Soft wood planks now require 2 logs

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: DanteZero.9736

DanteZero.9736

FINALLY, it requires a normal amount now.

Attachments:

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Oh that is fine news!

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

wow finally…15 char

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

o-O
…and to all a good night!
Wow.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Gutted I made all my logs yesterday now, lol

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

FINALLY!

thank you anet!

(now if ONLY i hadnt turned all of my logs into planks on Sunday. kitten it!)

Hi Ho Hi Ho it’s off to….oh look, trees!

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: rhodoc.2381

rhodoc.2381

Why this is not documented?

[VcY] Velocity – Gargamell

Posted by: skullmount.1758

skullmount.1758

YAY! About time it got trimmed back down to what other woods require.

Darkhaven server
Please give us a keyring…

Posted by: Lothirieth.3408

Lothirieth.3408

Oh thank goodness!!! So happy this finally happened.

Posted by: Lunacy Solacio.6514

Lunacy Solacio.6514

I’m shocked it’s at 2… Anet probably won’t be able to leave it there, but very happy with this currently.

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Hmm, now soft wood planks cost fewer logs to refine than do the other tier wood planks (all others need 3 logs.)

I wonder why they decided to change this now.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

(edited by Glenstorm.4059)

Posted by: BloodyNine.7504

BloodyNine.7504

Man, just processed a BUNCH of them last night.

Posted by: Makai.3429

Makai.3429

Hmm, now soft wood planks cost fewer logs to refine than do the other tier wood planks (all others need 3 logs.)

Because Anet doesn’t like its playerbase to make money unless it requires a Mastercard.

Proud disabled gamer. Not everyone has the capacity to git gud.

Posted by: JVJD.4912

JVJD.4912

what balls??? i just finished my legendary axe a week ago ><

Posted by: Mortifer.2946

Mortifer.2946

Thank you. And please don’t change it back.

Posted by: Jackalosiris.7302

Jackalosiris.7302

Now about silk…

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

Don’t forget leather

Posted by: shimmershine.3156

shimmershine.3156

Too bad I didn’t wait on making all those spirit wood planks when working on the nevermore collection

Posted by: Matthew Pennebaker

Matthew Pennebaker

Designer

Hey all. Just wanted pop in give some insight on this change. First off, sorry for the undocumented change. It is always our goal to get everything in the release notes, in spite of what the last few updates may have led you to believe
Now, this reduction in refinement is one of a few different options we were looking at to bring the cost of wood back in line, but it wasn’t actually intended to ship yet. Since it is out there now, enjoy! But we will be keeping an eye on the economy of this and other common materials. If in the future things crash or explode (that’s economy talk for “crash” or “explode”) the refinement recipes are one area we can adjust to keep things stable.
Merry Wintersday!

Posted by: Baldrick.8967

Baldrick.8967

Bigger issue I have is with the lower level leathers, as they just don’t drop at all for a level 80 toon…

WvW player. Doing another world completion for my next Legendary. Hater of mini-games.

Posted by: Lucifer.7289

Lucifer.7289

Because Anet doesn’t like its playerbase to make money unless it requires a Mastercard.

Pretty much this, they will find anything of value in game and destroy it, it’s sad how aggressive they go about doing it as well. For a buy to play game I never seen such attempts to make anything farmable worthless lol.

O well made around 6k gold in 2 months of selling wood, was good while it lasted.

Hellion

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Bigger issue I have is with the lower level leathers, as they just don’t drop at all for a level 80 toon…

A nice workaround is having a level 25-30 character do PvP and obtain some nice reward boxes with lots of salvagable goods.

Posted by: thisisit.6954

thisisit.6954

Hey all. Just wanted pop in give some insight on this change. First off, sorry for the undocumented change. It is always our goal to get everything in the release notes, in spite of what the last few updates may have led you to believe
Now, this reduction in refinement is one of a few different options we were looking at to bring the cost of wood back in line, but it wasn’t actually intended to ship yet. Since it is out there now, enjoy! But we will be keeping an eye on the economy of this and other common materials. If in the future things crash or explode (that’s economy talk for “crash” or “explode”) the refinement recipes are one area we can adjust to keep things stable.
Merry Wintersday!

Yes but you do realize you always go about this like a bull in a china shop! reducing it from 4 to 3 and then seeing how it was for a month and then to 2 if needed is a MUCH more responsible way to handle this. also for all those that have had to buy and or make using 4, this is a realkittenfrom anet, especially as you are giving free cash to the fractal guys.

Agemnon.4608

I think it was well balanced enough at 4, kept a surplus of soft wood from flooding the market and ensured spiritwood kept its value. Ascended goods aren’t meant to be cheap.

Posted by: daedalus.9814

daedalus.9814

Merry Wintersday!

What about for green wood?
I know for Quip collection you need an absurd 3000 Green wood logs for a niche legendary.
Not to mention 900 dye pigments (compared to bifrost 180, one handed vs two handed).
Would it of been easier to re-balance the precursor collections?

Posted by: Gav.1425

Gav.1425

Well, that’s great for anyone who hasn’t refined a few thousand logs pre-patch because inventory is a nightmare in this game.

Also, breaking Gorseval wasn’t in the patch post either. Might wanna make a note.

Sorry about all the salt. In fact,t hat’s now snow falling in DR—it’s my god kitten salt from the fact we still don’t have the Ad Infinitum recipe/collection. It was only supposed to come out…. 2 months ago…

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Merry Wintersday!

Yes but you do realize you always go about this like a bull in a china shop! reducing it from 4 to 3 and then seeing how it was for a month and then to 2 if needed is a MUCH more responsible way to handle this. also for all those that have had to buy and or make using 4, this is a realkittenfrom anet, especially as you are giving free cash to the fractal guys.

Seriously why are you guys mad?

Can’t you have some heart for people who’s actually making a precursor?
Can you stop exploiting the market already?

The price of wood is in line with ore now, which is much more reasonable.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Feel like getting slap non stop with wet slipper until it dry after finish tier1 nevermore. QwQ….

Well ,it less time consuming now so I’m happy anyway.

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

It is always our goal to get everything in the release notes, in spite of what the last few updates may have led you to believe

Last few updates? Seriously? Every single update for years has had stealth changes. From past history, I think it’s safe to say there is no goal to get everything in the release notes (either that or you are MASSIVELY failing at this goal.)

Posted by: Fowidner.6930

Fowidner.6930

eww just when I used ~2000+ soft woods a week ago but anyways this is always better than having to farm loads and loads more of them in the future.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

The other logs are still at 3:1, but I suppose after all these years Soft Wood needs some time to catch up. :P

Thank you for this change though. It was much appreciated. Now, if only ANet would release a Basic Leather Rack and ways to harvest Hard Wood, Iron Ore, and Advanced Cloth and Leather Racks for our Home Instances… HINT HINT ANET

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Well there goes the good times when green logs to green planks promote to soft planks was a money maker. The margins have been slim for a while now but now that’s gone.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Glenstorm.4059

Glenstorm.4059

Can we PLEASE get nodes for cloth and leather? Supply for these materials from drops/salvage can be adjusted to compensate. I just want a way to collect these out in the wild without relying on RNG. I mean, I know it’s not hard to find Silk etc. from drops, but I’d really prefer a sure-fire way to go out and harvest them, like all the other basic materials.

Fear the might of SHATTERSTONE.

Posted by: NilSatis.6720

NilSatis.6720

Unbelievable….While this is a good thing on initial viewing; it is something that is sneakily changing the economy; which isnt a good thing. Things do not get “missed” when being changed and patched. That is crap.

Also; I have recently made 40 spiritwood planks; which required an obscene amount of this wood. Am I going to get the wood back since you stealth patched this?

Posted by: Aomine.5012

Aomine.5012

Unbelievable….While this is a good thing on initial viewing; it is something that is sneakily changing the economy; which isnt a good thing. Things do not get “missed” when being changed and patched. That is crap.

Also; I have recently made 40 spiritwood planks; which required an obscene amount of this wood. Am I going to get the wood back since you stealth patched this?

Think of it this way, every new woods you make from now on will cost half of the amount of spiritwood.

Why’s people mad in the first place?
Spiritwood was merely 5g pre HoT and was 15g after Nevrmore released.
TP exploiter already got more than enough of share from the woods, it’s ok that the price drop back down now and benefiting the regular players who’re working for legendaries.

Posted by: xbutcherx.3861

xbutcherx.3861

Can we PLEASE get nodes for cloth and leather? Supply for these materials from drops/salvage can be adjusted to compensate. I just want a way to collect these out in the wild without relying on RNG. I mean, I know it’s not hard to find Silk etc. from drops, but I’d really prefer a sure-fire way to go out and harvest them, like all the other basic materials.

Leather nodes… mmm what? just put a several dead animals for harvesting? That would be funny as hell lol and also what tool would be using? a knife?

Agemnon.4608

Leather nodes… mmm what? just put a several dead animals for harvesting? That would be funny as hell lol and also what tool would be using? a knife?

WoW did it, but you had to kill the animal first. I even took that profession for the increased crit too.

Posted by: Zaxares.5419

Zaxares.5419

You can buy a “Basic Cloth Rack” for your home instance that randomly generates some low level cloth scraps every day. (You’re just stealing clothes off some poor guy’s clothesline.) ANet should release a “Basic Leather Rack” as well. Along with the missing nodes for Hard Wood, Iron Ore, and possibly introducing an Advanced Cloth/Leather Rack as well.

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

This is a disgrace.

I just finished Nevermore and paid 2x as much as all the people with new ones.

These sorts of changes really make me lose faith in the competence of economists.

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

Posted by: MithranArkanere.8957

MithranArkanere.8957

There should be nodes for that. Map bonus rewards and salvageable drops from wild animals are not enough.

All over the world are tons of enemy camps. In those camps, guarded by at least one veteran, there should be two new nodes: Cloth Racks and Stacks of Pelts.

After clearing the camp, these nodes would become available, and using them would give some cloth or leather of the tier corresponding to that area, and sometimes pigments, hidden caches and other stuff if you are lucky.

SUGGEST-A-TRON says:
PAY—ONCE—UNLOCKS—ARE—ALWAYS—BETTER.
No exceptions!

Posted by: CIndeR.3479

CIndeR.3479

SELL YOUR STOCKPILED SOFT WOOD NOW!!!! SELL SELL SELL!!!

Posted by: Daddicus.6128

Daddicus.6128

NOTHING is documented, officially. Even the Wiki player-produced, not documentation from ANet.

Posted by: Turiya Raver Xll.7068

Turiya Raver Xll.7068

Hello all,
Matthew read this forum thread and responded. The fact that a designer read and responded to a thread should be encouraged and applauded. Matthew also apologised for the undocumented change and showed honesty in stating that the change wasn’t intended to ship just yet.

Personally Mathew, thank you for responding and your honesty, I still may not understand why the drop from 4 to 2, but hats off to you for being honest and making the effort to respond.

Posted by: Kumion.7580

Kumion.7580

Thank you for this Anet! I’ve felt soft wood was off-kilter compared to other materials. Glad to see this one brought back into line.

Posted by: Yumiko Ishida.3769

Yumiko Ishida.3769

It was originally 2 when the game launched. 3 years later, its now 2 again. Thank you!

Yumiko Emi Ishida 80 Ele, Hikari Kyoko Ishida 80 Guard TC-NA. Active RPer of NA megaserver.

Posted by: Tiny Tove.3589

Tiny Tove.3589

Now all we need to do is remove the words “Account Bound” and let the economy go where it will. Are you scared yet?

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

NOTHING is documented, officially. Even the Wiki player-produced, not documentation from ANet.

…Wut?

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Dayra.7405

Dayra.7405

Try lower dungeons, I noticed to have much more of them when I did AC for dungeoneer quite often.

Ceterum censeo SFR esse delendam!

Posted by: Pandaman.4758

Pandaman.4758

Merry Wintersday!

Well, if you actually read the post he straight up says it was an accident.

Also if you watched the Mythbusters episode bulls actually deftly avoid crashing into shelves full of china.

Also I’m fun at parties.

Not really.

Posted by: Albadaran.1283

Albadaran.1283

2 logs for such a big plank? Amazing! I thought 3 or 4 would be needed