Something to consider

Something to consider

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Ace.1726

Ace.1726

There is a lot of negativity in this forum. People forget that the people that develop this game are real people. The people that read these forums are real people that work hard to develop this game and it can’t be easy to process all the negativity that is just not needed.

There’s a difference between constructive criticism and just trying to be insulting. I think people need to calm down and think about what they post. I think Arenanet is very lenient with what goes on in these forums.

Have you ever had a job where you receive a boatload of abuse from a customer? Well the internet gives a way for people to do this in spades.

2013, be less negative and more useful posts? Please, that would be nice.

Something to consider

Posted by: phooka.4295

phooka.4295

Areanant currently receives a lot of flak for theit actions. Actions that basically say “if we kitten up, you’ll pay for it.”

Players have agreed to TOS that basically say that ArenaNet can at any time permaban them for any or no reason at all. Players agree to such TOS because they’re commonplayce and the unspoken agreement it, that the gaming companies feel they have to reserve those rights for legal reasons but won’t use them unless in legal conflicts or for the worst of offenses.

ArenaNet has just demonstrated that all the time and effort spent in the game can at any moment evaporate. I’m not a crafter. I was not affected. However, I can completely understand how people would think that this time-limited (and thus limited in volume of ectos created due to the limited supply of snowflakes) crafting item was indeed introduced to bring down the inflated prices of ectos a bit.

Had I been a crafter and had I been aware of this, I might have fallen into this trap as well.

Bottom line is that seemingly normal actions can get you permabanned in this game. This is a unique feature of GW2, in no other MMO I know have permabans for company-mistakes been issued and issued so easily. Therefore, I highly doubt I will waste more time (let alone money) on GW2. After all, it could all be taken away any moment when the next mistake they make is labelled an exploit.

(edited by phooka.4295)

Something to consider

Posted by: Bastion.2457

Bastion.2457

Areanant currently receives a lot of flak for theit actions. Actions that basically say “if we kitten up, you’ll pay for it.”

Players have agreed to TOS that basically say that ArenaNet can at any time permaban them for any or no reason at all. Players agree to such TOS because they’re commonplayce and the unspoken agreement it, that the gaming companies feel they have to reserve those rights for legal reasons but won’t use them unless in legal conflicts or for the worst of offenses.

ArenaNet has just demonstrated that all the time and effort spent in the game can at any moment evaporate. I’m not a crafter. I was not affected. However, I can completely understand how people would think that this time-limited (and thus limited in volume of ectos created due to the limited supply of snowflakes) crafting item was indeed introduced to bring down the inflated prices of ectos a bit.

Had I been a crafter and had I been aware of this, I might have fallen into this trap as well.

Bottom line is that seemingly normal actions can get you permabanned in this game. This is a unique feature of GW2, in no other MMO I know have permabans for company-mistakes been issued and issued so easily. Therefore, I highly doubt I will waste more time (let alone money) on GW2. After all, it could all be taken away any moment when the next mistake they make is labelled an exploit.

All wrong. Sorry mate, you clearly haven’t played any other MMo’s then.

Something to consider

Posted by: Ryltair.2857

Ryltair.2857

That’s a very healthy new years resolution.

Something to consider

Posted by: nethykins.7986

nethykins.7986

That’s assuming that all negative posts are not useful. However, if you look at the professions threads (Probably besides guardian and Warrior), negative based threads are all over the place, but a lot are filled with viable, useful, level-headed means of solving the kittenty stuff in game that the dev’s have happily overlooked during all the BWE’s and first 4 months of the game.

Even a “We hate Trahearne” thread exists, and is still going strong. Negative views on a subject WITH constructive criticism is the only thing that will save GW2, since they seemed to be working within a bubble when it comes to some design choices.

Something to consider

Posted by: TWMagimay.9057

TWMagimay.9057

There’s a difference between constructive criticism and just trying to be insulting. I think people need to calm down and think about what they post. I think Arenanet is very lenient with what goes on in these forums.

You are new to the forum, aren’t you?

Have you ever had a job where you receive a boatload of abuse from a customer? Well the internet gives a way for people to do this in spades.

Yes, I have. And, guess what, I was getting paid to deal with it. Just like the people who read the forum.