So what next when luck is maxed?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Have No Faith In Me.1840

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Do we continue to get ‘Essence of Luck’ from daily/monthly instead of karma? Once Luck is maxed do we just continue to get another useless item that can’t be traded or forged or sold or anything else useful?

There should be an option on the daily and monthly, to either accept karma or magic find as the reward.

No mine is not maxed, that would be insane. I’m on 103%. Just thinking about the future…

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

when luck is maxed, maybe they will increase the cap to make it even higher.

Posted by: TehPwnerer.7215

TehPwnerer.7215

Good question. It would suck getting useless items that can’t be sold, used, or traded in any fashion EVERY day and month.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

maybe there will be a mystic forge recipe that lets us turn them into temporary magic find buffs which gives us magic find over 300%

Posted by: Chickenshoes.6250

Chickenshoes.6250

crafting material

Have No Faith In Me.1840

crafting material

No. That’s only to upgrade them so they are more easily consumed.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

crafting material

No. That’s only to upgrade them so they are more easily consumed.

how to upgrade them btw

Have No Faith In Me.1840

I’m not entirely sure but I think any level artificer has a transmogrify recipe to do it, haven’t looked at it myself yet.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hnnnnggh my poor mouse.

the damage is already done.

Posted by: Paulytnz.7619

Paulytnz.7619

Unless there are already recipes or other uses in play for them I think the answer is rather simple – stop salvaging blues/greens and TP them if the price is better than vendoring. Anet said they wanted the prices of blues/greens to rise on the TP and this was all part of that.

Since when did this business of being a hero become being a business?

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Unless there are already recipes or other uses in play for them I think the answer is rather simple – stop salvaging blues/greens and TP them if the price is better than vendoring. Anet said they wanted the prices of blues/greens to rise on the TP and this was all part of that.

No where in this thread is the mention of blues and greens, not by me, not by anyone else.

Know why?

Because that’s blatantly obvious to stop salvaging blues and greens once you’re maxed out.

On the other hand, I did mention daily and monthly, which give you Essence of Luck.

Do you see where the problem is now if you’re being given those when your luck is maxed? Karma every day at least had infinite uses through profiting from trading it in.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

hmmm all right i guess i should stop salvaging them greens and blues now and list them up on the trading post instead if the price after 15% tax is higher than vendoring them.

since i’ll be getting essence of luck from daily and monthly anyway right?

i got +57% at the moment, should be enough for now.

Posted by: TexZero.7910

TexZero.7910

I bet there’s going to be a magical leprechaun merchant you can give your essences of lucks too for his pot-o-gold….

Posted by: Yargesh.4965

Yargesh.4965

From the amount of MF% that I have recieved from salvage etc I don’t think I will need to worry about what to do with the Essence of Luck for a long long time.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

From the amount of MF% that I have recieved from salvage etc I don’t think I will need to worry about what to do with the Essence of Luck for a long long time.

hmmm i’m at 57% now (6 from achievement points so its +51% then) and it takes about 790 luck points to the next 1%

and … wow

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Luck_Bar

they already got it tabulated!

133% at 8290 luck points !!!

hnnggggghh

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

I think of even bigger concern, is when the majority of the population have 300% or close to it, won’t ANet be balancing loot/the economy with that in mind? At that point, we may as well have MF 0%… which would have been cool with me from the outset.

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Q -“So what next when luck is maxed?”
A – I’ll still be unlucky as usual … QQ

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

Here’s a solution that I’m sure Anet would love: Raise the magic find cap to 600%, but reduce drop rates to compensate. Treadmill!

Posted by: MikaHR.1978

MikaHR.1978

Do we continue to get ‘Essence of Luck’ from daily/monthly instead of karma? Once Luck is maxed do we just continue to get another useless item that can’t be traded or forged or sold or anything else useful?

There should be an option on the daily and monthly, to either accept karma or magic find as the reward.

No mine is not maxed, that would be insane. I’m on 103%. Just thinking about the future…

They will say its too much, cut 300 to 150 and give you more bars, but now 20 times longer to grind to 300 again

Colin Johanson: “Everyone, including casual gamers, by level 80 should have the
best statistical loot in the game. We want everyone on an equal power base.”

Posted by: LHound.8964

LHound.8964

Why not to make these Essence of luck to be upgrade in the Mystic forge:

- Blue rarity -> Green rarity -> Yellow rarity -> Purple Rarity -> Mystic Clovers
- Make Mystic Clovers useful other than Legendary material…

/cheers

—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-
Charr’s need more Love. All is Vain
—————— ~~ ~~ —-————-

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

No one is going to be maxing their luck any time soon.

If the thread on reddit is right it will take in the neighborhood of 4.2 million luck to reach 300% mf.

Roughly, with current prices on various things ranging from ectos to greens that’ll cost around 12000g.

That should give you some idea for how long it’s gonna take to max your magic find.

(edited by fellyn.5083)

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

If the thread on reddit is right it will take in the neighborhood of 4.2 million luck to reach 300% mf.

Roughly, with current prices on various things ranging from ectos to greens that’ll cost around 12000g.

That should give you some idea for how long it’s gonna take to max your magic find.

There will always be people who want to get to 300% just to complete it. But more practically, there is a point where your MF increases so little from an Essence of Luck that it wouldn’t be worth salvaging even one more blue (instead of vendoring it) to increase it (assuming a GW2 has a finite lifetime). I’m sure someone will calculate that percentage soon enough — I wouldn’t be surprised if that reaching that percentage is not too unreasonable a goal.

Posted by: Klawlyt.6507

Klawlyt.6507

Ahhh, I hadn’t realized it was non-linear. I dunno why that didn’t occur to me. Maybe because levels themselves scale linearly (in terms of time, not literal xp requirements).

The possibility of physical and mental collapse is now very real.
No sympathy for the Devil, keep that in mind.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Would be great to hear what is planned for daily and monthly.

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Magic find is now 116% and rising nice and steadily, would still like to know if hitting 300% means daily and monthly are pointless.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Wonder when the 1st player to hit 300% will be?

Posted by: Supreme.7352

Supreme.7352

You need over 4 million points to max it out. It’s going to take a while for the average person. Those who do will enjoy the benefits of an account wide 300% magic find and the ability to sell all those greens and blues again.

Posted by: vonbek.4810

vonbek.4810

You start selling stuff again thats what.

Have No Faith In Me.1840

^ Again, the main point of contention is daily and monthly. They give you essence of luck, which is obviously not going to do anything at 300%, whilst karma (An infinitely useful currency) gain was nerfed significantly.

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

^ Again, the main point of contention is daily and monthly. They give you essence of luck, which is obviously not going to do anything at 300%, whilst karma (An infinitely useful currency) gain was nerfed significantly.

vendor most of the blues / greens you find now instead of salvaging them and rely on the daily / monthly luck essence to reach 300% . :p

Posted by: ShadowPuppet.3746

ShadowPuppet.3746

I think of even bigger concern, is when the majority of the population have 300% or close to it, won’t ANet be balancing loot/the economy with that in mind? At that point, we may as well have MF 0%… which would have been cool with me from the outset.

Heh, and hence the crux of any kind of vertical progression whether it be stat or mf or whatever. You get built up then something is implemented to plateau, which basically means there was no real change other than inflation.

Posted by: BilboBaggins.5620

BilboBaggins.5620

When my luck is maxed It’ll probably be time for me to pick a good retirement home.

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

i don’t know if its just rng cuz it is rng after all but im getting more rares from random mobs with 52% current MF than ~150% we had before. In under 15 minutes i got 3 rares from earth eles while it could take me an hour to get one rare with the old MF.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Posted by: RollingBob.8502

RollingBob.8502

Or you know you can start selling stuff now and wit until later to buy luck on the market when all the grinders have given up.

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Or you know you can start selling stuff now and wit until later to buy luck on the market when all the grinders have given up.

I am one of the grinders buyers :p and I’m doing well I think. I’m up to 125%. Without using the TP this would literally take forever =/ but it is a long term goal I’m enjoying aiming for, haven’t had one in the game for a while so it’s refreshing.

(edited by Have No Faith In Me.1840)

Posted by: RagingDragon.9475

RagingDragon.9475

Has one of the Dev’s posted if MF cap includes the MF from Achievements?

Of will Achievement MF be added to the existing cap of 300%?

Commander Kane Ragingdragon
Knights of Ares [ARES] - Apply Now

Have No Faith In Me.1840

Has one of the Dev’s posted if MF cap includes the MF from Achievements?

Of will Achievement MF be added to the existing cap of 300%?

Luck goes to 300%.

Infusion, guild buff, banner, food, boosters and achievement MF will go over it.

I’m up to 183% luck now, 190% account!

Still no word on whats going to happen with daily and monthly………

Posted by: Shifu.4321

Shifu.4321

Vendor everything. Throw away the daily luck.

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

In the course of six hours I went from 24% to 138% account wide MF… So, Give me a week and mine will be maxed out.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

In the course of six hours I went from 24% to 138% account wide MF… So, Give me a week and mine will be maxed out.

It’ll take you longer to get from 299 to 300 than it did to get from 24 to 138, that’s for sure. lol

thefantasticg.3984

My friends and guildies thought I couldn’t pull the 6th precursor from the forge either…

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

My friends and guildies thought I couldn’t pull the 6th precursor from the forge either…

It’s math dude, that’s all. Each level requires more and more luck…but the amount of the luck you get from drops doesn’t actually change. It’s designed to be a very long term goal.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

well it will cost you all the gold you made from those 6 precursors to get to 300%, but if you are willing to spend it then you can do it in a week.

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

certainly not, welcome to the world of exponential progression.

thefantasticg.3984

I know how it works

Still pretty confident I can get it maxed out in a week.

Posted by: tigirius.9014

tigirius.9014

What I find funny is I’m still getting those useless sub level 80 transmute stones!!!? Tell me how that helps my character in any way? LOL

Balance Team: Please Fix Mine Toolbelt Positioning!

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

I know how it works

Still pretty confident I can get it maxed out in a week.

well, good for you then, I guess. If you really can spare that amount of gold, seems reasonable to max luck as early as possible if you aim for that.

thefantasticg.3984

Yeah. I’m all geared up on all of my alts and I don’t really have anything else to do since I don’t care for the ascended weapons/gear.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

What I find funny is I’m still getting those useless sub level 80 transmute stones!!!? Tell me how that helps my character in any way? LOL

if you havent completed the transmutation achievement, those are a cheap way to get some APs.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Daywolf.2630

Daywolf.2630

I’m only at 70% and it’s getting slower and slower. So, in 10 years what will we do? Well, that rocket to Mars is scheduled to leave around then… not too late to register