So who here has received a fractal skin

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Razor.6392

Razor.6392

Post patch? And at what scale?

Just wanna have an idea of how much I should climb. The sole reason I’m doing fractals is to get a dagger.

Also, do you still get any skin, even those that you don’t want to? I read somewhere that you were supposed to choose which skin you’d get now, from a chest or something.

Level 60 pvp
Ele & thief main (full ascended)
Down with the braindead faceroll classes.

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

The chest isnt ingame atm. Devs lied about it on stream. I got a fractal sword at 39. The chance of skins seems to be lower than it was pre patch. It use to be that 48 gave about 2-4 skins per group every day.

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

fractal rifle skin at 38

Razor.6392

:/ chest isn’t in game? devs lied?

well kitten isn’t that great

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: ToT.7018

ToT.7018

lvl 19, harpoon skin for a party member last night

Posted by: Reesha.7901

Reesha.7901

Lvl 17. Last might my friend got a mace skin.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I got a spear skin from a level 11 fractal.

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

I got pistol at 24. Friend got 2 Rifles in the 20s and GS at 30

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

Since the patch, Ive done lvls 20,24,25,26,27,28…not one ascended skin, not one ascended weapon, not one infused ring.

Ive gotten one non infused ring. I guess Im really unlucky.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: Zelyhn.8069

Zelyhn.8069

:/ chest isn’t in game? devs lied?

well kitten isn’t that great

It’s not like it is the first time isn’kitten

Zelyhn.8069 [rT]
Retired elementalist theorycrafter

Posted by: Mesket.5728

Mesket.5728

Focus at 34

Zerk is the average Joe build. Don’t pat yourself in the back too hard.

Posted by: MrRuin.9740

MrRuin.9740

The chest isnt ingame atm. Devs lied about it on stream. I got a fractal sword at 39.

Actually, I think this is wrong.
What the devs said on the live stream is that the chest would be available on higher level fractals. From the things I’ve heard, the chest, which is actually called the “Fractal Gear Box”, only drops in 41+ tier fractals in the boss chest. Anything lower and you always get a pre-selected skin.
I have yet to confirm this, and yet to see anyone confirm the contrary either as everyone complaining seems to be doing lower level fractals (pre-41).
If this turns out to be true, then what they said on the stream is 100% accurate, as they even said “higher level fractals”. How about waiting until its get confirmed either way before throwing the insults out there.
If it turns out you do not get the box 41+ either, then you have a legitimate reason for complaint.

Since the patch, Ive done lvls 20,24,25,26,27,28…not one ascended skin, not one ascended weapon, not one infused ring.

You are really unlucky. I’m getting more rings now than I did before, infused ones too.
By Ascended skins, I assume you mean Fractal skins. You know its been confirmed that the higher the level you run, the higher the chance of getting one. You’re running what would be considered “low level” fractals in the 20’s, thus have a smaller chance to get one.
Ascended weapons…..well these weren’t exactly raining from the sky pre-patch. These have a very low chance of dropping, and if you’re counting on them as your sole means of getting an Ascended weapon…i wouldnt. In the time you get a drop, that matches the stat set you want, you could have farmed for and crafted several Ascended weapons.

Posted by: cesmode.4257

cesmode.4257

The chest isnt ingame atm. Devs lied about it on stream. I got a fractal sword at 39.

What the devs said on the live stream is that the chest would be available on higher level fractals. From the things I’ve heard, the chest, which is actually called the “Fractal Gear Box”, only drops in 41+ tier fractals in the boss chest. Anything lower and you always get a pre-selected skin.
I have yet to confirm this, and yet to see anyone confirm the contrary either as everyone complaining seems to be doing lower level fractals (pre-41).
If this turns out to be true, then what they said on the stream is 100% accurate, as they even said “higher level fractals”. How about waiting until its get confirmed either way before throwing the insults out there.
If it turns out you do not get the box 41+ either, then you have a legitimate reason for complaint.

You are really unlucky. I’m getting more rings now than I did before, infused ones too.
By Ascended skins, I assume you mean Fractal skins. You know its been confirmed that the higher the level you run, the higher the chance of getting one. You’re running what would be considered “low level” fractals in the 20’s, thus have a smaller chance to get one.
Ascended weapons…..well these weren’t exactly raining from the sky pre-patch. These have a very low chance of dropping, and if you’re counting on them as your sole means of getting an Ascended weapon…i wouldnt. In the time you get a drop, that matches the stat set you want, you could have farmed for and crafted several Ascended weapons.

Very true. And regarding the last few sentences… Again, arenanet walks the fine grey line between what they say and what actually happens. “Oh you can get them from chests in the game”. A very very rare occurrance, much like a precursor.

Karma is as abundant as air, and as useless as the Kardashians.

Posted by: HidiR.6712

HidiR.6712

Since the new patch i got 0 skins. Before the patch i got atleast 1 in 10 days. Im actualy more intrested about ascended armor will it drop in fracs after next patch?

Razor.6392

Btw I did get an ascended weapon chest with assassin stats at frac 32…

I want a frac skin tho lol

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: rozcinana.7249

rozcinana.7249

i haven’t seen anyone get a fractal weapon since patch but i got an ascended stonecleaver’s weapon chest in an upper 20s daily chest a day or two after the patch.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

Fractal Sword at 28 here.

Posted by: Naru.4521

Naru.4521

Fractal weapon chest, does not drop even from 41+ (is not ingame, and it was mostly sole reason why i even started to do stupid fotm again), even fractal weapon skin “random” drop rate was nerfed quite big. Got only shield from lvl 43 or so. Currently at 48. From 41+ was dropping infinite fractal tonic, which i want to drop.

Posted by: Gator.5729

Gator.5729

Hammer @ level 11 last night.

Razor.6392

So should I stop doing this? I really wanted a dagger but tbh the odds of getting one out of the 18~ different types of weapon are slim.

Sigh

Level 60 pvp

Posted by: Lighter.5631

Lighter.5631

wait what, so many people getting skins from 10+?……

“i think it’s an underserved nerf. now we have to slot a stun breaker??”
“berserker stance clears all CC on you and you’re still immune to CC for 8 seconds”
-Excalibur.9748

Posted by: JJBigs.8456

JJBigs.8456

ive seen more ascended gear boxes drop than skins

Posted by: spoj.9672

spoj.9672

According to the item code the fractal gear box isnt in the game and noone has had it drop. So yes, the devs lied. There are plenty of people doing 40+.

Posted by: Viking Jorun.5413

Viking Jorun.5413

ive seen more ascended gear boxes drop than skins

I love it. They’re like pseudo legendaries