Sooo where's the precursor crafting???

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Mustafa.7684

Mustafa.7684

Its the end of the year and if I remember correctly we should have gotten to a point where we were able to craft our precursor.

We were told from time to time from Colin himself that it would be released at the end of the year. As Anet have stated there will be no more game releases until the end of January 2014!

I have been waiting for this feature for a very long time now as I dont want to spend 600 gold and purchase the colloses but now I feel like I should have started to save my money and just bought it instead.

Here look at this sad kitty… hope you feel bad about yourselves.

Attachments:

Posted by: thefantasticg.3984

thefantasticg.3984

Pretty sure I remember a “might be” or “may be” released, nothing definite.

RNG is a bell curve. Better hope you’re on the right side.

Posted by: Redenaz.8631

Redenaz.8631

A few things on our list of projects for 2013 will be extended into 2014 as we continue to revise, test, and polish to ensure we put out features we think are the best for the game in the long run.

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/living-world-2013-the-year-in-review/

Of course, precursor crafting is almost certain to be expensive, and, if it’s not, there’s the matter of upgrading it to legendary, so if that’s something you’re looking forward to, you should probably be saving up some coin anyway. =P

~The Storyteller – Elementalist – Jade Quarry~

Posted by: Protoavis.9107

Protoavis.9107

The crafting will likely cost several hundred gold, Colin has stated he doesn’t want to devalue the current precursors market value. I dunno why people think it’s going to be cheaper.

Let us buy vendor mats (eg spools of thread) in 250 stacks, end the excessive clicking.

Posted by: Neural.1824

Neural.1824

Precursor crafting was pushed out until 2014, and the wording Colin has used indicates that precursor crafting will most likely only be available for precursors required for yet to be released legendaries.

Do not get stuck on the idea that you’ll ever be able to craft The Legend or The Lover, etc.

Where are my gem sales? I want gem sales! Nerf EVERYTHING!

Posted by: Nike.2631

Nike.2631

I’ve read pretty plausible speculation that the “crafted” precursors will only include precursors for a new second wave of legendary weapons. The old one would retain their full market value while the new ones could be made or acquired as random drops/Mystic Forge outputs.

If that’s true they’d need to finish the art for the second wave before introducing the crafting process.

“You keep saying ‘its unfair.’
I wonder what your basis for comparison is…”
- Jareth, King of Goblins.

Posted by: Umut.5471

Umut.5471

And where’s new legendaries? I’m waiting them for my necro. (though i don’t have hope for serious, evil looking legendaries)

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Really? I assumed they actually meant next year as in Fall 2014 or something.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: TheJokester.4672

TheJokester.4672

Yea I was kind of excited hearing about new legendaraies near the end of the first quarter. guess we can’t always get what we want like Tengu and Cantha just sit back with popcorn and watch some of the ragers about many things then we may see it one day.