So what's the deal with candy corn?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Khristophoros.7194

Khristophoros.7194

I’ve been sitting on a few thousand pieces of candy corn that I picked up last month, hoping they’d go up so I could sell them.

Well either there’s an unlimited supply of them, or nobody is buying them.

Let me guess… nobody wants them.

You know, it would be nice if they crafted into better items. Maybe then I wouldn’t want to sell mine in the first place.

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

It’s useless now…

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Rakhar.4615

Rakhar.4615

Well the best use I had for them was spitting out chests, and that recipe only needed ONE I believe, and is only active during the event. That and the ridiculous abundance of them (millions dropped…millions) means that less than a month later, of course there’s low demand. A bit late to start calling for better crafting options for them.

Posted by: munkiman.3068

munkiman.3068

I dunno, if you have enough mat’s and access to a jeweler 400, you can net yourself 2000 commendations in one mystic forge craft. Just saying.

[TAO] Founder/Owner and Administrator for the NSP Server Website

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

I use them to make mf cookies.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: Jornophelanthas.1475

Jornophelanthas.1475

You can also use them to make superior runes of the mad king, and you need 2.250 to craft one of the halloween skins.

Khristophoros.7194

Well the best use I had for them was spitting out chests, and that recipe only needed ONE I believe, and is only active during the event. That and the ridiculous abundance of them (millions dropped…millions) means that less than a month later, of course there’s low demand. A bit late to start calling for better crafting options for them.

It would be fine if there was low demand. However, I think there is zero demand.

Posted by: Mandrax.7342

Mandrax.7342

Save it for next year.

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

Simple, first there was a MASSIVE supply – every player in the game got hundreds or even thousands if they played a lot, and it can’t be vendored so the choice was throw it away or jam it in the AH for 2c.

Second, there’s no demand at all:

The buff for eating it is useless.

None of the cooking consumables are really worthwhile

All the equipment is too expensive to be worth it

The unique craftable skins are cheaper to just buy from the AH then to craft, because people flooded the market by farming the Halloween events non-stop. I could craft the crossing for 100+ gold (probably a lot more then that but I’m too lazy to figure it out), or just buy it for something like 20g

There’s almost no chance the price will ever go up to a worthwhile level. Might as well destroy it all.

Jornophelanthas.1475

There’s almost no chance the price will ever go up to a worthwhile level. Might as well destroy it all.

And if enough people do this, prices will go up.

Posted by: Rakhar.4615

Rakhar.4615

It would be fine if there was low demand. However, I think there is zero demand.

There are 6.9 million on the trading post. Divide that by how many are desired…yeah, I’m pretty sure the result is closer to zero than to one. You took a risk holding onto an abundant holiday resource. Just shove em in the back of your bank until next summer when demand is creeping back up. Or sell them. Hell, even at the highest they were never worth a ton.

Posted by: Edenknight.9284

Edenknight.9284

No joke, I bought 60,000 at 5 copper expecting the price to go up due to lack of ability to obtain them anymore after Halloween.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqxwmpkEVPSbdHUzcm5LMU0zdlU1SGZiMGlIUFB2UEE#gid=0

Even if they had gone to 10 copper, that would be a 21 gold profit.

However, they didn’t and I think I’ve made a huge mistake

you can turn them into Black Lion Chests though! I’m not entirely sure people even want them though.

Posted by: Waffler.1257

Waffler.1257

I use them to vomit on people I kill in WvW.

Khristophoros.7194

There are 6.9 million on the trading post. Divide that by how many are desired…yeah, I’m pretty sure the result is closer to zero than to one. You took a risk holding onto an abundant holiday resource. Just shove em in the back of your bank until next summer when demand is creeping back up. Or sell them. Hell, even at the highest they were never worth a ton.

They won’t fit in the bank. I have to devote a 12 slot box on one of my characters to them.

Posted by: Teulux.6732

Teulux.6732

It is no different than cand corn in real life. (No one ever eats it they just save it for the next Halloween.)

It could also be the fact that there is over 6 millon on the TP and little demand for them…

Posted by: BurnedToast.3781

BurnedToast.3781

Not really, because there’s no demand for the things you make out of them and no demand for eating it directly.

I mean sure the price will go up a little but, but enough to be worth hoarding it? no, I don’t think so.

Jornophelanthas.1475

Not really, because there’s no demand for the things you make out of them and no demand for eating it directly.

I mean sure the price will go up a little but, but enough to be worth hoarding it? no, I don’t think so.

If supply goes down and demand stays the same, prices go up. I never suggested it would be enough to justify hoarding a lot of candy corn.

(For the record, I have around 2.500 pieces stashed myself. I intend to craft me one of the rare skins. When I level my huntsman, I shall convert 8 stacks of 250 candy corn into 1 stack of 10 superior sigils of night. That should save some space.)

Khristophoros.7194

If supply goes down and demand stays the same, prices go up. I never suggested it would be enough to justify hoarding a lot of candy corn.

(For the record, I have around 2.500 pieces stashed myself. I intend to craft me one of the rare skins. When I level my huntsman, I shall convert 8 stacks of 250 candy corn into 1 stack of 10 superior sigils of night. That should save some space.)

I would advise against that. It takes materials that are many times more valuable than the sigil.

Posted by: xtorma.1283

xtorma.1283

It is no different than cand corn in real life. (No one ever eats it they just save it for the next Halloween.)

It could also be the fact that there is over 6 millon on the TP and little demand for them…

I must be wierd, cause i eat it :p. I don’t eat fruitcake though.

Baron Irongut – Warrior-

Posted by: krojack.4920

krojack.4920

I use them to vomit on people I kill in WvW.

I’m gonna be laughing all day now.. Thanks for this.

80 Sylvari Ranger – Jade Quarry
» My current Guild Wars 2 game annoyances

Posted by: Haette.2701

Haette.2701

I have something like 26,000 in various banks and alts after my search for an endless halloween tonic. I have no idea what I’m going to do with it all, I suppose I’ll just use halloween recipes for leveling crafts so I have one less mat to collect.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

I gave mine to friends who cook.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Fiddlestyx.9714

Fiddlestyx.9714

I’ve been sitting on a few thousand pieces of candy corn that I picked up last month, hoping they’d go up so I could sell them.

Well either there’s an unlimited supply of them, or nobody is buying them.

Let me guess… nobody wants them.

You know, it would be nice if they crafted into better items. Maybe then I wouldn’t want to sell mine in the first place.

The problem is, you and everyone else is sitting on thousands of them waiting to sell them.