Some strange on-goings in Tyria lately

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I was reading a Reddit thread where a player contacted Support about an ingame sound he was hearing.

The response from Support: http://i.imgur.com/V1RF76U.png

The player also reported in this thread some strange auras when near the drill in Lions Arch harbor.

http://i.imgur.com/IYi9rOL.png no aura
http://i.imgur.com/HFKVoSg.png stage 1 aura (bubbles and the aurora)
http://i.imgur.com/252NTDD.png full aura, stage 1 + toxic alliance green glow from the torso.

Sort of reminds me of the hints we got before other Living Story arcs. ^^

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Soon he will rise…

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Cthulhu R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn”

LA is next on my map completion list for the toon Im on, I will check it out

Posted by: Vesuvius.9874

Vesuvius.9874

Stage 1 aura has always been there. Not sure about the green glow from the third image. That looks new to me but then again, it might also have always been there and I just never noticed it.

Posted by: TheRandomGuy.7246

TheRandomGuy.7246

LA gonna explode during season 3.

Attachments:

Just a flesh wound.3589

Stage 1 aura has always been there. Not sure about the green glow from the third image. That looks new to me but then again, it might also have always been there and I just never noticed it.

If the aura has always been there it’s still possibly a hint about a later Living Story arc, just placed a long time ahead, while a previous arc is still ongoing.

ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

It makes sense that something would be happening there. This is where the big surge of magical power was sent to Mordy to wake him up. When he died, his power was unleashed and would logically flow back along that ley line.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Just a flesh wound.3589

It makes sense that something would be happening there. This is where the big surge of magical power was sent to Mordy to wake him up. When he died, his power was unleashed and would logically flow back along that ley line.

And since it’s underwater, it tickled Bubble’s toesies too. ^^

ANet may give it to you.

Randulf.7614

Maybe patch brought some more clues?

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Maybe patch brought some more clues?

I hope so, especially given that “tease” from Anet. We need to start looking and listening more closely.

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Iason Evan.3806

Iason Evan.3806

Maybe Magdaer is finished being reshaped? Maybe we get to find out what happened to Rytlock? Maybe we get to finally see what happened with Evennia? Livia? Oh that’s right they never finish stories. They just end abruptly or get left as cliffhangers forever.

My bad.

Leader of The Guernsey Milking Coalition [MiLk] Sanctum of Rall

Posted by: Aidan Savage.2078

Aidan Savage.2078

If the aura has always been there it’s still possibly a hint about a later Living Story arc, just placed a long time ahead, while a previous arc is still ongoing.

Or it’s just a reaction to the leyline energy there to your character’s presence.

Posted by: Ananeos.4587

Ananeos.4587

Haven’t the glow and noises always been there?

Hailsec – Asuran Mesmer | EVOS
Zraiyya – Asuran Elementalist | EVOS
Akkodi – Asuran Engineer | EVOS

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Stage 1 glow has definitely always been there, ever since the drill was first added. I think it’s the same as the leyline effect, which probably means it’s related to the leyline Scarlet was drilling into.

Can’t comment on the noises however, since I usually play with the sound off.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Astralporing.1957

Astralporing.1957

If you read through that reddit thread, most of the things (including some of the sounds) has been explained already.

Actions, not words.
Remember, remember, 15th of November

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Has something to do with Depths of Tyria, Primordus and Dwarven playable race and such…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Just a flesh wound.3589

If you read through that reddit thread, most of the things (including some of the sounds) has been explained already.

They may have been discussed before but absent a definitive statement as to what each aura or sound is by ANet, they haven’t been “explained” except as the player base has said what they might be (except for the sounds that turned out to be Elite specialization sounds). The aura by the drill might be related to the Mordremoth story line, or it might have been put in as a very early foreshadowing of a future story line. Only time will tell.

ANet may give it to you.

(edited by Just a flesh wound.3589)

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Has something to do with Depths of Tyria, Primordus and Dwarven playable race and such…

Ogden Stonehammer is the last remaining dwarf.

Randulf.7614

Last remaining dwarf on the surface. The remaining few are transformed into stone dwarves in the depths fighting Primordus
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dwarf

(edited by Randulf.7614)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Last remaining dwarf on the surface. The remaining few are transformed into stone dwarves in the depths fighting Primordus
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Dwarf

Yes, and WE will rise again my friend!

@Agemnon… Their original origins are unknown. The ones on Tyria are stone. There could be more hidden. There are lots of plausible ways to have Dwarves return. No they don’t have to be the ones turned to stone, there could be others… like say from the mists perhaps…

Use your imagination my friend, this is the matrix after all.

My bet is still underworld and primordy and dwarves…

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

Strange how support specifically mentioned the lighthouse in the reply

I wonder if its possible that the consortium might be using the lighthouse to somehow siphon ley line energy to “somewhere”, or that the lighthouse is acting as some kind of giant magical beacon to the elder dragons (especially the deep sea dragon)

Posted by: Tanith.5264

Tanith.5264

Slightly off-topic here, but those of you who play with the sound off are really missing out. In addition to these mysteries, there is some truly awesome music in game!

Tanith Fencewalker, Tanni Mindbender, Thyra Wrathbringer, Lovecraft Thrall
Guardians of the Vault [GotV] and Guíld of Dívíne Soldíers [GoDS]
Gate of Madness server

Posted by: Loboling.5293

Loboling.5293

Just went to the lighthouse and kitten something is definitely up. There is a huge fog blowing in from the sea, and the energies powering the lighthouse of surging intermitently. I imagine it uses ley energies, similar to the waypoints. So I think people saying the energy is returning are right. This really would be mordy is dead, and he was one of the dumbest villains since d3.

I think this will lead to an invasion from the sea, and the rest of the living world will deal with these effects. Also, I’m going to say that if the ocean dragon really does come up, I think it will be in the next expansion. Which could mean they will finally finish their work on underwater combat. Meaning we might see some underwater (mostly) zones. I may be taking this too far…

Either way, head up to the top of the lighthouse in LA and see for yourself. It’s almost like a storm. I really can’t help but think of sharknado, I hope they do a reference… lol

Posted by: BrotherBelial.3094

BrotherBelial.3094

I wonder if its possible that the consortium might be using the lighthouse to somehow siphon ley line energy to “somewhere”, or that the lighthouse is acting as some kind of giant magical beacon to the elder dragons (especially the deep sea dragon)

There’s been a strange “hum” sound around the lighthouse since HoT launched, but I passed it off as me not paying attention. Maybe there’s more to it.

i5 4690K @ 3.5Mhz|8GB HyperX Savage 1600mHz|MSI H81M-E34|MSI GTX 960 Gaming 2GB|
|Seasonic S12G 650W|Win10 Pro X64| Corsair Spec 03 Case|

Posted by: Kayberz.5346

Kayberz.5346

There’s been a strange “hum” sound around the lighthouse since HoT launched, but I passed it off as me not paying attention. Maybe there’s more to it.

I always just assumed that the lighthouse was using the same technology from the pact at fort trinity which is why it glows blue and that the buzz was just an aesthetic touch

Now it seems there is definitely something related to ley energy going on

Posted by: Zoltar MacRoth.7146

Zoltar MacRoth.7146

There’s been an awakening in the ocean. Have you felt it…?