Sooooo.... Grenth? What?!

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: eye floater.7140

eye floater.7140

The portals. They cover the entire floor. If you try to dodge, you will roll into another portal and wipe. My server got him down to 75% hp somehow. Seriously though, the ENTIRE floor is filled with 1-hit portals. How are you supposed to dodge this?

Posted by: Flasheart.2098

Flasheart.2098

whatever they did to Grenth made him impossible to beat

Posted by: Kalrisver.2679

Kalrisver.2679

Same thing happened to my server, on the attempt I was there about 20 of us ran in and barely anyone got close to the priest before the entire floor was covered with red circles and promptly wiped (not downed, but instant 1 shot defeated) in about 10 seconds. Most of us didn’t even get to do anything. Was kind of a “What just happened?” moment.

Might have to do with the scaling for more players they put in.

Posted by: morrolan.9608

morrolan.9608

They’ve rolled back the combo killer daily achievement obviously they need to rollback this as well.

Jade Quarry [SoX]
Miranda Zero – Ele / Twitch Zero – Mes / Chargrin Soulboom – Engi
Aliera Zero – Guardian / Reaver Zero – Necro

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Grenth throws me up in the air some times, saying “ayo, imma one shot you”.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Posted by: Substance E.4852

Substance E.4852

Well, it is the god of death. Painful, frustrating death.

Connection error(s) detected. Retrying…

Posted by: Zogyark.4597

Zogyark.4597

i think those circles were meant to put you in downed state, but since it’s buggy and you go in the air the fall kills you instead.

Necromancer Lupicus Solo – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWkSkhmWiDU

Retired Until Expansion or Meaningful Content is Released.

eye floater.7140

maybe this update will fix it >>

eye floater.7140

nope, just crash fixes. kittenmit.

Posted by: Katreyn.4218

Katreyn.4218

I was wondering what happened. Everyone just literally fell through the world then the sky and then everyone was dead :S Quite strange indeed.

Posted by: Errant Venture.9371

Errant Venture.9371

Yep, portals filled 2/3 of the room and one shot people. Nearly impossible to dodge (let alone see) the circles with the choppiness of having 20+ players spamming particle effects in one room. Le sigh.

The Battle Bakery [vPie]

Posted by: Raine.1394

Raine.1394

They wanted to make Orr easier and I guess it’s easiest if there is no reason to even try—problem solved.

Posted by: Zapan.7460

Zapan.7460

Did the insta death happen to anyone that used the “Updated the visual appearance of the portals to Grenth’s domain and the effect applied to players who step in.” and gets what was an aura like the Shades had. I’ve not seen the new one and if the shades and aura are the same as before. You know, the old two portals that made one capable of doing damage to the Shades.
I’ve got to head there next to see these changes…

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

Yeah, I don’t even know what happened. I didn’t even have time to look at the mechanics. I ran in to the portal for the shades at the side, walked a few feet towards the priest, a red circle appears and suddenly I fall through the sky and die. Wut. Is that an intentional mechanic of the red circles to instakill you when the entire floor of the room is covered in them?

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Posted by: Fizzlepip.5218

Fizzlepip.5218

Happened for us the first time and nobody went back.

We got lucky, though, as a few Rangers that got teleported up ended up in the rafters and were able to pew the priest from above. This got him to 50ish%… before the rest of us wiped (for many this wasn’t the first time we insta-died) entirely and he moved in to kill Jonez.

Not sure why they a) felt the need to change anything and b) didn’t see this coming when they did.

Ink The Stained, Fizzlepip, Playground Bullies [SNFU]
Darkhaven
…beware the unicorns.

Zapan.7460

oooh so many red circles!! wow! red circles priority attention during fight. We got 1st wave of Shades dead, but the circles wiped so many of our large zerg. (dragonbrand)

Posted by: Fuzakal.6432

Fuzakal.6432

yeah happened to me but with 20+ players
the AOE dmg is insane and it’s covering the whole area

Attachments:

Posted by: Nappychappy.7046

Nappychappy.7046

This game has the worst boss mechanics, did they give this crap to every temple boss?

So stupid, shame on you Anet, for copy-pasta laziness.

You are using 21 of 100 infractions ermm, PMs.

Posted by: Chessrook.8643

Chessrook.8643

yeah happened to me but with 20+ players
the AOE dmg is insane and it’s covering the whole area

O_O By the six gods, the seven reapers, the eternal alchemy, the Claw of the Khan Ur, the Great Spirits, the Eternal Alchemy, and the Pale Tree….

…………HOW ON EARTH DID SOR BEAT THAT?!

Posted by: Fuzakal.6432

Fuzakal.6432

O_O By the six gods, the seven reapers, the eternal alchemy, the Claw of the Khan Ur, the Great Spirits, the Eternal Alchemy, and the Pale Tree….

…………HOW ON EARTH DID SOR BEAT THAT?!

I don’t know. This boss is WAY Overpowered if you asked me. I just get not 3 or 2 hits but 1 hit instant death. Man it’s so fun….NOT! WTH is this? why is the mechanism of this boss broken?

Posted by: phabby.8945

phabby.8945

yep lol on sos we finnaly, after prob 40 guys lying on the floor dead, got him killed and for omg wait for it 3 greens.
I put a thread in the game bug section hopefully they can have a look at this.

trying to rez someone is even more fun, if you survived the RED CIRCLE OF DEATH , lol, and got to someone to res the circle appears, you TRY and break rez, and wooohoo you laying next to the guy that was dead going LOL LOL.

Really bad and for some reason the necro’s can’t use sig of undeath to rez3 ppl .

heres hoping we get an answer and better drop rate from the chest 3 greens just don’t cut the repair bill

Posted by: wildcode.5403

wildcode.5403

I was just hit for 6,142 damage … 8 times … I did goto downed state for less than a second …

Also noticing that the ice shards that fall down, have double, maybe tripple, red circles …

(edited by wildcode.5403)

Posted by: George Welch.4019

George Welch.4019

SoR beat him with little to no problems once our server organized and fought together.

Attachments:

Zapan.7460

I also had no damage to my gear after falling from the ceiling to my death many times (in the 8 times fighting Grenth). I dodged the little circles easy enough, some of the large swirling circles too, but other large circles, it seemed to instantly drop me with no chance to dodge.
Grats to SoR!

Posted by: fellyn.5083

fellyn.5083

Well on the bright side you don’t have to worry about people not killing the shades anymore. Looks like the fight doesn’t even last long enough for that to happen. lol

Posted by: Christos de Soufre.3802

Christos de Soufre.3802

“SUFFER MORTALS, AS YOUR PATHETIC GAME DESIGN BETRAAAYS YOUUUU!”

Old joke, but this is about how I feel. I mean, he’s killable, but it’s kind of insane how difficult it is to do so right now.

Chris “Dawnheart” Aerinoh — Revenant, Guardian — Blackgate