So you like crafting? Come to Rata Sum!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: VOLKON.1290

VOLKON.1290

Yes, that’s right, Rata Sum awaits you as your ideal crafting destination! Unlike the cluttered and haphazardly spread out mess of Lions Arch, Rata Sum offers you all the conveniences for crafting in a neat, ergonomagically design central locale! Right in the center hub you have, all within an arms reach (for those with long arms), your banker and trading posts all eagerly waiting to serve you! From there it’s only a short jaunt to any and all crafting stations of your choice, again all brilliantly placed for easy access and ascetic beauty. Plus our merchants are also conveniently located in all areas to serve your many crafting needs!

So step out of the mire and cacophony of Lion’s Arch and come to Rata Sum! Your one-stop crafting needs destination.

Paid for by the Rata Sum medium high council of trading, taxation and other economically related items.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

But what if I’m a Bookah? All my experiences with other Asura have been quite negative. They are in fact very racist. I wouldn’t want to be a Charr in Rata Sum, for one.

At least Lion’s Arch is multicultural and Royal Terrace people look past your race and more to your wallet.

Posted by: Kupper.8074

Kupper.8074

Go to Ebonhawk, nuff said.

JQ – The ‘veggie’ Knight
Berserker = Skilled http://i.imgur.com/g1rkIub.jpg
Never forget – http://i.imgur.com/Oxra9sj.jpg

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

But then I’m going to get hassled by Separatists?!

VOLKON.1290

But what if I’m a Bookah? All my experiences with other Asura have been quite negative. They are in fact very racist. I wouldn’t want to be a Charr in Rata Sum, for one.

At least Lion’s Arch is multicultural and Royal Terrace people look past your race and more to your wallet.

If you have money to spend you can easily be tolerated. There are even pay showers on the lower levels for the hygienically challenged.

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Nah, you’ll just get hassled by that pesky NPC guard who’s always wailing “Please, I need your help!” :P

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Bagel.4598

Bagel.4598

Nah, you’ll just get hassled by that pesky NPC guard who’s always wailing “Please, I need your help!” :P

Then help the poor bugger!

Posted by: Atlas.9704

Atlas.9704

I’ll just stay near the Grove.
Pretty plant designs, interesting people…er plants, and they don’t mind my Human.
Although I will admit one of them wanting to touch my Charr is kind of disturbing.

Elona, Land of the Golden Sun….and undead…and poison. The travel brochure lied okay?!

Posted by: Excursion.9752

Excursion.9752

The Royal Terrace is my personal favorite. Everything you need for crafting in one spot.

| 80 (Guardian) Rusty Tooth | 80 (Warrior) Razer Tooth | 80 (Ranger) Eir Stegallkin |
| 80 (Mesmer) Brook Envision | 80 (Thief) Kuro Rin |

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

That Ebonhawke guard is a hypochondriac. Once or twice I went to help him and it turned out his dire situation was imaginary and all was under control.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

Most of my chars are norn, so even my few humans now prefer to go to Hoelbrak

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

VOLKON.1290

The Royal Terrace is my personal favorite. Everything you need for crafting in one spot.

It is nice, but not everyone has access to it. Besides, only Rata Sum allows for building surfing! (Climb as high as you can then “surf” down the outside, seeing if you can survive until you go over the edge (which will kill you anyhow).)

#TeamJadeQuarry

Posted by: Fror.2163

Fror.2163

Rata Sum is the place I go and where I park my alts. All services are close to each other. I don’t mind going in Divinity’s Reach as well as the crafting stations are close to the WP and so are the services. The only places I actually never go for that are The Grove and Hoelbrak.

Also, the load time of the map is much better than in LA.

Frór (yes, with the accent!)

Posted by: rhapsody.3615

rhapsody.3615

Even better if you’re a mesmer! Drop a portal at your crafting station, waypoint to do your bank/trading post business, and instantly port back. Only the weaponsmithing station comes close as it is right next to the trading post in LA.

Posted by: mtpelion.4562

mtpelion.4562

Rata Sum is my home thanks to the efficient design. Even your home instance is just a ramp away for those daily nodes.

Server: Devona’s Rest

Posted by: jessiejay.3625

jessiejay.3625

You have me sold to look a rata sum in a new eye. Perhaps while there i may observe more asuran culture, tech, and cuisine. This bookah has been in LA long enough.

Ms Jessie ~ Captain Jess, 2012
FracTonic|OmniPot|Golden Arms
Ad Infinitum & The Ascension

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

I would rather not have more bookahs in Rata Sum.

It’s true though. Crafting is much easier there. The asura clearly know how to design an efficient city, naturally.

Also I find it funny a bookah called himself a bookah. Hah.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

Posted by: imsoenthused.1634

imsoenthused.1634

If only I could get to any of those alternative locations for free from anywhere like I can to LA. I’m a cheapskate. >_>

All morons hate it when you call them a moron. – J. D. Salinger

Posted by: KarateKid.5648

KarateKid.5648

I’ve parked every character I’ve made in Rata Sum for a year now. For me, it’s less the crafting and more the close arrangement of the TP, Bank, and Guild Bank. Every place else is just a slog OR is dripping with lag (except the TP near Mount Maelstrom – I’d park there permanently except the BLTC NPC is bugged 50% of the time and won’t talk to you).