Please tell us when!!!!!

SAB or RIOT

Soon™ Release Date

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Guhracie.3419

Guhracie.3419

O’Brien told us when.

When it’s ready.

“Be angry about legendary weapons, sure, but what about the recent drought of content?”
-Mike O’Brien
Because we can’t be angry about both?

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Ezeriel.9574

Ezeriel.9574

not soon enough….

The only way to play the engineer is to exploit it.
Playing the engineer “as intended” is simply not viable.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: flipyap.5789

flipyap.5789

I know he said"when it’s ready" last time we got fed that we wait another 2 years for the launch of the game.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

6 weeks till there is a playable DEMO

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Gummy.4278

Gummy.4278

the Twitch feed was filled with incorrect statements of people saying ""holy moly we get the Xpac in six weeks. wow!"" its only Playable if you can goto the event …….How About you let us download a Demo Client like we did during Gw2 beta and let ALL OF US that have a copy of the game TRY THE DEMO/BETA!!!!!!

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: caveman.5840

caveman.5840

a dev commented on it in the HOT forum … the title is called 6 weeks

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Rym.1469

Rym.1469

I bet it will happen before September.

But the whole waiting now just sucks. Dat Ritualist!

[rude]Antagonistka – Revenant, EU.
[SALT]Natchniony – Necromancer, EU.
Streams: http://www.twitch.tv/rym144

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Elric.6971

Elric.6971

I know he said"when it’s ready" last time we got fed that we wait another 2 years for the launch of the game.

Given the state we GOT the game in, I’m perfectly happy to let them take their time and release it when it genuinely is ready.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Wetpaw.3487

Wetpaw.3487

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was a fall, early winter release for marketing, physical buy, and holidays.

Anytime before that would be great too

JQ Druid

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

the Twitch feed was filled with incorrect statements of people saying ""holy moly we get the Xpac in six weeks. wow!"" its only Playable if you can goto the event …….How About you let us download a Demo Client like we did during Gw2 beta and let ALL OF US that have a copy of the game TRY THE DEMO/BETA!!!!!!

They might do that later on, when it’s closer to release. If I remember correctly there was a playable demo of the main game at conventions a few months (or maybe even years?) before the beta, but then they let everyone who pre-ordered play.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

Rumor has it around the 10th Anniversary, but it’s more likely whenever it’s ready.

Gone to Reddit.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

My bet: this spring.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Hybarf Tics.2048

Hybarf Tics.2048

At worst my guess is Pax East first Beta try out for the rest of us maybe a week or 2 later. By now it’s the 3rd week of March and we might log into the Beta for the first time, 4 or 5 weeks later we are at the April 28th’s 10th anniversary of GW, an ideal date for Heart of Thorns release I’d say. No it won’t be fall or winter because with Anet beta has never lasted 6 months and besides Mike also said after Pax East things will happen pretty fast and quote. Don’t believe I suggest you re-listen to the interview.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

They said beta very end of March, like the 28th…

I think it will be a end of August to October 2015 (sales wise this is the best time of year to release any new game/expansion) release date, assuming no major delay.

Don’t hold your breath basically…

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Decrypter.1785

Decrypter.1785

Pretty sure full game release will be Q 3 2015 , beta in a few months prolly

[WM]give us in game ladder

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

When the hype starts to die, they will tease a release date just to reignite it. If I had a nickle for every time people have done that…

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Team Socket.4068

Team Socket.4068

with no official release date my guess is no sooner than summer but much more likely Christmas

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: LinkR.6190

LinkR.6190

I just hope we get at least some new content in between the wait if it’s truly many months away. Blizzard pulls that crap way too often and I hope Anet can be better than that.

Soon™ Release Date

Hybarf Tics.2048

How long was Beta at launch? Because you can bet your Tengu fried wings it’ll be shorter for an expansion.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Donari.5237

Donari.5237

Beta was three weekends over a couple of months, and a number of “stress test” weekends. As I recall we restarted our characters for each BWE but then got to keep them for the stress tests. The first BWE was in April 2012; launch was that August, and the announcement of the date came in … June?

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Wynne.3908

Wynne.3908

It seems fairly obvious they have been working on this for a long time. Some of the stuff being released in the expansion has been talked about for years. Being that a playable demo will be out in 6 weeks, my bet is on an April 28th release.

I don’t know if there will be a public beta for HoT. I sorta feel like LS season 2 was the beta.

Soon™ Release Date

Hybarf Tics.2048

It seems fairly obvious they have been working on this for a long time. Some of the stuff being released in the expansion has been talked about for years. Being that a playable demo will be out in 6 weeks, my bet is on an April 28th release.

I don’t know if there will be a public beta for HoT. I sorta feel like LS season 2 was the beta.

This is also what I think for the most part.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Paffus Piffus.9430

Paffus Piffus.9430

Those leaked revenue forecasts predicted a bump in Q3, I reckon it will release near the end of Q2

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

Rethmar Stokestrike.1927

August of 2017.

GS Berzerker Builds: Making Wammo style Warriors cry since 2012.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Lord Wolfbane I V.7628

Lord Wolfbane I V.7628

My (wrong) guess for the expansion is a release date on August 31st (this year) and a preview weekend on 29/30 for that that preordered .
Basing that purely on the new campaign release dates from GW1

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Serval.6458

Serval.6458

If it’s more than a few months, what will they release living story wise between now and then?

It would be quite odd to have all the biconics and us just looking for Caithe for a few months and ignoring the departure and disappearance of the Pact’s entire air fleet, Marshal and Destiny’s Edge members.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Walhalla.5473

Walhalla.5473

Those leaked revenue forecasts predicted a bump in Q3, I reckon it will release near the end of Q2

This or at the Beginning of Q3. You don’t expect a bump until you are planning to release th Expansion at this time. I would say we will get HoT in July or August.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Carlin Sanders.3587

Carlin Sanders.3587

did anyone else notice the artwork for a heli-carrier guild hall? or am I going crazy? o-o

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: sorudo.9054

sorudo.9054

GW2 beta was in april with several stress tests every 2-3 weeks, i don’t think an expansion needs that long to test tho…..

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: muckshifter.9731

muckshifter.9731

August 2016

……………………….

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Moldur.6275

Moldur.6275

So many people suggesting Q3 because you read it from that korean investment company, they suck and will always do, get new arguments for the release date or simply agree with it being for this spring.
Argument: Anet’s policy to announce content in a nearly finished state.

Soon™ Release Date

Hybarf Tics.2048

So many people suggesting Q3 because you read it from that korean investment company, they suck and will always do, get new arguments for the release date or simply agree with it being for this spring.
Argument: Anet’s policy to announce content in a nearly finished state.

This, you can bet the first beta demo to be on March 6th and most likely a release in time for the 10th GW anniversary.

Soon™ Release Date

Posted by: Naus the Gobbo.5172

Naus the Gobbo.5172

It will be in the third quarter of this year.

That’s when the report said they were expecting a huge amount of money.

What we do in life echoes in eternity
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6zkT2uZAGA – GW2 – A world of wonder