Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: funky fat thighs.1267

funky fat thighs.1267

Is there any reason why these are so ridiculously overpriced right now?! Just going around Snowden Drifts for a while netted me about 6 gold including the iron ores i got.. Currently im in the process of crafting an ascended set & i see no reason why i should bother earning money in the new areas as the rewards are rubbish since people discovered a bunch of the materials to be pretty useless, this stuff is currently on par with orichalcum / ancient logs!!

Thoughts?

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: RustyMech.9876

RustyMech.9876

Legendary precursor crafting.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: TPMN.1483

TPMN.1483

John Smith quoted that it was (paraphrased here): So new players could make gold more easily and be able to gear up quickly. This is done by making the low level zone areas materials/drops worth more. This is done by increasing demand for these materials – the economy is expected to be highly unstable when an expansion comes out for some time.

You can see this is the case with:
iron , soft wood, leathers, wool, linen,,etc…

A lot of higher end players will happily trade gold for someone else to farm mats.
Artificial short term demand has been created across many materials in the hope of removing excess supplies from the trading post allowing things to create a new equilibrium.

In other words:
Kick start funds for new players
Drain gold for existing players (who want to rush things )
Create market uncertainty – spikes/dips and clear backlog of items from tp.

[MYTH] The Mythical Dragons -PvX http://mythdragons.enjin.com

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: azizul.8469

azizul.8469

as a hard core harvester whose gold to make legendaries come mostly from harvesting, i support this ….

Cutie Phantasmer/Farinas [HAX] – CD Casual
Archeage = Farmville with PK

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Blaine Tog.8304

Blaine Tog.8304

Ascended crafting. It’s bananas.

I main Ele and Necro, though I have an alt of each profession at level 80.
How to Condi Reaper on a budget
Everything I say is only in reference to PvE and WvW.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Hannelore.8153

Hannelore.8153

Too bad they forgot about Gold and Silver Ore. Still stockpiling mine. :p

All other materials seem mostly “fixed” now.

Daisuki [SUKI] LGBT-Friendly Guild Leader | NA – Jade Quarry
I’m usually really sweet… but this an internet forum and you know how it has to be.
/i’m a lesbiab… lesbiam… less bien… GIRLS/

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Don’t complain about making gold.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

Also for scribing

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Spiritwood planks have almost doubled in price in a week and are now selling for around 15 gold. Crafting them needs lots of soft wood. Bad news if you need the planks for your latest ascended/legendary crafting project. Great news for the wood farmers. Fill yer boots!

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

In other words:
Kick start funds for new players
Drain gold for existing players (who want to rush things )
Create market uncertainty – spikes/dips and clear backlog of items from tp.

A warning to new players who read this though: Don’t sell your T2-T4 (and maybe T5) cloth and leather as you will have to buy it later on.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: ham.8209

ham.8209

Soft Wood Log has got not one thing at all to do with meta of any kind at all . and never will . also in normal crafting the use of soft wood has changed and you need more soft wood . then you did before hot came out and when hot came out the amount of soft wood need to do regular crafting doubled . so instead of needing just one log to make a dowel . now you need 4 log,s to make that same dowel .

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: BrettM.9062

BrettM.9062

Spiritwood planks have almost doubled in price in a week and are now selling for around 15 gold. Crafting them needs lots of soft wood. Bad news if you need the planks for your latest ascended/legendary crafting project. Great news for the wood farmers. Fill yer boots!

Worse news if you need to make a level-25 weapon for a new character that you’re leveling up, or to level up a crafting profession. When a material has a very high-value use (ascended/legendary crafting, GH upgrades) added to it, it is economic suicide to put it to its original intended low-value use. I feel very sorry for players who want to craft their own gear for the characters they’re leveling and especially sorry for new players who want to level their crafting professions.

Soft Wood Log has got not one thing at all to do with meta of any kind at all . and never will . also in normal crafting the use of soft wood has changed and you need more soft wood . then you did before hot came out and when hot came out the amount of soft wood need to do regular crafting doubled . so instead of needing just one log to make a dowel . now you need 4 log,s to make that same dowel .

HoT didn’t change anything here. Dowels of all tiers have always required one PLANK to make, not one log. Soft wood planks have required four logs each since very early in the life of the game. It was adjusted upward from three logs more than two years ago to reduce an oversupply of soft wood in the economy. There was never a time when you could make a soft wood dowel out of one soft wood log.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

The new meta is called “Nevermore” .. i heared you needed 90 spiritwood planks
for it o.O

And its all wood .. yesterday hard wood was 5s, seasoned was 4s and even T5 was at 2s.

Spiritwood planks were long time under 5g i think, and now they are over 15g.

However .. as another hardcore harvester i have no problems with that

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Cyrotek.7019

Cyrotek.7019

Too bad you need this stuff for several ascended items which are needed for ordinary stuff like fractals and the raid (or so I heard, never did higher level fractals because of not enough agony resistance because of not enough ascended items …).

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

Worse news if you need to make a level-25 weapon for a new character that you’re leveling up <snip>

Do folk really craft “mid-range” weapons? The levelling process is pretty fast and you tend to get suitable equipment just by playing. I don’t really see much point in worrying about equipment and upgrades until you are at max level. Any old thing will do.

Anyhow, yeah. Nevermore was what I was thinking of.
Each spiritwood plank takes 20 soft, 20 hard and 10 seasoned planks (3 or 4 logs each) plus a glob of something that takes 50 elder wood planks (and can only be crafted once per day). That’s a lot of wood for one plank.

So the spiritwood inflation is being driven by folks rushing to make Nevermore and that is inflating the wood prices driven by folk like me who are crafting one spiritwood plank each day to sell. Last week I was selling them for 8-9g. This morning I sold at 15g. Last week I did not really care about wood prices. This week they are high enough to make me wonder about farming some of them rather than buying them all. The prices will drop again once that initial rush is over and as more farmers tune in to the prices.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I had 5 gold, saw how much soft wood was going for by accident while leveling my Rev, as I was selling some gold items on the TP that dropped. I made 135 gold from selling the stock pile of mats I had sitting in my bank. And that was just from the gold and leather. When I have time I’m gonna go through the metal and fine mats.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

I had 5 gold, saw how much soft wood was going for by accident while leveling my Rev, as I was selling some gold items on the TP that dropped. I made 135 gold from selling the stock pile of mats I had sitting in my bank. And that was just from the gold and leather. When I have time I’m gonna go through the metal and fine mats.

You should check your cooking mats as well.
With gemstones, you probably missed selling your orbs, which mostly sold at vendor for the past couple of years, 2 weeks ago at 20s.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Soft Wood Log.. Meta??

Posted by: Jana.6831

Jana.6831

Do folk really craft “mid-range” weapons?

I do – weapons but usually not gear.
Lvl 20, 35, 55 and sometimes in between, depending on how bad my gear is.