Some things should not be dailies

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: gethane.1234

gethane.1234

First real complaint about the game since returning in November. Dailies are the thing that keep me going into the game. I think I’ve finished my daily every day since I came back in November except while traveling for holidays. But today’s are too much. The jumping puzzle, even with a helpful in-person guide (thank you for those who volunteer to do this), was undoable. It didn’t help that my pet popped back out every time I fell. The camera angles in the puzzles in the narrow cavern tunnels are impossible enough without my pet (which I can’t stow permanently) blocking my view.

So we thought, ok, np. We won’t do the JP today. So we decided to check out the daily activity participation. We look up on the wiki which tells us it’s crab toss. We go to southsun and look for the NPC for 30 minutes. No luck. We go to LA and talk to that activity participation NPC just in case. No luck. What a waste of an hour between the two. I had had enough and just logged out without doing anything else.

Super hard puzzles should not be dailies. If activity participation is a daily, it must WORK.

Posted by: Bambu.4270

Bambu.4270

Well I used to hate pve dailies due to their horrible choices. Who really has any fun racing against other players for catching 4 events in a map? I’m glad this isn’t on every day anymore. What about world bosses that are so restricted in timers you will miss it anyway. The new jp and adventure dailies are what we really needed. Since bugs aren’t design choices I’m not even going further about those. Anyway welcome to my world: you can’t do a pve daily like I used to!

That’s progress. Hooray for progress!

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Whether or not you can get a Mesmer portal to the end should not be the criteria to whether a JP should be a daily or not.

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

First real complaint about the game since returning in November. Dailies are the thing that keep me going into the game. I think I’ve finished my daily every day since I came back in November except while traveling for holidays. But today’s are too much. The jumping puzzle, even with a helpful in-person guide (thank you for those who volunteer to do this), was undoable. It didn’t help that my pet popped back out every time I fell. The camera angles in the puzzles in the narrow cavern tunnels are impossible enough without my pet (which I can’t stow permanently) blocking my view.

So we thought, ok, np. We won’t do the JP today. So we decided to check out the daily activity participation. We look up on the wiki which tells us it’s crab toss. We go to southsun and look for the NPC for 30 minutes. No luck. We go to LA and talk to that activity participation NPC just in case. No luck. What a waste of an hour between the two. I had had enough and just logged out without doing anything else.

Super hard puzzles should not be dailies. If activity participation is a daily, it must WORK.

I done the JP and you know what? Not recognized for dailies, okay fine went to wvw, the shrine dailies, done, you know what? Not recognised as dailies… It was a bad day.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I done the JP and you know what? Not recognized for dailies, okay fine went to wvw, the shrine dailies, done, you know what? Not recognised as dailies… It was a bad day.

I think the JP was broken. I got to the top today and didn’t get the daily either.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Ayrilana.1396

It works if you collect the orbs.

Posted by: Silas Eorth.7348

Silas Eorth.7348

A lot of people confused the daily JP for another one that is very close to the same area. In my haste, I went to Antre of Adjournment, did the JP and didn’t get credit so I did a double-check on the /wiki and confirmed I was at the wrong one.

Others who were at the correct JP did receive credit.

gethane.1234

Whether or not you can get a Mesmer portal to the end should not be the criteria to whether a JP should be a daily or not.

I do the jp. Because I need the practice. I don’t mesmer portal to the end.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

If activity participation is a daily, it must WORK.

I think we can all agree on this one. I suspect there will be a red face or two in the dev team regarding that particular bug. I assume it is related to putting crab toss back into the rotation but I can’t see it being fixed in time for us to do it today.

PvE dailies should offer a choice of 5 or 6 tasks rather than the 4 we have now.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

If activity participation is a daily, it must WORK.

I think we can all agree on this one. I suspect there will be a red face or two in the dev team regarding that particular bug. I assume it is related to putting crab toss back into the rotation but I can’t see it being fixed in time for us to do it today.

PvE dailies should offer a choice of 5 or 6 tasks rather than the 4 we have now.

And they should make the events region specific, not map specific. I hate doing events where everyone is crammed into one sub 80 map and zergs are fighting over mobs that die in one hit, if you’re fast enough to get to the event before it’s over.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

• Activities were bugged today generally. That is bad luck, bad timing (and possibly bad QA), but doesn’t make it bad to include activities in dailies.
  • When I choose to do the PvE 4-event dailies, there is always a spot that I can camp that has 2-3 events that respawn within 5-10 minutes. Plus JPs now count for the event total, so aside from the extra travel/WP-usage, they really don’t take any longer than getting into place for a WB. (Definitely faster than Shattererererer.)

There are a few philosophical questions about dailies that people keep raising and maybe ANet should discuss them:
The main one is:
Should dailies be trivial? Or are they serving a purpose beyond rewarding frequent flyers (and so won’t always be)?

• If they are meant to be trivial, then shouldn’t they only include quickly-achievable goals? (That would exclude certain JPs, certain WBs, and maybe some 4-event maps.)
  • If they are meant to be trivial, why are there only 4 options for PvE-only players?
  • If they aren’t meant to be trivial, then why are so many so easily accomplished by farming a home instance or camping particular locations?
  • If they are meant to encourage people to try new things, then why do they include the sort of things that most people already do every day?

My personal feeling is that the login rewards already serve as the trivial component of frequent-flyer rewards and I’d prefer that dailies be a bit more interesting. At the same time, I confess that I like being able to finish dailies within 30 minutes, even if I’m not paying much attention.

tl;dr are dailies meant to be trivial? or are they meant to be something more? (and if so, what’s that “something”?) In the meantime, daily activities were bugged and some JPs are a lot more difficult than others.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I think the JP was broken. I got to the top today and didn’t get the daily either.

Something similar happened to me with the Griffonrook JP daily a couple days ago… got to the top, no credit… looked it up, and saw that I needed to carry a bomb… went back and grabbed the bomb and made my way back up… set the bomb at the chest… and boom: nothing.

~EW

Posted by: Lite Ning Strike.5203

Lite Ning Strike.5203

I always rotate between PvE, WvW, and PvP maps for dailies. I can usually complete the 3 required (more often more than 3) using all areas. Just an idea…

Thanks!!

The First and Only Blaq Sheep

Posted by: DeanBB.4268

DeanBB.4268

I poked at that JP in Malchor’s, saw that it was beyond my ability/frustration threshold, and moved on. I did the quick one (harvest?), then hopped into EotM and killed some guards, then did the four events. I’m sure it took me over an hour, but that’s just me. I stop to harvest nodes, hop into an event, run with the zerg in WvW a bit, etc.

EDIT I would love to see 6 PvE options each day. I venture into EotM when I have to, but would just as soon stay in the open PvE world.

(edited by DeanBB.4268)

Posted by: Dashingsteel.3410

Dashingsteel.3410

I much prefer JP’s as optional content. If they are going to start making JP’s a regular thing with the daily, we need more pve daily options.

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The daily completes after you insert the 12th orb.

Khisanth.2948

Something similar happened to me with the Griffonrook JP daily a couple days ago… got to the top, no credit… looked it up, and saw that I needed to carry a bomb… went back and grabbed the bomb and made my way back up… set the bomb at the chest… and boom: nothing.

~EW

I didn’t bother doing Griffonrook when it was up the other day so I can’t be 100% sure but for the normal achievement Griffonrook does not require the bomb. On the other hand the tripwire for the puzzle completion on Griffonrook is very poorly places. It is on the V shaped area formed by the rocks on the left of the chest instead of being on the chest.

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

I think Scavenger’s Chasm is a bad choice for a daily because it’s one that requires more than just jumping to the chest. So many people who had never done (or even heard of) this JP kept shouting that the JP completion was bugged because they didn’t realize they had to do an extra step (or 12 steps) to fully complete it.

As for the other dailies, today’s just ended up being an unlucky pull. Some of the activity NPCs suddenly decided to stop working (an obvious bug), and Master of Monuments didn’t convert to Master of Ruins (either a bug or an oversight on the part of Anet when they popped the Alpine borderlands back in). Having the dailies bug this much on one day has never happened as long as I’ve been doing dailies (or at least that I can remember). So, just hang in there; we’ll have better pulls for the next daily.

Edit: And you don’t have to run the bomb to get credit for Griffonrook (for daily or for the JP achievement). All you have to do is run up to the correct chest (not the first chest you come to).

(edited by RoseofGilead.8907)

Posted by: ekarat.1085

ekarat.1085

~EW

That’s because there is more than one chest. None of the JP dailies have yet been broken; however, people have gotten confused as to what to do, especially when there are multiple chests. If this happens again, you can try messaging the map to ask how to get credit.

The activity, on the other hand, was broken. So, it was a good day to try the PvP dailies instead.

DoctorDing.5890

• Activities were bugged today generally. That is bad luck, bad timing (and possibly bad QA), but doesn’t make it bad to include activities in dailies.

Actually, I think activities don’t belong in PvE dailies at all because they are not PvE. Players compete against players. That’ll be PvP then.

Can’t speak for the other modes but I think they just need to add one or two more options to the PvE. One of the HoT adventures that came up recently required a mastery to enter it, and not a trivial one at that. And although the World Boss one was never the quickest it did bring a whole host of random player together and generally had a good vibe about it. I kinda miss that.

Khisanth.2948

I think Scavenger’s Chasm is a bad choice for a daily because it’s one that requires more than just jumping to the chest. So many people who had never done (or even heard of) this JP kept shouting that the JP completion was bugged because they didn’t realize they had to do an extra step (or 12 steps) to fully complete it.

That depends on what you think the goal of the daily should be. If the goal is to lead players through all the content that the game has to offer then it is no better or worse than any other JP. If the goal give people some stuff they can quickly do for whatever then maybe not such a great choice . It will probably cycle through every JP in the game.

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

• When I choose to do the PvE 4-event dailies, there is always a spot that I can camp that has 2-3 events that respawn within 5-10 minutes. Plus JPs now count for the event total, so aside from the extra travel/WP-usage, they really don’t take any longer than getting into place for a WB. (Definitely faster than Shattererererer.)

There are a few philosophical questions about dailies that people keep raising and maybe ANet should discuss them:
The main one is:
Should dailies be trivial? Or are they serving a purpose beyond rewarding frequent flyers (and so won’t always be)?

• If they are meant to be trivial, then shouldn’t they only include quickly-achievable goals? (That would exclude certain JPs, certain WBs, and maybe some 4-event maps.)
  • If they are meant to be trivial, why are there only 4 options for PvE-only players?
  • If they aren’t meant to be trivial, then why are so many so easily accomplished by farming a home instance or camping particular locations?
  • If they are meant to encourage people to try new things, then why do they include the sort of things that most people already do every day?

My personal feeling is that the login rewards already serve as the trivial component of frequent-flyer rewards and I’d prefer that dailies be a bit more interesting. At the same time, I confess that I like being able to finish dailies within 30 minutes, even if I’m not paying much attention.

tl;dr are dailies meant to be trivial? or are they meant to be something more? (and if so, what’s that “something”?) In the meantime, daily activities were bugged and some JPs are a lot more difficult than others.

I’d say that dailies should be accomplished in under an hour. That’s enough commitment time to say “yes, I did something and got a reward” and not the old “omgomg I have to do ALL these things and it takes me 3 hours to finish” that some players put themselves through before. They’d spend most of their play time doing dailies and ignoring the rest of the game. So, yes, interesting dailies, in moderation.

We’re getting toward a good spot with dailies. Sort of. To echo something I’ve said for probably over a year, region event completion, not zone.
Region farming ought to be the more specific one, changed to zone farming, and use that as a tool to guide players to underplayed zones or rising material prices.

I’m seeing much less of “wait two hours for a specific boss” dailies, but those still aren’t good, especially when you still have to /wiki the event timer. There really ought to be an event recruiter in major cities to guide players toward the upcoming boss.

Actually, I think activities don’t belong in PvE dailies at all because they are not PvE. Players compete against players. That’ll be PvP then.

Been saying this for a while, too. I loathe Daily Activity because it’s PvP. It’s no fun unenergetically ‘trying’ for 5 minutes while some other player runs away with the game because he’s got 1000 games under his belt.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

(edited by Rauderi.8706)

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

That depends on what you think the goal of the daily should be. If the goal is to lead players through all the content that the game has to offer then it is no better or worse than any other JP. If the goal give people some stuff they can quickly do for whatever then maybe not such a great choice . It will probably cycle through every JP in the game.

True enough. And yeah, it’s going to cycle through all of the JPs probably.

gethane.1234

I did decide this morning to run into WvW quick and got my dailies that way. I’m a new WvW player, though, so that didn’t occur to me at first.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

Now that dailies give a guaranteed two gold, I don’t know that they should be easy. Particularly because everyone has the ability to jump into one of the PvP daily rooms and get two of them for no effort at all anyway.

Posted by: EphemeralWallaby.7643

EphemeralWallaby.7643

I didn’t bother doing Griffonrook when it was up the other day so I can’t be 100% sure but for the normal achievement Griffonrook does not require the bomb. On the other hand the tripwire for the puzzle completion on Griffonrook is very poorly places. It is on the V shaped area formed by the rocks on the left of the chest instead of being on the chest.

That’s because there is more than one chest. None of the JP dailies have yet been broken; however, people have gotten confused as to what to do, especially when there are multiple chests. If this happens again, you can try messaging the map to ask how to get credit.

I’ll remember both your advice next time Griffonrook comes up, thank you. It was an interesting JP to try regardless… and after I (and my roommate) gave up on it we just went and slaughtered Inquest in Metrica Province for the daily events with just a little more fervor than usual.

Those poor, poor Inquest kittens…
>shakes head<

~EW

Posted by: Jhoul.6923

Jhoul.6923

If you have gliding this JP is SUPER easy!

Just go to the highest part (higher than the chests) and glide your way to the highest Orb, then just glide your way from top to bottom getting the 12 Orbs.

Return to the chests and done.

Posted by: Elden Arnaas.4870

Elden Arnaas.4870

I think that the easy, practical solution is more options for dailies. The daily system is already flexible enough for more tabs and more options(we’ve seen up to 6 per category) to be added.

More options would mean more satisfied players, and less unsatisfied players.(Though we’ll never see complaints go away completely, that’s just human nature) It would also mean bugged dailies are less critical.

re: Now that dailies give a guaranteed two gold, I don’t know that they should be easy. – Who here is asking for them to be easy? And why do people think that asking for more choice is asking for them to be easier? It’s to appeal to a broader audience, which is good business sense.

re: Now that dailies give a guaranteed two gold, I don’t know that they should be easy. – There are easier ways to make money. This argument holds little weight. Dailies aren’t a great way to make money.

Once again, I see no good or valid argument against having more choices available for dailies.(Meaning 3 out of 5, or 3 out of 6, maybe more if the system will support that many without having to be modified)
<edit, typo>

(edited by Elden Arnaas.4870)

Ayrilana.1396

I think that the easy, practical solution is more options for dailies. The daily system is already flexible enough for more tabs and more options(we’ve seen up to 6 per category) to be added.

More options would mean more satisfied players, and less unsatisfied players.(Though we’ll never see complaints go away completely, that’s just human nature) It would also mean bugged dailies are less critical.

re: Now that dailies give a guaranteed two gold, I don’t know that they should be easy. – Who here is asking for them to be easy? And why do people think that asking for more choice is asking for them to be easier? It’s to appear to a broader audience, which is good business sense.

re: Now that dailies give a guaranteed two gold, I don’t know that they should be easy. – There are easier ways to make money. This argument holds little weight. Dailies aren’t a great way to make money.

Once again, I see no good or valid argument against having more choices available for dailies.(Meaning 3 out of 5, or 3 out of 6, maybe more if the system will support that many without having to be modified)

Maybe add in a specific dungeon path as fifth option.

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: Maybe add in a specific dungeon path as fifth option. – Thank you for bringing up the needless specificity, which is also a problem. I didn’t harp on that this time, so that’s what I get. :/

We need more options, that are less specific for dailies. Region gatherer/events/etc… instead of map specific ones. Any World Boss, any mini dungeon, any jumping puzzle.

Why overcrowd certain specific areas? This is especially bad when the event daily is in a starter area. It badly overloads starter maps, and I would imagine it makes things very frustrating for new players.(Isn’t this why Anet said nerfed the Queensdale Champ Train?) I would imagine zergs makes mini dungeons not very fun, and probably also create issues in jumping puzzles.

Ayrilana.1396

re: Maybe add in a specific dungeon path as fifth option. – Thank you for bringing up the needless specificity, which is also a problem. I didn’t harp on that this time, so that’s what I get. :/

We need more options, that are less specific for dailies. Region gatherer/events/etc… instead of map specific ones. Any World Boss, any mini dungeon, any jumping puzzle.

Why overcrowd certain specific areas? This is especially bad when the event daily is in a starter area. It badly overloads starter maps, and I would imagine it makes things very frustrating for new players.(Isn’t this why Anet said nerfed the Queensdale Champ Train?) I would imagine zergs makes mini dungeons not very fun, and probably also create issues in jumping puzzles.

I disagree about less specific as it just turns it into a secondary login reward system. Rather than do specific content, they would just go with what is the quickest. Any JP, well they’ll do the ogre one in LA and only that one.

Players currently have 12 choices for which 3 daily achievements that they wish to do. They can skip the ones that they do not feel like doing but need to remember that any reduction in available choices would be entirely their own doing.

(edited by Ayrilana.1396)

Posted by: Aerinndis.2730

Aerinndis.2730

~EW

You don’t need the bomb to get credit for that jumping puzzle. I have done it many times without the bomb and gotten credit for it for the monthlies we used to do. The bomb just allows you to loot the chest (and others if they are present). There was another chest you could loot part way up instead.

I think this current puzzle was a bad choice in that it is not really clear that you need to collect the 12 orbs in order to loot the chest which in turn gives you the daily achieve. This was one of the last jumping puzzles I did because of the close camera angles which made jumping/viewing difficult and even any of the walkthroughs of this puzzle were a bit confusing for me to find the orbs. Overall I was glad I did it but I have not been back because it was more frustrating than challenging.

Antre of Adjournment would have been a better choice as it has a bit of challenge but has some nice rewards along the way.

Elden Arnaas.4870

re: I disagree about less specific as it just turns it into a secondary login reward system. – You’ll need to elaborate on that, instead of tossing it out there like it sells itself. The login reward system only requires that you log in. You don’t even have to play at all. Eventually you may need to start claiming chests, so they don’t stack up too much.(Can anyone confirm how many reward chests will stack without causing issues?)

More specific dailies means overcrowding, clogging up (overly) specific events, areas, and places. This is bad. It makes those specific events/areas/places over crowded and less appealing. And can make it harder to accomplish the objective.(and certainly less fun) Having a well populated area is one thing, over populating an area is quite a different thing. We need more options, that are less specific for dailies.

DoctorDing.5890

If you are only doing the dailies for the 2 gold then you can earn that more quickly just gathering hardwood and platinum somewhere like Sparkfly Fen. Just 7 hardwood nodes or 11 plat nodes will get you 1 gold at “instant sell” TP price.

And I quite like the crazy zerg daily event map, even if it means you miss some of the quicker events.

Ayrilana.1396

re: I disagree about less specific as it just turns it into a secondary login reward system. – You’ll need to elaborate on that, instead of tossing it out there like it sells itself. The login reward system only requires that you log in. You don’t even have to play at all. Eventually you may need to start claiming chests, so they don’t stack up too much.(Can anyone confirm how many reward chests will stack without causing issues?)

More specific dailies means overcrowding, clogging up (overly) specific events, areas, and places. This is bad. It makes those specific events/areas/places over crowded and less appealing. And can make it harder to accomplish the objective.(and certainly less fun) Having a well populated area is one thing, over populating an area is quite a different thing. We need more options, that are less specific for dailies.

Could you please quote the post as it makes it easier to dintiquish the post you’re referring to and your own?

What I meant with the above is that it turns pretty much into a secondary login system. The difference being that you’re rewarded passively by playing. The purpose of the current iteration of the daily system was to get players to try other things outside of their routine.

This doesn’t have to be between game modes such as WvW and PvP. It can be within the modes themselves which is why you see a whole new slew of possible achievements for PvE. It’s unfortunately a little difficult to do the same for the other two modes.

It’s only very crowded right at reset but then it evens out and becomes pretty nice. I did map completion this past month and it was nice to see people out on a map doing events, calling them out, and helping others that needed it. At no time did I see anyone struggling to get events as everyone was working together. This was often a few hours after reset.

Posted by: penelopehannibal.8947

penelopehannibal.8947

I like Jumping Puzzles being included in the daily rotation. I think though, we need a bigger pool of dailies to choose from.

Blood & Merlot [Wine]

Khisanth.2948

re: Now that dailies give a guaranteed two gold, I don’t know that they should be easy. – Who here is asking for them to be easy? And why do people think that asking for more choice is asking for them to be easier? It’s to appear to a broader audience, which is good business sense.

Then there is the issue of why none of the fractal dailies count for the daily …

Ayrilana.1396

Then there is the issue of why none of the fractal dailies count for the daily …

There is a fractal daily that occasionally shows up. They don’t include the other dailies as they’re meant to replace the daily pop up chests that we found at the end of a fractal. There’s also the two specfically for the legendary.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

I always rotate between PvE, WvW, and PvP maps for dailies. I can usually complete the 3 required (more often more than 3) using all areas. Just an idea…

Thanks!!

Great mechanic for those that like and participate in all three types. For those others that dislike and don’t play PvE and WvW, not so much.

Posted by: Ohoni.6057

Ohoni.6057

I think it’s fine for anything to be in the dailies, but they need more options, so that if two or more of the dailies are broken or overly complicated, there are other things you can do instead (without having to go into the Mists).

“If you spent as much time working on [some task] as
you spend complaining about it on the forums, you’d be
done by now.”

Ayrilana.1396

You have twelve options with likely even more during festivals.

Edit:

How about the following set:

• Daily Ascalon Miner
  • Daily Straits of Devastation Event Completer
  • Daily Silverwastes Jumping Puzzle
  • Daily Kryta Vista
  • Daily Slay 5 Veterans – Maguuma
  • Daily Fractal Completer (Complete any two unique fractals)
  • Daily Dungeon Completer – Arah (Complete any path)

Now there’s a 75% increase in PvE daily achievements giving you more choices.

Posted by: Tumult.2578

Tumult.2578

Jumping Puzzles should not be part of the dailies until we have the clear usable ability to control when our gliders stow and open.

Posted by: Mea.5491

Mea.5491

I just hop into EotM and do the WvW dailies which are basically PvE tasks. The extra tomes for WvW ranks are nice too. If that’s not enough, I do one more easy PvE daily.
I avoid JPs like the plague, lol.

Elden Arnaas.4870

Edit:

• Daily Ascalon Miner
  • Daily Kryta Vista

That’s a much better selection, and I think most everyone could find 3 choices out of those, even if they only play PvE. Though I wonder why you made most everything except events region based, while you made events map specific.

(re: Quoting posts- Now that I see how “quote” works, I realize that I can still compose in a text editor offline and copy back to the forum. I don’s know how well it will work with long and/or complicated posts, though.)

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

If you’re talking about Scavenger’s Chasm specifically, I went through it last night with a guild-mate and had an odd issue with it. She was able to open the largest chest with only 5 of the 6 orbs required for some reason. Finally realized that the 6th one hadn’t been put in, and got the daily achieve once that was done.
Not sure if that’s what is happening with others, but figured it was worth mentioning.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: drunkenpilot.9837

drunkenpilot.9837

These dailies are not hard to do. If you don’t want to spend the time to run through a JP, or if you aren’t able to complete the JP for that day, do a different daily. There are more than enough easy options that you can complete your daily with little effort.

If you don’t want to or are for some reason unable to complete the PvE dailies, go into WvW and do the easy dailies there. If you absolutely refuse to set foot in WvW, go into PvP and join a daily server where people on both teams cooperate to quickly get the dailies finished (there are tons of these servers, takes but a moment to find one).

And if you just straight up refuse to do any of the dailies for some reason, well, I’m sorry but that’s entirely your decision. You only have to complete 3 to get the daily meta and 10AP, and the loot offered for each individual achieve is minimal. No one is forcing you to do anything, and it truly is not necessary to complete each and every daily on each and every day.

These are not difficult achievements, and I really dislike the idea of making them even easier because a vocal minority of folks just don’t want to do them.

“I don’t want to do this thing! Remove it from the game, for everyone. I don’t care if others enjoy it.” <— this is the general sentiment I’m reading in most of the complaints here.

Ayrilana.1396

Edit:

• Daily Ascalon Miner
  • Daily Kryta Vista

That’s a much better selection, and I think most everyone could find 3 choices out of those, even if they only play PvE. Though I wonder why you made most everything except events region based, while you made events map specific.

(re: Quoting posts- Now that I see how “quote” works, I realize that I can still compose in a text editor offline and copy back to the forum. I don’s know how well it will work with long and/or complicated posts, though.)

I went with the current format which is why you see events map based. I don’t personally see a reason for that to be different from how it already is.

If any other changes were to be made, it would be that all of the daily gathering and vista achievements be based on the same region as the event completer zone. That way the daily could be completed in a single zone.

Posted by: Blude.6812

Blude.6812

Edit:

• Daily Ascalon Miner
  • Daily Kryta Vista

PvE only! Fractal and dungeons don’t count, and didn’t have the same choices that you provided. Yesterday—daily activity that you couldn’t access cause NPC was broken, Chasm jumping puzzle and an event that wasn’t in you list.
In the PVE tab you have 4 only.

Ayrilana.1396

Edit:

• Daily Ascalon Miner
  • Daily Kryta Vista

PvE only! Fractal and dungeons don’t count

Fractals and dungeons are PvE so they count. You cannot discount them simply because you don’t like them.

and didn’t have the same choices that you provided. Yesterday—daily activity that you couldn’t access cause NPC was broken, Chasm jumping puzzle and an event that wasn’t in you list.
In the PVE tab you have 4 only.

I don’t even understand what your point is with this.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

I think it would be helpful for people to first outline their philosophy about what purpose Dailies serve, in terms of gameplay, frequent player rewards, and/or the community. I am sure that a lot of the differences in suggested dailies are because people disagree about the fundamentals.

For example, I think Login Rewards already provide a benefit for just showing up. So, I think Dailies ought to be a reward for a more substantive effort. So, my ‘requirements’ would be:

• There should be two (and only two) super easy dailies in each mode (e.g. vistas, gathering, pvp reward, wvw dolyak, wvw spender).
  • The third daily should encourage us to visit new maps, try new things.
  • The fourth should be the same, but be curated to ensure it’s not all that difficult for folks new to the mechanic.

The results:

• Anyone who does everything in the game can always earn their 10 AP/2g from 3+ trivial options.
  • Everyone gets two trivials in their preferred game mode.
  • For those with a preferred game mode, it will still be possible to finish Dailies within 30-60 minutes, since the first two are so easy.

This allows Dailies to be somewhat more interesting than just another type of logon reward, without putting a huge burden on players with narrow preferences.

The third one then becomes a stretch goal.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”