So we can't complete "The cost of victory"?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

ArenaNet Removed that sequence of the quest a while back, but the achievement of this cost remained. Since the quest is gone but the achievement still exists, it just stands there haunting me not completed.

It’s been months, is this ever gonna be fixed?

Either remove the achievement/Auto complete it/bring back the quest.

Anything!

Posted by: Mojo Gris Gris.5941

Mojo Gris Gris.5941

I thought they put the story step back recently when they fixed the PS. If you passed it on one character before it returned, you may have to do it on another one to get the achievement.

Posted by: Scratcherclaw.2713

Scratcherclaw.2713

Yeah, they reinstated the old story steps relating to Greatest Fear back in July. I got that achievement last month or so too, so you can definitely get it again.

Edit: You can read more about the update here: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Personal-Story-Restoration-update/first

(edited by Scratcherclaw.2713)

Posted by: DaniTheHero.6318

DaniTheHero.6318

So i need to get a new character to level 60 and finish the the questline again..? Sigh. Well atleast i can get it somehow.

Posted by: Eponet.4829

Eponet.4829

I’m glad that I waited 6 months for them to fix it. In two years or so I’ll be able to move on from Season 1.

Posted by: Entrea Sumatae.7830

Entrea Sumatae.7830

So i need to get a new character to level 60 and finish the the questline again..? Sigh. Well atleast i can get it somehow.

Not necessarily. You can likely use an older character who hadn’t yet completed A Light in the Darkness when the patch hit. The date a character was created doesn’t matter for whether or not they can play through Greatest Fear, only what story step they were at when the story was fixed.