Solving the PvE skin problem

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

This fix sounds pretty easy to me, since all the tools are already there. But I really got thinking on how to solve this problem of creating armor and weapon looks in pve like it is in pvp.

First, the one problem I am running into is the karma items, since they can’t be salvaged. Not sure if we should allow them to be salvagable after this, but it could be possible.

Okay, so in our achievements panel, we have a little window called Unlocked rewards. Remove it, and add a new tab to the side saying something like ‘PvE locker’. There, thats how we reach the skins themselves.

Now, how to get the skins? Well, if you noticed how I said it earlier, salvaging.

Add the skin pattern on the salvage loot table of the item itself, and make it a rare salvage item. And when its used, it goes into the pve locker.

As I said, it needs to be a RARE DROP. Maybe even rarer than ectos. Don’t make them account bound either, make them sellable on the TP.

There, people can have their pve lockers to dress up, its something to work towards, and you can even through achievements in there like you have for pets.

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Now hold on. You want to have to salvage something with the skin you want for a rare chance to turn it into an infinite account wide use.

And if that fails, well, you’ve just trashed a possibly irreplaceable skin. No thanks. Not worth the risk. If it’s easily replaceable, after all, why bother trying to get it in a locker? Drop a couple of silver whenever you want the look.

Posted by: Serophous.9085

Serophous.9085

Now hold on. You want to have to salvage something with the skin you want for a rare chance to turn it into an infinite account wide use.

And if that fails, well, you’ve just trashed a possibly irreplaceable skin. No thanks. Not worth the risk. If it’s easily replaceable, after all, why bother trying to get it in a locker? Drop a couple of silver whenever you want the look.

yes, it would be a risk, and that would be the point. Risk for a high reward. And yes, of course, pay to get the silver and pay for the transmutation stones. Anet gets to keep the stones selling to make money.

Now, of course some of the old skins, such as the skins already on the TP and the weapons from the BLTC, would have to be reworked so they get added to the locker right away. I would also agree to this for some of the achievement skins (back skins, etc).

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

Way too risky that doesn’t solve the problem at all unless you are one of those filthy rich players.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

Gotta agree with Donari on this; seeing as a Transmutation Crystal costs 2.2 gold right now (per stone if you buy a five-pack, the lowest denomination,) there’s no way I’m going to risk one of my favorite skins for such a small reward. Most skins, I only want on one character or are fairly cheap to acquire a new one, and the rest that aren’t are too valuable to gamble with.

The ability to give Shattered wings to each of your characters might save you some very mild decision-making, but that’s hardly worth a high probability that you’ll be worse off than when you started, without wings for any of your characters.

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Grimlock.4102

Grimlock.4102

While I do like the idea of having skins available to your character I’d like to just have like…a slider panel on my hero screen where I can store multiple skins and swap them out so I don’t have to buy the skin I want, then buy and exotic with the stats I want, buy a transmutation stone then fuse them together and come back to my bank whenever I want to change my skin.

I think it would be cool even if they offered like a ‘storage’ stone or something that bound the item to your character and allowed you to swap between for example an arah skin and a blue rarity skin without losing your items exotic quality or stats when out of combat from your hero tab!

+1 to adding a way to easily use multiple skins on a character!