Some flaws

Some flaws

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

Interface windows, way to big. Why take up the whole screen with these in-game char/inv/guild, etc windows?

Language filter, why have a language filter if swearing is punishable by ban/suspension?

Dungeons, exploit after exploit. Why have so much content in a dungeon if no one wants
to do it?

Living story, new events content(Dragon Bash, etc.) is becoming a gimmick. It’s a race just to be done with.

Event rewards, dungeon rewards, etc. Mediocre, there is no reward.

When everyone is the same, no one is unique. Thus your gaming experience is not unique because your doing exactly the same thing as everyone else with the same shiny objects waiting at the end of the stick. Carrots are good for you!!!

Some flaws

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Language filter, why have a language filter if swearing is punishable by ban/suspension?

The language filter isn’t a flaw. The flaw resides with the players that think it gives them a license to say what ever they want in chat. Most of the people I have seen get suspensions involved much more than saying, “Oh kitten!” every now and then. Many people are not offended by basic curse words. If they are used in a manner that is purposely offensive, used in a sexual manner, racist, or threatening then that is when more people start to get offended and the perpetrator usually gets a 72 hour vacation.

The Burninator

Some flaws

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Increase your resolution.
Language filters don’t catch everything.
You don’t have to run a dungeon with exploiters.
I disagree
I disagree
I disagree

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Some flaws

Posted by: Isilhgaard.4013

Isilhgaard.4013

Whatever about the language filter, least important.
Display: Aspect remains the same.
Oh and show me a server and a guild that runs dungeons for the content, instead of just for the farm.

Some flaws

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

Just go to gw2lfg, and type in what kind of party you want for the dungeon you want. Overarching meta doesn’t apply to individuals in pve in gw2

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Some flaws

Posted by: Chase.8415

Chase.8415

Ah the age old, why should people be banned for swearing when there is a filter?

Probably because there is a huge cyber bulling problem going on where people are committing suicide or suffer permanent psychological damage. You don’t have to be intelligent to find out what someone is saying after it is censored.

There is absolutely NO reason for anyone to swear, period. You can communicate without them.

Some flaws

Posted by: Jam.3258

Jam.3258

If you can communicate without using taboo words, you can cyber-bully without them too. Verbal abuse can exist without them. Word filters are a blunt tool.

Some flaws

Posted by: Erasculio.2914

Erasculio.2914

Carrots are good for you!!!

For donkeys, who are blindly led from carrot to carrot without the ability to know any better, yes, they are great.

For human beings, who are not so easily decived, not so much.

“I think that players are starting to mature past the point of wanting to be on that
treadmill, of being in that obvious pattern of every time I catch up you are going to
put another carrot in front of me” – Mike O’Brien right before Ascended weapons

Some flaws

JustTrogdor.7892

If you can communicate without using taboo words, you can cyber-bully without them too. Verbal abuse can exist without them. Word filters are a blunt tool.

And I imagine that players that do such things while excluding cursing end up with 72 hour vacations as well.

The Burninator

Some flaws

Posted by: Dante.1508

Dante.1508

People swear on Sea of Sorrows all the time, no one gets in trouble, i think you people are overreacting, it is full of Aussies though and swearing is quite integrated into our language here so maybe Anet looks the other way haha

Some flaws

JustTrogdor.7892

People swear on Sea of Sorrows all the time, no one gets in trouble, i think you people are overreacting, it is full of Aussies though and swearing is quite integrated into our language here so maybe Anet looks the other way haha

No one is overreacting. People are trying to explain why the language filter doesn’t mean people can say what ever they want. I see a fair amount of cursing on my server as well but from what I have seen it is the context that gets people in trouble or the volume. It’s one thing to say (I’m actually typing kitten for this example) “Oh kitten I just fell again” and another to use similar words as a means to insult, degrade, or use them in a sexual nature. Also I think one is more likely to get flagged if they are just cursing for the sake of cursing (curse spam), “kitten kitten kitten that piece of kitten kitten kitten can kitten kitten kitten.”

In your case most of the cursing is probably tolerated a bit more due to the players on your server apparently not minding casual cursing. I would be willing to bet though that many people on your server have served a few 72 hour vacations as well. If anything maybe your server will have a few more eyes on it after your post.

The Burninator

Some flaws

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Of all the OP’s complaints, I think the reward one is the only one with actual merit. The rest of the complaints are misplaced. Since people have already dealt with the filter and Interface, I’ll weigh in on the Living Story.

The Living Story is something SOME people rush to complete. It’s also somethign SOME people really enjoy and take their time with.

If you’re just going to Dulfy’s site and burning through the content to get achievements, you’re pretty much missing the point.