So what is your excuse this time?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Arkham Creed.7358

Arkham Creed.7358

Another day, another patch. This one being all about reworking legendary weapons and adding ascended ones. And yet, so many months after Colin said they were aware of the problem yet not focusing on cosmetic issues at all (BS), there has still been no fix for engineers.

Arena Net, I am officially disappointed. If you don’t care, just freaking say so already so we can all re-roll and move on.

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

What’s the problem with Engineers? If its a balance problem, thats all over the game and frankly isn’t something they can just flick a switch and fix.

Posted by: Um Abbas.5693

Um Abbas.5693

Legendaries aren’t visible in kits.
No glow, no footfalls, no effects except grenade barrage if you’re specced 30 points in power with appropriate grenade trait.

Midget Gadget * Branch of Wood
Aurora Glade ~ Army of Forgotten Souls miniguild [AoFS]
http://umabbas.net/

Arkham Creed.7358

No glow, no footfalls, no effects except grenade barrage if you’re specced 30 points in power with appropriate grenade trait.

Beyond that the mere existence of kits and our dependency on them means there really is no reason to go for any weapon skin of any quality at all. Ever. Not a legendary, not an exotic, nothing. And with “end game” being all about cosmetic rewards, we engineers have been stuck with basically no rewards for……a year.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Aside from legendaries there’s still multiple issues with build diversity and with dps, it still takes three times as long on my engi to kill anything as it does on any other class. They fix all the bugs they want until the rework the damage ratios in PVE it’s still a problem for alot of people.

One of my friends stopped playing entirely because the only class he likes in the engineer and he noticed the ratios change dramatically right around level 50 where it suddenly becomes a chore to kill anything.

The legendary thing isn’t the only problem with kits and their backpacks, the whole backpack thing is messed up. We shouldn’t have them save for the cosmetic ones we add ourselves, there should be no backpack option easily.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Castaliea.3156

Castaliea.3156

Another day, another patch. This one being all about reworking legendary weapons and adding ascended ones. And yet, so many months after Colin said they were aware of the problem yet not focusing on cosmetic issues at all (BS), there has still been no fix for engineers.

Arena Net, I am officially disappointed. If you don’t care, just freaking say so already so we can all re-roll and move on.

You’re just figuring out this new version of ANet doesn’t give a kitten about you? Ouch.

Guild Leader
Sempai Said I Was A [QTpi]
Apply @ | http://sempaisaid.enjin.com |

Posted by: Fungalfoot.7213

Fungalfoot.7213

If you’re not a warrior, guardian or mesmer you do not matter. Simple as that.

Um Abbas.5693

Beyond that the mere existence of kits and our dependency on them means there really is no reason to go for any weapon skin of any quality at all. Ever. Not a legendary, not an exotic, nothing. And with “end game” being all about cosmetic rewards, we engineers have been stuck with basically no rewards for……a year.

Dude, I feel you, I use FT most of the time and have Quip.
I was just shortly stating the fact to anyone who didn’t know.

But hey, out of kit in town, at least now my footfall is more visible

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

This patch is all about “We added three new minis -, -, Super Banana” That is all.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

In a game where skins are everything at the end game, Engies use kits most of the time. And these kits hide any legendary skins you may be using, nullifies any effects from said legendary, and hides any sweet back piece you may be wearing with a so called hobo-sack.

The reason a lot of you don’t know about these issues is because these threads keep getting moved and buried in the Engineer forum.

Posted by: Blix.8021

Blix.8021

Aside from legendaries there’s still multiple issues with build diversity and with dps, it still takes three times as long on my engi to kill anything as it does on any other class. They fix all the bugs they want until the rework the damage ratios in PVE it’s still a problem for alot of people.

One of my friends stopped playing entirely because the only class he likes in the engineer and he noticed the ratios change dramatically right around level 50 where it suddenly becomes a chore to kill anything.

The legendary thing isn’t the only problem with kits and their backpacks, the whole backpack thing is messed up. We shouldn’t have them save for the cosmetic ones we add ourselves, there should be no backpack option easily.

if it takes your engi 3 times as long to kill something as another class, you are doing something very wrong

Um Abbas.5693

if it takes your engi 3 times as long to kill something as another class, you are doing something very wrong

Question would be, if he’s 80.
Because there is a level bracket, for me it was 60-80, in which engi becomes increasingly frustrating to level compared to other classes .
I’ve leveled alongside my husbands warrior and it was one of the most frustrating experiences ever.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

Funny you should mention that, I logged in after the patch discovered that the runes of traveler had the run speed on it and that gave me the number of points I needed to have the faster run speed AND all of the dps points I needed to make it so much easier to play now. Before 10 of my points always had to be in that confounded run speed boost because we lack the run speed bonus of our sister adventurer classes. That’s no longer the case now with this change.

Somethings did change however there’s still the problem of the condition damage nerfs lingering there. I’d hoped they’d fixed all of the trouble by now. Before I had switched to the toolbelt lightning pistol combo for quick damage bursts and it took forever to kill anything still does. Now I’m using the bombs and mines build with FT thrown in for some extra AOE travelers runes and a precision set seems to be working almost as well as the game did originally, almost.

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

(edited by tigirius.9014)

Arkham Creed.7358

Not really; engineers are very poorly balanced for damage roles.

Arkham Creed.7358

I’d still like a developer response to this. Colin himself said they were aware of this issue months ago, and everything he said was a higher priority has already been added to the game. So what is his excuse now?

Posted by: Sitael.4680

Sitael.4680

You right, with a very very tiny exception. If you have The Predator your standard grenades (F1) are now little spakling fireballs if you throw them.

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

They are adding Legendary trinkets in the future that will offer unique auras. That way, it won’t matter if your weapon doesn’t show.

Colin at pax 2013.

http://youtu.be/Jy7CcwnfUdU?t=12m13s

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Posted by: digiowl.9620

digiowl.9620

You right, with a very very tiny exception. If you have The Predator your standard grenades (F1) are now little spakling fireballs if you throw them.

Do wonder if this is a indication how ANet wants PVE engineers to be played…

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

As an engineer main, I can tell you that the analogy of Engineers as such.

Imagine a couple have a child, and they talk about how that child will be different from the rest in the community. They don’t necessarily talk about how the child will be different, but they act in a manner that shows they’re treating this child as though its more special than the others they have.

Finally, when the child is born, they put it in an orphanage and never bother with it again.

Engineers are to ANet what that child was to it’s parents. QQ.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

I like the flamethrower the engineers have way more then any legendary in the game…

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

Why is that even supposed something to be fixed? You put your weapon away and wield another item. Why should it aquire traits of the legendary? Seems reasonable the way it is to me. And before you jump to conclusions: My main is an engineer since the game started.

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

Why is that even supposed something to be fixed? You put your weapon away and wield another item. Why should it aquire traits of the legendary? Seems reasonable the way it is to me. And before you jump to conclusions: My main is an engineer since the game started.

Because what’s the point of a legendary when you can’t even see any of its effects? Toolkits are key in the engineer’s design. It’s as important as Mesmer clones, or Necromancer minions. But the difference is neither of those prevent you from enjoying the effects of your hard earner legendary. In the case of an engineer, you can’t enjoy the cosmetic beauty of your legendary if your gameplay requires you to use grenades. And in a game revolving around cosmetics and visuals. that seems pretty contradictory to the point of the end game weapons.

I ? Karkas.

Posted by: Mad Rasputin.7809

Mad Rasputin.7809

Valid point. But why hasn’t ANet addressed this issue? If you switch weapons on another character, you lose all effects and traits of your legendary. So why not the same when Engie’s switch to kits?

Since kits are Engie’s ‘other’ weapon set, how about some legendary kits then. That really shouldn’t be that hard to implement. If I switch to the flamethrower kit and have a legendary flamethrower that has it’s own special look/effects.

Hobo-sacks. There is no reason for them in PvE. There is an ‘excuse’ to have them in PvP that I really don’t buy, but that is arguable. You can at least make it so that hobo-sacks can be turned off in PvE so some of the nice back pieces can be displayed.

For a game all about the cosmetics, Engies sure don’t have much choices. How can this not be seen as a problem?