Sorry excuse for content.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Skorm.4897

Skorm.4897

Well i’ve dropped 1500+ hours into this game and im already bored. nothing to do. these living story patches are disappointing and give no motivation to continue playing this game. Where in gw1 i sunk in endless hours. WvW seasons another sorry excuse for actual content to play. Patches they said to release that never did, hence the 2hd double sigil fix, or class fixes that really need it. Whats wrong with this picture?

Posted by: Allanon.9072

Allanon.9072

In the future we will get everything just keep spending $ on gem store:)

Posted by: Riss.1536

Riss.1536

Good for you that you’re bored only after 1500+ hours.

Posted by: A R W E N.6895

A R W E N.6895

lol i got bored after 200h in Gw2, but I did not get bored after 2400h in Gw1

I love debate
[Kr] Dungeon Speedclear & Fractals
www.keep-running.fr

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

lol i got bored after 200h in Gw2, but I did not get bored after 2400h in Gw1

I don’t think I’ve played any single game that much which wasn’t an MMO I was paying for monthly. Not even if I add up all the different versions of Final Fantasy 4 I’ve played (all of them but the DS).

After 100 hours of most games I’m still tapping out for something fresh and different. Even GW2 I take breaks from often. Usually assisted by my work schedule

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

You have more than had your moneys worth…if you worked it out you probably payed Anet something like 10 cents an hour for your entertainment. Where else, other than computer games can you get that much entertainment value?

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

1500hours isnt particulary much for an MMO, if it would be a single player game it would be a lot, but for an MMO its not that good.
There used to be a time where you wouldnt get bored so fast of MMOs, but nowadays MMOs are too casual to offer longtime enjoyment for people who play more than 5 hours a week.

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

Posted by: Skorm.4897

Skorm.4897

1500hours isnt particulary much for an MMO, if it would be a single player game it would be a lot, but for an MMO its not that good.
There used to be a time where you wouldnt get bored so fast of MMOs, but nowadays MMOs are too casual to offer longtime enjoyment for people who play more than 5 hours a week.

the lack of end game content is really upsetting.

Posted by: Spitwyld.1963

Spitwyld.1963

1500 hours! Considering there’s no monthly fee you got an amazing deal.

Be the change you want to see in the world.

Posted by: chemiclord.3978

chemiclord.3978

The sheer amount of entitlement in this thread… holy hell. Bored after ONLY 1500 hours. You POOR THING!

And Malediktus, 1500 hours is a ton of time, MMO or not. I understand you’re disappointed you didn’t get your GW1 with graphical upgrades, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

Posted by: Berelious.3290

Berelious.3290

Rub some bacon on it and it’ll be fine.

Corwin Grimjaw: Guardian (80)
Yak’s Bend Server
Crimethink [ct]

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Factor the game price by hours played and figure out what you paid per hour of game play. Now think about how many other forms of commercial entertainment you can get for the same price per hour. Okay, once you have done that you came up with, “Not many.” There you go.

The Burninator

Malediktus.9250

The sheer amount of entitlement in this thread… holy hell. Bored after ONLY 1500 hours. You POOR THING!

And Malediktus, 1500 hours is a ton of time, MMO or not. I understand you’re disappointed you didn’t get your GW1 with graphical upgrades, but that doesn’t make it any less true.

I got 5500 hours /age even, but I guess 1000-2000 of it are afk time.
But the only thing that keeps me playing is the lack of alternative games and the daily achievement grind lol.

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

Over 3300 h in the game and still not bored. I can keep me busy without hamster wheel. It seems other people need such a wheel.

There are nice things just around the corner. This week we will know first details and maybe even the release date.

Posted by: Darkobra.6439

Darkobra.6439

You’ve milked it. Move on.

Malediktus.9250

You’ve milked it. Move on.

An MMO is usually something you want to play for years. Its not like a single player game you finish after a few hours and uninstall.
If I wanted to play something where I have to move on all the time I could play Call of Duty or stuff like that.

Posted by: Flissy.4093

Flissy.4093

There are nice things just around the corner. This week we will know first details and maybe even the release date.

We know the release date for what nice things are around the corner – June 3rd.

Light Up the Darkness
“Dear ANet, nerf Paper, Scissors is fine. Sincerely, Rock”
Elysaurus | Warrior | [LOL] | League of the Legendary | Gandara (EU)

Posted by: Belenwyn.8674

Belenwyn.8674

June 3rd is where the thing will start to die.

Darkobra.6439

Then move on to another MMO that DOES cater to your needs. Plenty coming out very soon. Plenty out right now. No point suffering to prove a point.

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

1500 hours since release is like 2.5 hours a day. That’s more than 10% of your existence devoted to the game…

I honestly wouldn’t hope it’s too much more than that anyways.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Posted by: Allisa Wonderland.8192

Allisa Wonderland.8192

4500+ hr. Very little AFK. Not bored at all.

chemiclord.3978

Every so often, I am reminded about the absolutely absurd expectations (demands) some MMO players have for titles in the genre. I honestly think it is the ONLY genre of entertainment where 1500+ hours for $60 or so is considered by a good many to be a horrible disappointment.

Posted by: Stinja.9612

Stinja.9612

Odd so many people blindly come out and claim the op is entitled… tells them to move on they contribute nothing to the topic what so ever. What does the op expect from their mmo? How long do they want to be able to play an mmo ect.
Why is someone entitled for wanting the product they once enjoyed playing to get better so they can continue playing it? Whether you paid for the collectors edition or the basic edition the box price wasn’t set by you. Secondly you know nothing about how many gems and how much that player supported the game (possibly advertising it to friends so they’d buy copies as well) so as a whole refrain from labels in that aspect.
Some people may enjoy repeating the same content over and over each day and if they enjoy it that’s fine, but a good portion of mmo players expect new content that has last-ability and constantly telling them soon doesn’t cut it.
It’s not pay to play! Well so what there’s tons of games that are not pay to play that perk doesn’t really excuse the design choices that dont succeed or live up to expectations.

TL:DR Triple A is Triple A High standards should be present, Anet wants to set new standards in the mmo industry. Cost of admission doesnt equal how long you get to have fun just be nicer to fellow players voicing their frustrations with the game even if you don’t agree.

I may be harsh but i care deeply about the game.
Twitch→ (http://www.twitch.tv/phenomatron)

Posted by: Xillllix.3485

Xillllix.3485

Well, it does sound a bit harsh but I don’t blame the OP. Since EOTM no significant content was added, and EOTM was implemented in a way that does not reward players (no PPT, has no impact on score).

I cannot imagine what Anet is thinking, maybe they have an expansion coming out soon, but at the moment keeping long-term players doesn’t seem to be their main preoccupation. Many people in my guild already left…

chemiclord.3978

The problem exists when the “Triple A High standards” that fans have set are beyond reasonable.

What other game/entertainment genre would 1500+ hours for $60 be claimed as a disappointment and NOT get you laughed right out of the room?

“Yeah, that book I bought, I read it 1000 times. Total waste of my money.”

“I only watched that film 1200 times. I should be able to get my money back.”

“I can’t believe I spent $60 on that DVD set. I only watched it 700 times!”

“Guys, don’t waste your money on The Last of Us. It’s only good for about 1500 hours then you’ll be bored with it. Wait until it’s in the bargain bin.”

Does that sound stupid to you? It should.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Does that sound stupid to you? It should.

Yeah I know, who would buy The Last Of Us? They can’t even get the area around Austin right.

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Posted by: DusK.3849

DusK.3849

Well i’ve dropped 1500+ hours into this game and im already bored.

You got 1500+ hours into a $60 title and somehow that means it’s lacking content?

The definition of self-parody, everybody.

Like rock and metal remixes of video game music? Check out my site and get your headbang on!
Also, check out Hardcore Adventure Box: World 1, World 2, Lost Sessions
Main Character: Dathius Eventide | Say “hi” to the Tribulation Clouds for me. :)

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

There’s no shame in leaving a game you’re bored with to play another one. Check out some of the many other MMOs out there. New ones are always coming.

Posted by: Reanne.5462

Reanne.5462

Why do you base the quality of the game by its price? and not its content? A living breathing world should not get boring after living it once, when you reincarnate there should be new things to do and learn.

Posted by: Draknar.5748

Draknar.5748

Yea, I play every day and haven’t even broken 1200hrs. For a game you paid $60 for, I’d say you got your money’s worth and then some.

I love how someone can say, god this game is boring after the equivalent of 62.5 RL days of playing it. Yea that can happen lol. Play something else.

I won’t stop because I can’t stop.

It’s a medical condition, they say its terminal….

Posted by: Escadin.9482

Escadin.9482

1500 hours! Considering there’s no monthly fee you got an amazing deal.

I played terraria 3 times longer. Payed 1/10 of the price. What comes after amazing? There are 2 other mmo’s which were worth 10,000 hours each to me (no subscription). In comparison, there isn’t really much content in GW2. It’s well worth it’s money, but can’t compete with really excellent games.

(edited by Escadin.9482)

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

What’s wrong with this picture is someone who thinks ~4 cents an hour is not a good return for your money.

Posted by: Frotee.2634

Frotee.2634

Well i’ve dropped 1500+ hours into this game and im already bored. nothing to do. these living story patches are disappointing and give no motivation to continue playing this game. Where in gw1 i sunk in endless hours. WvW seasons another sorry excuse for actual content to play. Patches they said to release that never did, hence the 2hd double sigil fix, or class fixes that really need it. Whats wrong with this picture?

Now how about you give us some idea of what you would consider ‘not boring content’?

(Honestly though, 1500+ hours of entertainment for ~60$ is an amazing return on investment.)

Polka will never die

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

In GW1 i had over 3500 hours played. In GW2 i have played for 1200 hours.

Posted by: Slowpoke.2749

Slowpoke.2749

I love the people commenting “1500 hours for 60 dollars” without stopping to think for even one second. There’s a gem store. Looking at ncsoft’s financial report tells us that Guild Wars 2 made a lot of dough through the shop. A lot. The OP could be one of those who purchased gems using cold hard cash instead of converting gold.

What should we tell to those who spent 300 dollars in the gem store? No, that’s not uncommon. 500 dollars? More than 1000? Are they allowed to complain about the longevity of the game? Or was their investment still a great bang for the buck?

Instead of jumping to conclusions and riding the “it’s only 60 dollars” train, how about you reflect on the issues that were brought up? Is WvW getting stale? Did the living story feel like a success to you? Is it fine that we are expected to wait long months for small fixes and balance patches?

chemiclord.3978

I dunno. If you were putting money into the gem shop… I would HOPE it was because you liked what you were buying. Why would you spend money on something you didn’t like or thought was boring?

Do you make a habit of throwing money at things you don’t approve of?

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I love the people commenting “1500 hours for 60 dollars” without stopping to think for even one second. There’s a gem store. Looking at ncsoft’s financial report tells us that Guild Wars 2 made a lot of dough through the shop. A lot. The OP could be one of those who purchased gems using cold hard cash instead of converting gold.

What should we tell to those who spent 300 dollars in the gem store? No, that’s not uncommon. 500 dollars? More than 1000? Are they allowed to complain about the longevity of the game? Or was their investment still a great bang for the buck?

Instead of jumping to conclusions and riding the “it’s only 60 dollars” train, how about you reflect on the issues that were brought up? Is WvW getting stale? Did the living story feel like a success to you? Is it fine that we are expected to wait long months for small fixes and balance patches?

Excellent point. I know the response is going to be “it’s cash shop so you didn’t HAVE to pay more than $60”.

RIP in peace Robert

Posted by: Bloodstealer.5978

Bloodstealer.5978

This person gets it.. sorry Chemical lord.. you clearly don’t.

If you think you can qualify an MMO’s quality, success and replay value by its box price.. then I gues ESO should be an absolute winner for the industry…

Like another poster above hinted.. A living World should be just that, but its not its pretty much stale bread on most maps now and many servers can barely muster 50 players on one facet of a latest content release… you keep telling yourself its all great and hunky dorey cos its only $60 for the time… but I am pretty sure any MMO out there, GW2 included envisages a hell of a lot more hours of gameplay to ensure a decent enuff return each month – otherwise this AAA MMO will have a short shelf life for sure.

The OP has raised a valid topic but Chemical Lord you seem destined to never look further than the end of your nose, but if your enjoying the ride then all is well here, many others opinions are strictly invalid it seems.

Posted by: Zoid.2568

Zoid.2568

If you put cash in the gem store you do it because you want something really bad or because you’re rich. People that want to earn stuff in-game would convert gold.

Slowpoke.2749

I dunno. If you were putting money into the gem shop… I would HOPE it was because you liked what you were buying. Why would you spend money on something you didn’t like or thought was boring?

Do you make a habit of throwing money at something you hate?

I got to know people who bought this and that from the gem shop. Skins, transmutation stones, finishers and minis most often. Sometimes town clothes or gold via gem converting. Some of them spent 10 – 15 euros per months which is close to the price of a subscription. Some spent more. All of them liked the game. Now two of them log in.

Those who have left have similar complaints. Huge imbalance between classes, uninteresting LS updates, minor tweaks taking multiple months, dungeons feeling stale. No idea about WvW. Neither them or I are invested into PvP. I dabble in it from time to time and know the basics but that’s not enough to formulate a proper opinion.

chemiclord.3978

Enjoying the ride? Meh. Hit and miss is the best I can sum it up.

The problem I have is that MMOs are REALLY weird in the level of expectations than pretty much ANYWHERE else. They are unique in just how much bang they expect for their buck. A level of expectation that I think is patently absurd.

The gem-store issue is a non-starter. So what if you DID put in say… $1000 in gem store sales? You’re still looking at roughly less than a dollar an hour investment, which is STILL well below average in return than kitten near anywhere else.

(And I think it’s safe to say that Mr. 1500-Hours-and-Already-Bored hasn’t put $1000 into this game.)

I get it just fine. The OP is burned out at this point. Okay. S/He’s disappointed with Living Story content. Okay. I’ve got no problem with any of that. But the idea that s/he hasn’t gotten his/her money’s worth at this point is ridiculous. I mean, it’s okay to be bored with it. Put it down. Walk away.

But anywhere else with any other medium of entertainment (or even any other genre in THIS medium) would consider 1500 hours money well spent. I find it VERY odd.

(edited by chemiclord.3978)

Posted by: MRA.4758

MRA.4758

Well i’ve dropped 1500+ hours into this game and im already bored.

Most funny statement I’ve read today.

For extra credits, don’t forget to ask ANet for a refund.

(edit:)

What should we tell to those who spent 300 dollars in the gem store?

Actually, I’d politely encourage that person to reconsider his/her priorities in life.

~MRA

IGN: Peavy (Asuran Engineer)
Tyrian Intelligence Agency [TIA]
Dies for Riverside on a regular basis, since the betas

(edited by MRA.4758)

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

I’ve spent over $900 in the gem store all on optional stuff. I don’t feel ripped off because those items, had I not bought them, still would have allowed me to play hours and hours for the box price. Most people don’t spend that much but play for 1000 hours plus. The entertainment value in the box price is there. If someone like me spends more on gems then that really doesn’t factor in since I could have played say 1000 hours without spending a dime and the affect would have been minimal.

The Burninator

Slowpoke.2749

Actually, I’d politely encourage that person to reconsider priorities in life.

~MRA

Great idea. Let’s discourage people from spending cash then complain when the game shuts down or stops getting updated due to lack of funding.

/high five

Posted by: Thobek.1730

Thobek.1730

1500hrs is a huge amount of time. If you think that isn’t much then I suspect you spend a lot of time in front of your computer. Even if you logged in for a few hours every night for a year that would still only be half of 1500hrs.

Posted by: Lunchbox.6970

Lunchbox.6970

Let’s do some math:

IF the OP spent a total of $1000 on this game including the box price and gem store, then they have paid roughly $0.67 per hour for their entertainment. If we were to use the same logic on movies, then a ticket to a 2 hour movie would cost $1.34. Let’s say it takes you 8 hours to read that new novel that you purchased. According to the OP’s logic, I hope you didn’t pay more than $5.36 for it. Next time you’re going to a concert or sporting event that is at the most, 4 hours long, I hope your ticket doesn’t cost more than $2.68. Otherwise you’re getting ripped off.

For a little more perspective, let’s use an example of someone who has spent $200 on GW2 and gotten 1500+ hours of entertainment from it:

Ticket to a 2 hour movie – $0.26
8 hour novel – $1.04
4 hour concert/sporting event – $0.52

As soon as the OP starts posting in forums all over the internet that every form of entertainment that he partakes in is overpriced, then we can start to give him a bit of credibility.

chemiclord’s point is that we need to keep things in perspective and realize that if you’ve paid so little per hour for 1500+ hours of entertainment, then you have no right to go and flame the forums because you’re now bored with it. If that’s the case, go flame the forums at IMDB that every movie that is released doesn’t give enough value for the ticket price. Go to the forums on your favorite band’s webpage and let everybody know that they’re charging WAY too much for tickets to their shows.

Slowpoke.2749

Still no one is addressing the issues that were brought up. I do not care how much the OP spent, how much the commenters spent or how much their dogs spent. Look, I’m sure we could find people who have spent thousands on the game while being online for a couple of hours each week before quitting or going inactive so their investment would be closer to a couple of dollars per hour. It’s not the point.

- patches and their timeframe
- WvW season bringing no changes
- class (un)balance
- lack of permanent content
- GW1 might have been more engaging

I know I’m asking for a lot here but could someone give their opinion on these instead of calculating the amount the OP spent per the hour?

chemiclord.3978

Still no one is addressing the issues that were brought up. I do not care how much the OP spent, how much the commenters spent or how much their dogs spent. Look, I’m sure we could find people who have spent thousands on the game while being online for a couple of hours each week before quitting or going inactive so their investment would be closer to a couple of dollars per hour. It’s not the point.

- patches and their timeframe
- WvW season bringing no changes
- class (un)balance
- lack of permanent content
- GW1 might have been more engaging

I know I’m asking for a lot here but could someone give their opinion on these instead of calculating the amount the OP spent per the hour?

1) All I know about that is that the Living Story started out once a month or so, and the complain then was that it was too slow and everyone was getting bored. So they moved to twice a month and a different group of people complained it was too much too fast.

2) I’ll be honest, I don’t play much WvW, so I don’t have much of an opinion on it. If my tier is any indication (admittedly, my home is TC), it doesn’t seem to have THAT many issues if my queues when I do try are any indication.

3) I hear a lot about this, I haven’t seen too much of it, or feel it’s any more particularly out of whack than what is usual with any MMO. Balance isn’t simply as easy as tweaking numbers, and for all the talk about how overpowered warriors are, I remember not too long ago they were the red-headed stepchildren of the game.

4) Honestly doesn’t bother me. Even IF the Living Story stuff was permanent, I doubt people would play it much beyond those initial two weeks anyway. Players are more comforted by the thought that content exists rather than actually PLAYING said content.

5) Entirely subjective. I can say that I like GW2 quite a bit more than GW1… but hey, that’s just my opinion, man.

I’ve got no problem with him being bored or burned out or tired of the content or disappointed that it’s not what he wanted out of the game. That’s fine, man. But when you grumble about “only” 1500+ hours spent on a game… yeah… that’s kinda silly.

Posted by: Im Mudbone.1437

Im Mudbone.1437

~MRA

Great idea. Let’s discourage people from spending cash then complain when the game shuts down or stops getting updated due to lack of funding.

/high five

I’d absolutely love this.

Blackgate Megaserver – [LaZy] Imperium of LaZy Nation
Mud Bone – Sylvari Ranger

Darkobra.6439

~MRA

/high five

Yeah, because the updates have been absolutely explosive the past year and worth your money.

You believe in earning money, right? Me too. I don’t do charity.