So you don't give me any quest hubs for my own level

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: FadeXF.5460

FadeXF.5460

and when I “downgrade” to lower level questing hubs out of sheer necessity, you reward me with next to no xp…. 1 bub of xp (CORRECTION: 60% of a bubble I rechecked) for 10-15 mins of my time for a quest hub within 10 levels of my level.

Level 40->43 has been BRUTAL right now. You have like 1 quest hub per level and I have finished them all and up to level 45 and am still level 42.

This is fun?

Posted by: Jayne.9251

Jayne.9251

I went back and did the starter regions for each race in my mid-30s and that got me about three levels per map just completing the maps/events …. From 40 to 45 there are at least three entire map areas to do. Go explore other regions ….

L’enfer, c’est les autres

(edited by Jayne.9251)

Posted by: mangarrage.1062

mangarrage.1062

Don’t limit yourself to one area at 40-43 you have Hrathi Highlands, Drenaught Cliffs (sp) and Blazenridge Steps. I actually at 40 did Hrathi which is a 35-45 zone, then I moved to a 40-50 zone
And there is alot more to do in a zone then quest hub ie hearts

Posted by: Ganadorf.3460

Ganadorf.3460

I agree, this was poor design, but it’s still easy to counteract. First thing to do is to level in a second zone, for the same level range. Also make sure you gather every gathering node, as this gives good xp for no effort, and little time

This is an Asian grindfest though, so naturally, the fastest way to level once you’ve done the quests, is to grind mobs. Try to find mobs that are out of the way, and off the beaten path, as in Guild Wars 2, you get more bonus xp per mob, for the longer it’s spawn has gone untouched. For this reasonl you don’t want to stay in one place for too long, but move around the map grinding mobs around your level. Never go into a zone that downgrades your level, as this will gain you xp at a much slower rate

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

I agree, this was poor design, but it’s still easy to counteract. First thing to do is to level in a second zone, for the same level range. Also make sure you gather every gathering node, as this gives good xp for no effort, and little time

This is an Asian grindfest though, so naturally, the fastest way to level once you’ve done the quests, is to grind mobs. Try to find mobs that are out of the way, and off the beaten path, as in Guild Wars 2, you get more bonus xp per mob, for the longer it’s spawn has gone untouched. For this reasonl you don’t want to stay in one place for too long, but move around the map grinding mobs around your level. Never go into a zone that downgrades your level, as this will gain you xp at a much slower rate

It’s not an Asian grindfest, it’s an American game with very little grinding. (Yes, NCsoft are Korean, but ArenaNet have a great deal of autonomy.)

Grinding mobs is a terrible way to level as they don’t give much xp.

1. Zone completion gives quite a bit, even city zones.

2. Move between areas, there are multiples for each level bracket.

3. Make sure you do events as well as hearts (always go for gold medals).

4. WvW gives a lot of xp.

5. Gather from every node you pass.

6. Crafting gives loads of xp, especially cooking since it’s easy to level.

Ganadorf.3460

It’s not an Asian grindfest, it’s an American game with very little grinding. (Yes, NCsoft are Korean, but ArenaNet have a great deal of autonomy.)

Are you high? Killing mobs gives you like 1500 xp each, for just a few seconds of DPSing them

You just have to find some that haven’t been farmed recently

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

This isn’t a linear MMO where the only way to get from point A to B is by leveling on content close to your level. I’m in my early 70’s and I’m still dabbling around in level 40 zones. Not that I can’t be in the upper zones… I don’t need to be. I’m exploring all the other zones. I’m not trying to hit level 80… but try as I might, I can’t stop leveling LOL.

A good number of high level players stay in the lower zones to complete the hidden nuggets that aren’t part of the map completion… to level their crafting… to just plain have fun.

You will get to 80 a lot faster if you don’t try to get to level 80… let it happen naturally. Play the game to have fun, not to get to max level. The game is everything from level 1-80… why not enjoy it while you do it?

Posted by: FadeXF.5460

FadeXF.5460

Thanks for the tips guys…

So to clarify something though… “map completion” rewards a big chunk of xp? So if I was level 40 and went back to the 1st zone, I will still get ??? xp?

Ganadorf.3460

So to clarify something though… “map completion” rewards a big chunk of xp? So if I was level 40 and went back to the 1st zone, I will still get ??? xp?

You’ll get xp, but it’s not necessarily worth it, for the time it takes to get to every point of interest, waypoint, vista, and heart

Posted by: pmiles.3489

pmiles.3489

Yes… you get XP for everything… heck I gained 3 levels just leveling a crafting profession a little.

You also get drops appropriate to your level in the lower zones, so hanging out in a level 1-15 zone can yield you a level 66 drop (if you are at that level or higher). I wouldn’t farm low level zones for gear, just saying you aren’t punished for not being in a higher level zone.

Posted by: Kana.6793

Kana.6793

Yeah FadeXF, you get some from any zone, I got about a bar of it from completing Hoelbrak.

As for the guy asking if I’m high, no I’m not. I’m on a busy server and there’s not much around that hasn’t been killed recently. If you want to grind and get 1500xp in a few seconds per mob that’s up to you. But you could also get an entire level in a few seconds by spamming cooking.

It’s also in my opinion a lot more interesting to partake in all the activities the game offers rather than grinding, but maybe that’s just me.

Posted by: Debsylvania.7396

Debsylvania.7396

You’ll get xp, but it’s not necessarily worth it, for the time it takes to get to every point of interest, waypoint, vista, and heart

“Worth it” is completely subjective, of course. I happen to like searching all of these things out and I think it’s terrific that there’s a reward for going the extra mile.

Deb ~The Chewbacca Defense [TCD];
Waiting For Death [WFD]
@ Borlis Pass Server

Posted by: Wolfmother.4098

Wolfmother.4098

Whether it’s worth the time or not is very subjective. There are many ways to get xp, you don’t always have to go after the big chunks of xp to get to 80. It’s all choice and one way is as valid as the next. Have fun

We can make ourselves miserable, or we can make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.

Posted by: Eochaidh.4106

Eochaidh.4106

Are you high? Killing mobs gives you like 1500 xp each, for just a few seconds of DPSing them

You just have to find some that haven’t been farmed recently

Mobs giving you 1500xp? And you ask him if he is high?

Posted by: fizzypop.6458

fizzypop.6458

This isn’t a linear MMO where the only way to get from point A to B is by leveling on content close to your level.

This isn’t really true. If you are level 70 and leveling in a level 40 zone you are drastically cutting your rate of exp down. You will level slower. For some people that’s fine, but if you want to level up at a “normal” rate you need to stay close to your level range. So if you are level 70 stick to 60+ areas if you want a “normal” rate of exp. I really wish they’d scale the exp of events so that at least you aren’t getting such pathetically low amounts of exp for lower level zones, but for now it is best to keep close to your level range.

(edited by fizzypop.6458)

Posted by: Draeka.5941

Draeka.5941

Almost lvl 80, and I haven’t even hit up a lvl 70 zone, still chilling around the lvl 40-60 zones while exploring. Remember, you get a ton of experience from simply completing a map, so I don’t see any reason to “grind” mobs when I can easily level up 3 or 4 times from an area waaaay lower than my maximum level. Plus, when I’m done with the area I can head on back to a crafting station to gain another level or two from discoveries. I may not be getting a lot of xp per kill in the lower zones, but I can still get good loot and the overall completion gives great xp.

If anything, I’m levelling too fast…I still haven’t gone outside of the Kryta/Shiverpeak areas yet!

Posted by: Khaldar.7486

Khaldar.7486

I was going to tell him how to get 1 level per event at his level when combined with +50% xp boost, but nah… He seems too much like a complainer.

Posted by: Xpiher.5209

Xpiher.5209

Yes

But I don’t understand how you’ve hit a level wall. I’m level 37 and I haven’t hit a wall yet. I do daily every day and map completions for each zone I’ve been to (I’ve yet to leave human zone). I do hit a node almost every time I see one, but the exp isn’t that great from doing so. From this I’ve leveled 1-37 in relatively short order – about 40hrs into the game. At least 5hrs trying to figure out crafting recipes, 1 hr making my character, a couple doing jumping puzzles, etc, and at least 5 in WvW (not much Exp gained when you are in the zerg). I’d say, of actual game play I’ve spent maybe 20.

Posted by: Khaldar.7486

Khaldar.7486

Yes

But I don’t understand how you’ve hit a level wall. I’m level 37 and I haven’t hit a wall yet. I do daily every day and map completions for each zone I’ve been to (I’ve yet to leave human zone). I do hit a node almost every time I see one, but the exp isn’t that great from doing so. From this I’ve leveled 1-37 in relatively short order – about 40hrs into the game. At least 5hrs trying to figure out crafting recipes, 1 hr making my character, a couple doing jumping puzzles, etc, and at least 5 in WvW (not much Exp gained when you are in the zerg). I’d say, of actual game play I’ve spent maybe 20.

I don’t understand that either… It took me 62 hours /played on my first 80. Definitely not even close to Asian MMO worthy… try 6.2 months in those games.

Posted by: Flavvor.2648

Flavvor.2648

Hearts are not quest hubs. If you play the game like that then your going to hate it. Hearts give people direction where to go so they can run into DE in and around that area. Run around get lost in the area. have fun. If you finish all the hearts that doesn’t mean the area is done. once again Hearts are NOT quest hubs.

Posted by: piitb.7635

piitb.7635

When you see a dynamic event, do it.

Posted by: Seether.7285

Seether.7285

If you are approaching the game as a progression from “quest hub” to “quest hub” then you are doing it wrong.

Posted by: Metal.3826

Metal.3826

There is a problem in my opinion with down leveling and XP. My stats get down leveled, my level gets down leveled, I don’t usually feel I have a better chance to survive or face roll anything, but XP seems to be the same amount as if I really was that level which becomes hardly anything depending on what level you really are and what level you go back to. I try not to go back levels because of that. Try being level 60 and go back to a level 1-15 zone. Not worth it if you want XP. The only advantage I see is I have utility spells.

Posted by: AstroCat.7628

AstroCat.7628

I barely even care what zone I am in, level wise, or what level I am. The game is fun just playing, I level when I level. That’s part of what is so fun about the game. But, overall when I am in a zone much lower level than me I for sure have an easier time at it, based on better traits, skills and gear, plus you are put a level above the zone.

Wardens of Destiny – Tarnished Coast
M: Aedan Nightshade (Sylvari Necromancer)