So....

So....

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

This is the successor to Guild Wars, but there’s no guild bases. no guild capes?

D:

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

So....

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

Not at this time. It’s often helpful to research games before purchase. I don’t think capes will make a re-appearance, but Guild Halls may show up sometime. =)

So....

Posted by: Dusty Moon.4382

Dusty Moon.4382

This is the successor to Guild Wars, but there’s no guild bases. no guild capes?

D:

Guild Wars name is based on LORE not the fact that GvG, etc was in the game. That was a coincidence only.

How many times will this be commented on…..

YOU CAN GvG in game, just not instanced like GW1. There are plenty of places to do it and guilds that do GvG are doing it in those places.

(edited by Dusty Moon.4382)

So....

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Guild Wars 1 only had humans. Capes were easier. With 5 races that have distinct body types not so. I’m sure I wouldn’t want them to divert resources to making capes. I’m sure there are more urgent matters.

I’m also sure that guild halls are on their list of things to do. They’re simply not done yet.

In Guild Wars 1, Guild Halls were an integral part of Guild vs Guild, which doesn’t exist in this game, though.

So....

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

The upcoming CDI discussion will be on Guilds. That will be a great place to make suggestions. Details help. You can say “I want capes.” Or you can say “I want capes with physics, that actually wrap around the character instead of hanging in a stiff rectangle down the back; I want hoods I can toggle up and down, and here are a number of images of interesting capes from RL that would make good models.” The latter gives a real springboard for the devs.

So....

Posted by: Jski.6180

Jski.6180

D:

Wait you played GW1 only because of capes and guild bases? There a lot of mmorpg that where out during the time of GW1 that had this Ultram online i think was an example of this.

Any way GW2 guild capes are back items such as back packs and banners guild bases are towers and keeps even camp that your guild can hold and upgrade to a point with both build in upgrades and upgrades of wepon placement that you as a player can control and it all dose something in a game and is not just for looks.

Main : Jski Imaginary ELE (Necromancer)
Guild : OBEY (The Legacy) I call it Obay , TLC (WvW) , UNIV (other)
Server : FA

So....

Posted by: Stephapanda.5804

Stephapanda.5804

D:

Guild Wars name is based on LORE not the fact that GvG, etc was in the game. That was a coincidence only.

YOU CAN GvG in game, just not instanced like GW1. There are plenty of places to do it and guilds that do GvG are doing it in those places.

Sigh, there’s always at least one person (I’d wager a PvEr) that doesn’t care about GvG and brings this up. Does it matter that it’s based ~off of the lore~? It was a core feature in Guild Wars 1 and I don’t blame anyone for being upset that it isn’t in this game. Currently GvGs have to be played out in OS and is rife with trolling by randoms who show up to grief.

Yes, I think we all pretty much all realize it’s ~FrOm ThE LoRe~ by now, you’re just missing the point.

So....

Jski.6180

D:

Sigh, there’s always at least one person (I’d wager a PvEr) that doesn’t care about GvG and brings this up. Does it matter that it’s based ~off of the lore~? It was a core feature in Guild Wars 1 and I don’t blame anyone for being upset that it isn’t in this game. Currently GvGs have to be played out in OS and is rife with trolling by randoms who show up to grief.

Yes, I think we all pretty much all realize it’s ~FrOm ThE LoRe~ by now, you’re just missing the point.

You guys where gvging last night! It worked too in a way its nice to be able to watch ppl gvg in an more open map and not have to deal with closed off maps. Also you can gvg in spvp its just a name factor then any time some one fight another in a group that is all one guild vs another guild that IS a gvg.

So....

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

I’m not really a guild player, and I don’t have any interest in GvG, but saying you can “technically” fight other guilds, in WvW or PvP, is really missing the point. A real GvG mode would likely get special rules tailored to it, areas designed specifically for it, and support for things like tournaments.

Comparing a game mode to something you can simply do is a bit like comparing Sanctum Sprint to simply racing other players to the top of Labyrinthine Cliffs. It’s similar, but not nearly as fleshed out as what people want from a GvG experience.

-shrug-

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

So....

Jski.6180

I’m not really a guild player, and I don’t have any interest in GvG, but saying you can “technically” fight other guilds, in WvW or PvP, is really missing the point. A real GvG mode would likely get special rules tailored to it, areas designed specifically for it, and support for things like tournaments.

Comparing a game mode to something you can simply do is a bit like comparing Sanctum Sprint to simply racing other players to the top of Labyrinthine Cliffs. It’s similar, but not nearly as fleshed out as what people want from a GvG experience.

-shrug-

Your just asking for a different type of spvp is all. GvG rules should be set by the guild fighting not by a set program. Open maps are the best for true GvG. Both handily caps and “do nots” is best something that is talked from guilds leader ship.

So....

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Your just asking for a different type of spvp is all. GvG rules should be set by the guild fighting not by a set program. Open maps are the best for true GvG. Both handily caps and “do nots” is best something that is talked from guilds leader ship.

I’m pretty sure that’s exactly what I’m asking for, or, rather, what I think most people are asking for when they want GvG, which is why they’re not satisfied with do-it-yourself alternatives, especially if they were fans of Guild Wars 1’s GvG, which was its own type of PvP.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

So....

Posted by: rapthorne.7345

rapthorne.7345

Guild Wars without… guild wars?

hmmm

Resident smug Englishman on the NA servers, just because.

So....

Posted by: Tachenon.5270

Tachenon.5270

hmmm

Yeah, it seems kinda crazy to name a game after stuff that allegedly happened before the starting point of the game, stuff that the players won’t ever see, but such naming is not without precedent in the entertainment industry. Star Wars, for example, did not depict a single star going to war! (The Death Star doesn’t count because it wasn’t a real star.) Star Trek – when did we ever see a star trekking anywhere? The TWilight ZOne – Bella and Count Sparkula weren’t even born yet!

So, yeah. Things that make you go ‘hmmmmm’ indeed.

The table is a fable.

So....

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

instanced GvG would be very nice……….but capes? not needed

shields
weapons
armor
backpack

those all have your emblem on it…..and capes look kittenty anyway with all the clipping problems

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

So....

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

D:

And the Guild Wars lore is about human affairs anyway. /shrug

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/The_Guild_Wars

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

So....

Posted by: Godzzila.3752

Godzzila.3752

instanced GvG would be very nice……….but capes? not needed

shields
weapons
armor
backpack

those all have your emblem on it…..and capes look kittenty anyway with all the clipping problems

Since when is “not needed” something that stoped this game from doing anything?

So....

Jski.6180

hmmm

Kind of a fools argument. We have a War (wvw) and there are guild in that war (holding keep for the guild). Pvp not really a “war” so GW1 was missing the war part where in GW2 we have both.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

hmmm

Kind of a fools argument. We have a War (wvw) and there are guild in that war (holding keep for the guild). Pvp not really a “war” so GW1 was missing the war part where in GW2 we have both.

Why not? War can also be defined as: a situation in which people or groups compete with or fight against each other. In GW1 case, the competing groups are (precisely) guilds, the title being apt all the more so considering it revolves around guild halls. In GW2, although technically there are still guilds fighting against guilds, the emphasis is less so.

So....

Jski.6180

hmmm

Why not? War can also be defined as: a situation in which people or groups compete with or fight against each other. In GW1 case, the competing groups are (precisely) guilds, the title being apt all the more so considering it revolves around guild halls. In GW2, although technically there are still guilds fighting against guilds, the emphasis is less so.

That not really a war though that more of a sport or just a battle. Wars tend to be much bigger and last longer there also something to win and lose.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

hmmm

That not really a war though that more of a sport or just a battle. Wars tend to be much bigger and last longer there also something to win and lose.

That’s just an argument on semantics though. The definition I’ve used is from the dictionary. What you win or lose in GvG is your elo rating XD

So....

Jski.6180

hmmm

That’s just an argument on semantics though. The definition I’ve used is from the dictionary. What you win or lose in GvG is your elo rating XD

Then you can call every thing that is a fight a war its a way too big definition of a word not the definition of the ideal. I guess elo rating is something to lose and win but to lose right to fight other groups is a bit push to keep ppl fighting in an rvr environment not to say its the best that it could be but still it better then a small group of ppl losing elo.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

hmmm

Then you can call every thing that is a fight a war its a way too big definition of a word not the definition of the ideal. I guess elo rating is something to lose and win but to lose right to fight other groups is a bit push to keep ppl fighting in an rvr environment not to say its the best that it could be but still it better then a small group of ppl losing elo.

Battle

a fight between opposing armies, groups of ships, groups of people etc, especially one that is part of a “larger war”.

I really don’t see the point in arguing over semantics especially since I think the emphasis should be put on guild.

(edited by Leo Paul.1659)

So....

Jski.6180

hmmm

Battle

a fight between opposing armies, groups of ships, groups of people etc, especially one that is part of a “larger war”.

What was the larger war in GW1? GW2 each fight for a keep tower camp is a battle for the larger war of that week that is part of even a bigger war of fighting who vs who.

My point is RvR is about as close as you can get to a real war environment in mmorpgs DAoC was a “war” game because it had rvr even ESO is a part “war” game because it too has rvr and so dose GW2 with its wvw a type of rvr.

So....

Posted by: NewTrain.7549

NewTrain.7549

Who cares if the name is based on lore?

Who cares about the semantics of “battle”?

Fact is, it was a popular feature of Guild Wars 1 and there was no foreseeable reason not to include it in GW2.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

hmmm

Battle

What was the larger war in GW1? GW2 each fight for a keep tower camp is a battle for the larger war of that week that is part of even a bigger war of fighting who vs who.

My point is RvR is about as close as you can get to a real war environment in mmorpgs DAoC was a “war” game because it had rvr even ESO is a part “war” game because it too has rvr and so dose GW2 with its wvw a type of rvr.

Alliance battles.

So....

Jski.6180

hmmm

Battle

Alliance battles.

So 12 vs 12? You can about have that in spvp i think the cap is 8 v8 or 9v9. If they simply added in a pvp format of 12 vs 12 or 10 vs 10 in spvp you could nearly have what gw1 called gvg.

I just think its better to keep it so the players can chose how they want to gvg and not make it into some super formal event where there are rules set by ppl who are not fighting in the current fight. That and keep it in the open world where you can have ppl interrupt a fight and troll but you can also have ppl watching you and cheering ppl on even defing the fight from these trolls. Think if in a sport games ppl can cheat and its up to the fans to stop it the investment and the ownership of each game would be big and very meaningful.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

GvG is very different. You should play it to understand. That’s why a lot of people have been asking for it since release.

So....

Jski.6180

GvG is very different. You should play it to understand. That’s why a lot of people have been asking for it since release.

You mean a pvp formant in GW1 called GvG, guild vs guild is in all pvp games.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

SMH of course I meant GW1. >_< Your argument over semantics is borderline trolling.

So....

Jski.6180

SMH of course I meant GW1. >_< Your argument over semantics is borderline trolling.

It not meaning to be what bugs me if ppl who crys for gvg they are saying something different then they mean they want gw1 gvg and not guild vs guild.

So....

Leo Paul.1659

It not meaning to be what bugs me if ppl who crys for gvg they are saying something different then they mean they want gw1 gvg and not guild vs guild.

Dude, context.

So....

Posted by: Zera Allimatti.2541

Zera Allimatti.2541

Simple answer: the devs of GW1 did not make GW2. They left ArenaNet years before GW2 was released.

Give us more GW 1 weapon and armor skins, please. COPY/PASTE ALREADY!!!!