Solo-able content

Solo-able content

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: player.3714

player.3714

Hello guys.
i was thinking why there is no solo-content.
i really love the game but sometimes im really sick of always need a group to do real content.
ex: Farm gold? COF ARAH AC COE always in goup
WvW zerg everywhere
World Boss ah ah! zerg needed
Or you can enable solo path for the current dungeons
or you guys really need to thinking in the solo players

we really need permanent content that could be done solo.

:) thanks for your time

Solo-able content

Posted by: Henri Blanche.8276

Henri Blanche.8276

For better or for worse heroes and henchfolk made GW1 very solo-player friendly.

But the second letter of MMO is in fact “Multiplayer.”

Solo-able content

Posted by: Terok.7315

Terok.7315

I’d love to see more non-instanced area’s ala Obsidian Sanctum. That’s what I thought dungeons were going to be during beta, dungeons. Epic areas that have less pew pew and more indiana jones.

Vile Necromancer||Defender of the Beastgate||Slayer of Moa’s

Solo-able content

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

Epic areas that have less pew pew and more indiana jones.

Unfortunately they have chosen to make them more like Indiana Jones 4…

Solo-able content

Posted by: Mackdose.6504

Mackdose.6504

Epic areas that have less pew pew and more indiana jones.

Unfortunately they have chosen to make them more like Indiana Jones 4…

Zing.

Anyway, go fight champs in Orr is you want some solo-fun. Or go take out mini-dungeons and pull your hair out at the fact that mobs respawn to kitten ed fast.

“I didn’t buy into GW2 being the second coming of christ.
I just wanted a AAA MMO with no sub made by ArenaNet. And it’s awesome.”

Solo-able content

Posted by: Zacchary.6183

Zacchary.6183

As a person who ends up in horribad zergs and groups on a regular basis, I would like solo-able content.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Stooperdale.3560

Stooperdale.3560

You can solo plenty of open world champions and group events if you want a challenge with some reward. The rewards just come along a lot faster in a zerg because players are using the (lack of) scaling to their benefit. The majority of game content is still solo but the end game content is group based because it is an MMO. Other MMOs that had highly rewarding solo content found that players ignored the group content and the game felt less social for everyone. For some reason people disbelieve that this happened but it did and there is no reason for guild wars to repeat mistakes.

The game could really do with some decent two player content though. A lot of casual players like to do something with a friend and a lot of solo content is less fun with two.

Solo-able content

Posted by: lordkrall.7241

lordkrall.7241

Hm?
Isn’t the vast majority of the content in the game completely solo-able?

Krall Bloodsword – Mesmer
Krall Peterson – Warrior
Piken Square

Solo-able content

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I kid you not, I once solo’d the old Tequatl. Took me over an hour, but I sort of enjoyed it more than Tequatl nowadays.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Atherakhia.4086

Atherakhia.4086

Everything in this game is soloable other than dungeons and world bosses. Other than those things, if it can’t be solo’d, it certainly doesn’t require an organized group. In fact, my biggest complaint with this game right now is why even bother grouping or being in a guild? Aside from world bosses, dungeons, and things that award guild emblems you don’t even need to be in a group to do anything.

While it would be nice to see a permanent addition to our character story, I’m not sure how much more you really want?

Solo-able content

Posted by: Orion Templar.4589

Orion Templar.4589

I’d like to see it so that all content would be available for either kind of play. If folks want to group up to play, they should be free to do so. If folks want to solo, they should be free to do so. If the content at hand is specifically designed to require a party size beyond one person, then make something like “dungeon henchmen” available to hire to fill out a small party.

A full party of players will usually have an advantage in efficiency over a party of mixed players and henchmen, so folks who enjoy grouping would be unaffected by a change like this. Folks who sometimes just want to avoid the PUG scene or want to explore a dungeon once on their own without pressure from aggressive players could do so as well.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Arah P2 is completely soloable. Go start having fun right this instance.(Really not too bad, just takes a while)

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Solo-able content

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

With the exception to fractals, dungeons and champions, the game is quite soloable. Just don’t try to take on 10 guys at a time and you’ll be fine. Play smart.

Yea it bugs me to have to team if I want the mats to build a legendary but with the LFG tool now it’s not standing around in front of a dungeon begging for a spot anymore.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Solo-able content

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

On my first character I soloed the Golem Mk. 2…nobody bothered with the events back then because they didn’t give any rewards. I play solo 99.99% of the time myself but I do run with zergs sometimes so I’m not sure how ‘solo’ I really play anymore. I’ve leveled 4 out of the 5 lv 80 alts I have pretty much all solo though, ran with the QD zerg to level my latest one…

I really wish there were soloable dungeons though, or at least soloable versions of the current dungeons so players could figure out what’s going on with them and not drag a party down by dying and not being able to respawn all the time. I got about halfway through MF before mob rubberbanding screwed up my technique…

Solo-able content

Posted by: Ision.3207

Ision.3207

OP, I think you will eventually see some solo instances designed. For example, Lord of the Rings Online had almost exactly what you are referring to. Basically they created about 6 mini-dungeons that were designed for solo (although they also had a “single” henchman you could take with you). At any rate, I think you will see it, because despite the “multi-player” part of MMO, a huge percentage of MMO players are primarily solo players, so I doubt they will ignore that demographic for too long.

Colin Johanson to Eurogamer: "Everyone, including casual gamers,
by level 80 should have the best statistical loot in the game.
We want everyone on an equal power base.”

(edited by Ision.3207)

Solo-able content

Zacchary.6183

Ok I am necroing this thread in organize spoiler-type fashion.

1. Separate Instances for world bosses where 1-5 players may participate in without a zerg interfering.
  2. Fractals and dungeons that set the difficulty off of the amount of players in a party rather than make everything boosted pseudo-elite all the time.
  3. Fractals and dungeons that require 5 players will have an alternate solo path open in the absence of a 5 player party.
  4. Reduce the overall stats of every enemy and boss according to how many are in the party.

People suck. When playing group content they only care about their reward:effort ratio. If one person dies, others leave. I like to call it leeching since the player, experienced or not, requires other players who are experienced to carry them through or skip content. If one person pulls a group that isn’t a boss or required to progress, that person gets yelled at a/o kicked. Its that kind of mentality what ruined Raids for me in WoW and made me leave.

I solo because of it. And I am not the only one in this boat.

That kind of mentality combined with the stupid mechanics they implement into this kind of content bars solo players from content. I don’t want to conform to other player’s playstyles to do a dungeon or a fractal. And no, I don’t HAVE to.

Of course this game is a multiplayer, but get this: it doesn’t mean that I HAVE to play with them. They are there, and that’s really all that’s required for “multiplayer”.

Solo-able content

Posted by: hendo.1940

hendo.1940

If you want to solo, learn to do Arah.

Rezardi – [DnT]
Game over, yo.

Solo-able content

Posted by: ExiledDiclonius.1653

ExiledDiclonius.1653

I already mentioned on this forum that we need content for solo players. All dungeons should have atleast dou path with properly scaled reward (2/5 of what 5 ppl party get’s).

Solo-able content

Posted by: Miriam.9241

Miriam.9241

Dungeons are not open world like GW2 told to be. Hard to do and finding Group and solo not playable. So why not open everything to open world where anyone can play like in others games aswell with the open world dungeons.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Psychol.5783

Psychol.5783

Heroes in GW1 is what makes this game still playable, can you imagine GW2 after couple of years? it won’t last, right now it’s hard for me to make “Flawless Defense” achievement for example.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Phenix Flyer.6724

Phenix Flyer.6724

Dungeons are not open world like GW2 told to be. Hard to do and finding Group and solo not playable. So why not open everything to open world where anyone can play like in others games aswell with the open world dungeons.

If I’m understanding you right then, while i support the idea of solo versions I must disagree. There are mini open world dungeons around Tyra, but making the main dungeons open world is counterintuitive. Let me explain if there is a weak player In a 5 man dungeon the 4 reminding have to pick up the slack, if there is more than one the group can fall apart, and it should because the game shouldn’t reward players who don’t deserve it. But let say there was a 20 man dungeon "raid " or whatever obviously harder but the same slack caused by 1 or 2 weak players could be easily spread across the others. The deep in gw1 was a classic example 12 players. If enough survived the initial split then weaker players wouldn’t need to do much after that.

~ Sylvari Ranger, [BGW] Jade Quarry ~
“I blame Kormir”

Solo-able content

Zacchary.6183

I’m necroing this thread again.

No, I don’t like the open world idea. Leave it instanced so everyone can enjoy it without a zerg.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Vlad Morbius.1759

Vlad Morbius.1759

The dungeons could be made to scale down to smaller groups which would add a boat load of content for people who prefer to play this way. I know it would be some work but minimal compared to creating all new content.
I never understood why games, especially ones that are already designed around scaling don’t do this for all but major boss fights. It would add so much more variety to the existing world, some times it’s nice just to solo and this content would still allow people to get the tokens and armor they want without always needing a group. That’s the real definition as play the game the way you like in my opinion.

Vini, Vidi, Vici, Viridis…I came, I saw, I conquered…I got a green??

Solo-able content

Posted by: Seraphina.6859

Seraphina.6859

OP, I think you will eventually see some solo instances designed. For example, Lord of the Rings Online had almost exactly what you are referring to. Basically they created about 6 mini-dungeons that were designed for solo (although they also had a “single” henchman you could take with you). At any rate, I think you will see it, because despite the “multi-player” part of MMO, a huge percentage of MMO players are primarily solo players, so I doubt they will ignore that demographic for too long.

I think you are referring to skirmishes (correct me if I’m wrong). Skirmishes in Lotro; however, are far mor adjustable and I would argue that they were designed for solo play only since you can adjust the party size (solo, duo, small fellowship that is 3 men, fellowship that is 6 men and raid group size). You can also determine the difficulty. I really loved doing skirmishes in Lotro (sometimes solo and sometimes with my friend). There were a lot more skirmishes than 6 in the game. It would be great if Guild Wars 2 had short instances like the skirmishes in Lotro. I also liked the solo dungeons that were introduced in Aion, though they are less flexible than Lotro skirmishes.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Gearbox.2748

Gearbox.2748

Actually a very large part of the game is soloable. or small unit able. that you think is group/zerg needed.
Naturaly in the open world it is now much harder to find any champions to go 1 on 1 against. as the Megakittenup have left the realm as a zerg farming land.
But at least before that I would go find champs to solo.

Wb’s; many of them could be done with just a few. 2-4 is usually a good number

Dungeons. several are soloable- and Im having a great time now duo’ing storymode dungeons with my RL friend who plays very little.

But yes. far better scaling options would be great.
EG Dungeons. being able to set a slider as you enter from 1-5- as challange level. you pick. Play as 1 and want harder content- scroll up to set as more players while just being 1. adjust loot accordingly.

Even better- to be able to do the same in the open world.. can’t be done I suppose. but really miss the old lan based rpg’s

Solo-able content

Posted by: wouw.5837

wouw.5837

Solo Arah, I know a couple of guildies who do this, or solo any other dungeon (AC and CM are easy now, with the stat change)

Elona is Love, Elona is life.

Solo-able content

Posted by: Lord Kuru.3685

Lord Kuru.3685

All dungeons that don’t have specific mechanics that require a party (e.g. CoE laser field) are soloable.

They are often significantly more fun solo/duo than with a party.