Software version?

Software version?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Apollos.3206

Apollos.3206

Does anyone know where to find the “Software Version” of gw2? I found the file version but cannot find the software version.

Software version?

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I’m not sure if it’s the same thing but the Wiki lists the build number for each update.

The latest one is build 67,732.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Software version?

Apollos.3206

Tried that number and the company that needed it said that was not it. Thank you for responding though.

Software version?

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

It might help to know what company is asking for this and why they are asking for it.

Software version?

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

Sounds like “the company” is working off of a support script. Might want to find someone with a bit more flexibility.

Software version?

Apollos.3206

The company is Logitech. We are just trying to resolve a gaming keyboard issue.

Software version?

Posted by: Razor.9872

Razor.9872

If not the “build version,” what would define the desired “software version”? Something along the lines of 03.56.12 (<example)?

NSPride <3

Software version?

Apollos.3206

yeah something like that. (example> 103.0.2)

Software version?

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

You may be better off contacting support and requesting this information. I checked through the game files on my local computer and didn’t see anything referring to software version, and online the only thing I can find is the current build, as referenced above.

Good luck :\

Software version?

Apollos.3206

Yeah, I did summit a support ticket for this. I did find a file version number. Maybe that is the same thing as a software version number. Well I guess I wait now for support to get back with me. Thanks for all the suggestions and replies. It would be nice if anet would read this and reply here.

Software version?

Posted by: Maximus Delion.8719

Maximus Delion.8719

Its version 1.0.0.1.

Right-click gw2-64.exe, select Properties, select Details. Check the “Product version” field.

Software version?

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Actually, the logitech people shouldn’t be asking you for the build number of this game. There is no way to play an outdated version of GW2, so everyone is always playing the same version, which is whatever version the wiki lists.

Any request for more details means that the support person with whom you are working doesn’t understand how GW2 works and therefore is going to be stymied troubleshooting.

tl;dr in your shoes, I’d ask for someone else to work with me.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Software version?

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Does anyone know where to find the “Software Version” of gw2? I found the file version but cannot find the software version.

In game, bring up the options panel, F11, lower left corner. Out of game, no idea.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Software version?

Apollos.3206

Maximus Delion that’s the version # I found too. Thanks.
I hate dealing with support. That will be all the info they get from me. Most times I think manufacturing companies don’t want to do the right thing and send you a new item that works whatever it might be. Grrr

Thank you all who replied trying to help.

Case closed.