceblood of Gandara – I sometimes win… but not often :-(

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: someoneinatree.9104

someoneinatree.9104

Here’s a suggestion: stop running them all the time and you won’t get bored.

SoS: [RED] Crimson Mind

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: tkalamba.2541

tkalamba.2541

Got any link for source where it says that Agony will be part of all future content?
If that is so, which i find little hard to believe, then i gotta jump on this exodus ship and leave game too.

I think its people completely misinterpreting dev posts about it. They did say Agony will be in SOME future content ie… additional fractals vs the 9 we already have. They did NOT say it would be ALL new content. Just like how it wasn’t part of Lost Shores, but only the dungeon itself.

Lord Lefteris – Engineer [Sanctum of Rall]

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I’m just afraid that since I’m not running Fractals yet, by the time I do nobody will want to run lvl 1 since they’re all at 10 or 20…

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: someoneinatree.9104

someoneinatree.9104

Those of us who just play for pleasure (and avoid endlessly repeating the same content) will still do level one with anyone new to it. I know I am always more than happy to repeat content with my guildies and the occasional new player when they need the help.

SoS: [RED] Crimson Mind

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Hobocop.1508

Hobocop.1508

I end up repeating lower level fractals pretty consistently even though I’m up to level 18. I get groups faster, and it’s more entertaining than sitting around with my thumb up my kitten doing nothing.

The minor reduction in token gain doesn’t really concern me. There’s no pressing need for this ascended gear, and I’m much too far away from my legendary rifle at this point to really mind not having the obsidian shards RIGHT NOW.

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

I end up repeating lower level fractals pretty consistently even though I’m up to level 18. I get groups faster, and it’s more entertaining than sitting around with my thumb up my kitten doing nothing.

The minor reduction in token gain doesn’t really concern me. There’s no pressing need for this ascended gear, and I’m much too far away from my legendary rifle at this point to really mind not having the obsidian shards RIGHT NOW.

I’m in the same boat, although I’m at level 6. I’ve redone levels 1-5 so many times just because I couldn’t be bothered to wait for more people at my level, and figured I’d get some of my guildies up to speed.

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

I was invited to a fractal 1 time and was reminded of why i became the type of player I am today and why I loved the pre-Nov 16th release of this game in a single run.

We got the one where the Charr are attacking the humans and we needed to Zerg (at least according to the people i was with) the veteran shooting 2 arrow machines AND attacking us hand to hand while being almost impossible to damage since they had a push back, mages with interrupts, and a constant continuous barrage of arrows.

Died about five times before other members of my team decided to give up. I was relieved they did since it was ridiculous trying to do that over and over. I’m so glad I decided to swear off dungeons because that’s not a challenge that’s just redundancy in an instance format.

Open world events all the way for me. The rest of you can keep your dungeons.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Dzoni.1082

Dzoni.1082

Lev 5 and already tired of waiting for a group then doing the same dungeons over and over and over etc …
I’d like to go explore but i know that if i don’t do this now it will be much harder to find groups in the future and as i know Agony will be part of all future content it will be needed…
I juat wish they released the items with more ways to get other than gring for hours in the same dungeon.. :-(
Not happy

Its the nature of the “Hamster wheel” gear progression. And yes, future content will consist of “new fractal parts” so, yea you will be needed agony.
As for not running FotM all the time, if you take a break you will fall of the train. I entered today after a week and i couldnt find anyone doing level 1-6 anymore, so i failed to find group. So yea, welcome to new and future content, as demanded from “Guild Wars 2 players”.

Sad but true

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

Not happy

Its the nature of the “Hamster wheel” gear progression. And yes, future content will consist of “new fractal parts” so, yea you will be needed agony.
As for not running FotM all the time, if you take a break you will fall of the train. I entered today after a week and i couldnt find anyone doing level 1-6 anymore, so i failed to find group. So yea, welcome to new and future content, as demanded from “Guild Wars 2 players”.

Sad but true

Not all new content is going to be utilizing Agony. The dungeon has been very obviously designed around adding new fractals, which will use agony, new world zones, and whatnot will not use agony. You only fall off the train if you want to run the fractals. Anything else, Ascended doesn’t mean anything. Even the stats increase, its so small, you don’t even notice a difference.

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

I was invited to a fractal 1 time and was reminded of why i became the type of player I am today and why I loved the pre-Nov 16th release of this game in a single run.

We got the one where the Charr are attacking the humans and we needed to Zerg (at least according to the people i was with) the veteran shooting 2 arrow machines AND attacking us hand to hand while being almost impossible to damage since they had a push back, mages with interrupts, and a constant continuous barrage of arrows.

Died about five times before other members of my team decided to give up. I was relieved they did since it was ridiculous trying to do that over and over. I’m so glad I decided to swear off dungeons because that’s not a challenge that’s just redundancy in an instance format.

Open world events all the way for me. The rest of you can keep your dungeons.

People as a whole do not understand how to properly do that first part. From what I’ve seen, it;s much easier if you progress slowly, and work with the Charr NPCs to make it to Dulfy. You can thin out the enemies to the point where the 4 siege placements will focus on your friendly NPC’s and you can take out the boss. The firemages will help with attacking from range.

What you ran into is people just not understanding how to actually progress in that fractal.

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Not happy

Sad but true

Not all new content is going to be utilizing Agony. The dungeon has been very obviously designed around adding new fractals, which will use agony, new world zones, and whatnot will not use agony. You only fall off the train if you want to run the fractals. Anything else, Ascended doesn’t mean anything. Even the stats increase, its so small, you don’t even notice a difference.

Now that they added infusions I am sure that they will come up with all sorts of stupid little conditions the we will need the gear for. I sure do miss the vanilla GW2 when all I had to do was get the gear that I thought looked cool , it was a good couple of months I guess.

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

Not happy

Sad but true

Now that they added infusions I am sure that they will come up with all sorts of stupid little conditions the we will need the gear for. I sure do miss the vanilla GW2 when all I had to do was get the gear that I thought looked cool , it was a good couple of months I guess.

Sure, they can come up with a bunch of new conditions… to use in the fractal dungeons. There’s so many other factors to this game where it won’t matter.

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Dzoni.1082

Dzoni.1082

Not happy

Sad but true

Agree with this… Why they couldnt add another Story/Explorable mod dungeon like the Vanilla ones, just with new exotic sets? It is slim chance that it will happen in future, especially with ascended gear. Plus they announced “new fractal coming in future updates” :P

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

Not happy

Sad but true

Agree with this… Why they couldnt add another Story/Explorable mod dungeon like the Vanilla ones, just with new exotic sets? It is slim chance that it will happen in future, especially with ascended gear. Plus they announced “new fractal coming in future updates” :P

They are adding options, more dungeons will come, same with more personal story quests. They will just add more fractals into the existing dungeon… that’s all that says. We have 9 now, add another 3. Plus a full dungeon, it’s not unrealistic…

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Luckily, we’ll know more after the reddit AMA. Luckily, why? Because your optimism is just as unfounded in knowledge of actual facts as the doom and gloom sayers’ pessimism.

So far, pessimism led to the correct answers more often than optimism. “Wait and see”, for many, meant that after waiting, what they saw was their worst nightmare come true. Those who had descided that they’d rather protest than wait and see found that protest (or feedbacl of any kind) was summarily ignored.

However, that does not mean that pessimism will continue to lead to correct predictions for the future of GW2. What the past has taught us is, that the players have zero influence about the short- and possibly mid-term development of GW2. So we may indeed “wait and see” and conserve our energies to finding exit strategies should things become worse.

So tired of fractals ...

Kromica.2831

Not happy

Sad but true

Sure, they can come up with a bunch of new conditions… to use in the fractal dungeons. There’s so many other factors to this game where it won’t matter.

They can add the conditions any where they feel like.

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

Not happy

Sad but true

But what makes you think they will add them everywhere aside from some limited spaces? So far, the only thing they;ve done is add it into a completely optional dungeon.

So tired of fractals ...

Kromica.2831

Not happy

Sad but true

But what makes you think they will add them everywhere aside from some limited spaces? So far, the only thing they;ve done is add it into a completely optional dungeon.

So far all they have done is completely change what they said that GW2 would be.

Before the patch you could do everything in the game with any gear, now you are required to grind if you want to see everything just like every other kitteny mmo that has been released in the last 10 years.

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

Not happy

Sad but true

So far all they have done is completely change what they said that GW2 would be.

Before the patch you could do everything in the game with any gear, now you are required to grind if you want to see everything just like every other kitteny mmo that has been released in the last 10 years.

You can still do 100% of the content right now, without Ascended… you can even encounter Agony, from fractal level 10-20 and still survive easily without it.

I fail to see where it’s a requirement, you aren’t missing out on a single thing…. and you can remain competitive in all modes where it matters (sPVP and WvW)

Please, tell me, what will I be missing out on without Ascended gear?

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Lewis Burnell.2493

Lewis Burnell.2493

I’m just afraid that since I’m not running Fractals yet, by the time I do nobody will want to run lvl 1 since they’re all at 10 or 20…

I spent 3 hours yesterday looking for level 1 fractal groups in Lion’s Arch on my Engineer, never got a single one.

So tired of fractals ...

Kromica.2831

Not happy

Sad but true

You can still do 100% of the content right now, without Ascended… you can even encounter Agony, from fractal level 10-20 and still survive easily without it.

I fail to see where it’s a requirement, you aren’t missing out on a single thing…. and you can remain competitive in all modes where it matters (sPVP and WvW)

SPvP and WvW don’t matter to me.

The fractals are fun, they are so much better than all the other easy dungeons in the game but having to do level 10 and 20 everyday hoping we get lucky and get a specific drop (just like in every other mmo and something A-net said they hated themselves) we can not continue into higher levels of fractals and we can not continue enjoying the game.

They said they will offer more ways of getting Ascended gear, well going off what it takes to craft just the back pieces it will take a whole lot of grinding ( something else A-net said they hate) just to get them or craft them. All they have done is added in a huge grind that no one wanted and made up a story about some gap between exos and legendary weapons.

(edited by Kromica.2831)

So tired of fractals ...

tkalamba.2541

Not happy

Sad but true

The fractals are fun, they are so much better than all the other easy dungeons in the game but having to do level 10 and 20 everyday hoping we get lucky and get a specific drop (just like in every other mmo and something A-net said they hated themselves) we can not continue into higher levels of fractals and we can not continue enjoying the game.

So now, the problem isn’t the gear, but your willingness to only run a single aspect of a game that offers so many other options.

It is no longer an issue of anything else, but you choosing to run the same thing over and over again. You say you enjoy the fractals, but complain you are against doing the same thing everyday for a drop…. The fractals don’t change past 20 aside from how often you encounter the agony… so it’s still going to be the same thing over and over again…. Technically, you are imposing all the issues on yourself, the reason you see it as being as every other MMO is because you choose to experience the one piece of content that is specifically designed to be just that…. there are other parts of this game that are nothing like other MMO’s. Anet always stated this game would provide options for everyone.

Sounds like really, your only complaint is RNG… which is a valid complaint, but an entirely separate issue. Take a break for a bit, try something else in the game, and go back to fractals later, you’ll eventually get that ring you want, or enough fractal relics for the backpiece.

So tired of fractals ...

Kromica.2831

Not happy

Sad but true

So now, the problem isn’t the gear, but your willingness to only run a single aspect of a game that offers so many other options.

It is no longer an issue of anything else, but you choosing to run the same thing over and over again. You say you enjoy the fractals, but complain you are against doing the same thing everyday for a drop…. The fractals don’t change past 20 aside from how often you encounter the agony… so it’s still going to be the same thing over and over again…. Technically, you are imposing all the issues on yourself, the reason you see it as being as every other MMO is because you choose to experience the one piece of content that is specifically designed to be just that…. there are other parts of this game that are nothing like other MMO’s. Anet always stated this game would provide options for everyone.

Sounds like really, your only complaint is RNG… which is a valid complaint, but an entirely separate issue. Take a break for a bit, try something else in the game, and go back to fractals later, you’ll eventually get that ring you want, or enough fractal relics for the backpiece.

I have seen every aspect of the game. I have over 800hrs played, the game was fine before they added a stat grind all they had to do was add skins like they always stated would be the case, and with this I am done posting in this thread because you are just failing to see any other point of view but your own.

So tired of fractals ...

Posted by: Moderator.6837

Moderator.6837

Hello,

There are already several threads about the concern you have pointed out, therefore this one is now closed.

Please remember to use the search feature before creating new threads.

Thank you.

(edited by Moderator.6837)