Sorry to be extremely cheesy, but

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Sitkaz.5463

Sitkaz.5463

I was playing a certain game’s beta this weekend, spending hours trying to figure out if I was having fun or not. When it was over I logged into GW2, and it felt like coming home again. <3

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

Okay you played TESO why don’t you write about it on the TESO forums and give them feedback about the game?

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

When I read the title I thought this was going to be yet another “please bring back holy trinity” thread that have been plaguing the forums lately.

Glad it wasn’t.

Posted by: Tobias Trueflight.8350

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Okay you played TESO why don’t you write about it on the TESO forums and give them feedback about the game?

Mostly because he is saying “I played this other game but darn it felt good to come back to this one.”

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Sitkaz.5463

Mostly because he is saying “I played this other game but darn it felt good to come back to this one.”

Yes, exactly.

I also didn’t want to bring up another game and start a specific debate/comparison, I just felt good coming home.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Yes, exactly.

I also didn’t want to bring up another game and start a specific debate/comparison, I just felt good coming home.

I’ll call out others. I mean, I had the same experience for the longest time going to try UO on and off for a few years. (Then I’d run into another actual person and remember why I stopped. )

Seeking assistants for the Asuran Catapult Project. Applicants will be tested for aerodynamics.

Sitkaz.5463

Yes, exactly.

I’ll call out others. I mean, I had the same experience for the longest time going to try UO on and off for a few years. (Then I’d run into another actual person and remember why I stopped. )

I read a great quote on reddit this weekend that summed up a lot of my experiences: “The thing I like most about MMOs are the other players, and the thing I hate most about MMOs are the other players.”

Tobias Trueflight.8350

I read a great quote on reddit this weekend that summed up a lot of my experiences: “The thing I like most about MMOs are the other players, and the thing I hate most about MMOs are the other players.”

Really, the players are why I stick around in GW2 more.

But in the case of UO? It was more a case of going "hi . . . and now I’m paralyzed and on fire . . "

Posted by: Avascar.9237

Avascar.9237

I was playing a certain game’s beta this weekend, spending hours trying to figure out if I was having fun or not. When it was over I logged into GW2, and it felt like coming home again. <3

I never knew people has such strong relationships with RNG, I’m more than glad The Mystic Toilet has friends.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

I felt the same way. I’ve played 3 ESO betas now and every time I’d play for about an hour then realise I was forcing myself to keep going because I only had that weekend to play it, but it just made me want to play GW2 and/or Skyrim.

And yes I did tell them that, both on the forum and using the /feedback feature in game.

But I think it is also relevant from a GW2 perspective. I like trying out other MMOs every so often because it confirms to me that I actually do prefer this one.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Vol.7601

Vol.7601

We are extremely spoiled in this game. A lot of players don’t realize it because there really isn’t anything out there to compare this game to.

One of the biggest things I like about GW2 is the fluid combat and the art style.

I would absolutely hate going over to another game and notice that in order for my skill to go off, I have to be rooted in place.

Posted by: Gotejjeken.1267

Gotejjeken.1267

One of the biggest things I like about GW2 is the fluid combat and the art style.

I would absolutely hate going over to another game and notice that in order for my skill to go off, I have to be rooted in place.

You can roll a ranger and equip 1H sword if you really want the nostalgia of being rooted.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

You can roll a ranger and equip 1H sword if you really want the nostalgia of being rooted.

Or you can click off auto-attack and micromanage the skill chain, where it’s not quite so bad.

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Or you can click off auto-attack and micromanage the skill chain, where it’s not quite so bad.

Even with this duct-tape-esque work-around, it’s still a terrible mechanic that makes something as basic as an auto-attack painfully annoying.

@ OP: Yea, GW2 has plenty of flaws, but despite those, I still honestly think that this is the best MMO available.

Tobias Trueflight.8350

Even with this duct-tape-esque work-around, it’s still a terrible mechanic that makes something as basic as an auto-attack painfully annoying.

@ OP: Yea, GW2 has plenty of flaws, but despite those, I still honestly think that this is the best MMO available.

Don’t make it sound so bad, duct tape is one of the more useful tools out there. Just ask Jaime and Adam.

Though seriously now, it can be annoying but I find when I get in melee range anyway it usually ends badly if against other players. In PvE? So long as it’s chosen wisely when to do it, not an issue. Did some wonders against the Wardens . . .