Sotzz the Scallywag in Bounty Training...Why?

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Iridiana.9078

Iridiana.9078

Hi!

I’m really concerned about the bounty boss Sotzz the Scallywag.
Yesterday my guild was performing a series of bounty trainings we have researched without any problem as usual.
We had 4 teams (20 players) and we find and kill bosses without pre-scouting easily.
In the last bounty training we got Sotzz the Scallywag. 20 people wandering in Gendarran Fields for 15 minutes were able to find only ONE suspicious barrel: it was underwater and it was empty of course.
There were other 2 guilds scouting the map for Sotzz and no one found him. How is it possible there aren’t barrels around the map? What are we supposed to search? Nothing? I’m astonished 20 experienced people managed to find only one barrel. It was so frustrating you can’t even imagine.

When I read your statements, dear devs, I supposed Bounty Training was a tool to help little guilds to gain some extra-influence in order to progress with their researches.
To search Bounty Training we have to to keep a slot occupied for 72 HOURS (3 DAYS), and we spend 300 influence too. Now I expect that Bounty Training is DOABLE with 20 people in a map (cause I really don’t consider 20 active players a little guild).
What do you suppose we have to do in order to find Sotzz if there aren’t even barrels in the map?!
Next time we get Sotzz I won’t even send people in Gendarran, this is a total waste of time and efforts. Better we use the silvers of waypoints teleporting to buy influence for the guild in order to compensate the loss of this pointless training research.

Iridiana – Sylvari Ranger
Server: Piken Square
Leader of Dark Shines [Dsh]

Posted by: CobaltSixty.1542

CobaltSixty.1542

One of the other guilds found and killed Sotzz without telling you.

There is usually hundreds of barrels on the map, the reason you didn’t see any barrels was because other guilds were also smashing them.

Iridiana.9078

One of the other guilds found and killed Sotzz without telling you.

There is usually hundreds of barrels on the map, the reason you didn’t see any barrels was because other guilds were also smashing them.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sotzz_the_Scallywag

“If the Suspicious Barrel he is in is broken, Sottz will stay in place for 1 minute if not engaged, then he will disappear and all the barrels will respawn, so it’s not a good idea to break barrels before the Guild Bounty starts.”

No one killed him because there were no barrels in the map. If the barrels are supposed to respawn on kill it means no one was able to find the barrel with Sotzz inside. And if a ton of people were scouting every corner of the map I wonder where is the barrel with the bounty boss.
Furthermore we always perform bounties with other guilds in the maps and we have no problem to track again a boss if someone kills him.
Yesterday any guild was able to find Sotzz, so… I think there’s something wrong with this bounty and until you’ll fix him I won’t waste time in Gendarran anymore, sorry.

Posted by: thevalliant.4563

thevalliant.4563

Hi!

I’m really concerned about the bounty boss Sotzz the Scallywag.
[…]
It was so frustrating you can’t even imagine.
[…]

Dear friend -allow me to call you friend, we share the same pain- believe me, I CAN imagine! My guild, too, has fallen victim to this boss’s erroneous behavior. As a result we also decided to instantly abandon (‘let fail’) any bounty should Sotzz pop up in the list. As an extra measure, we only do T2 bounties now – to save on both money and time.

If you ‘Search’ this forum you will find numerous threads discussing this problematic NPC. You will also find that the developer(s) have stated that they’ll look into this and include a fix in the upcoming (April 30) patch. We can only pray for the best!

Posted by: drkn.3429

drkn.3429

Someone was destroying the barrels, just like that, without finding Sotzz. Aka there were those ~300 barrels, let’s say ~250 were destroyed (just because someone passing through could, or the other guilds already have), but Sotzz was hiding in one of the ~50 remaining barrels.
He doesn’t spawn on-chance at any barrel, he has a pre-determined one spot for each spawn and won’t show up until that particular barrel has been destroyed. There may be only 1 barrel left on the map, the one with Sotzz, in some more obscure spot.

CobaltSixty.1542

Yeah.

I don’t believe that you could only find 1 single barrel. I think you’re using a bit of hyperbole to try and make a point.

Iridiana.9078

Dear friend -allow me to call you friend, we share the same pain- believe me, I CAN imagine! My guild, too, has fallen victim to this boss’s erroneous behavior. As a result we also decided to instantly abandon (‘let fail’) any bounty should Sotzz pop up in the list. As an extra measure, we only do T2 bounties now – to save on both money and time.

If you ‘Search’ this forum you will find numerous threads discussing this problematic NPC. You will also find that the developer(s) have stated that they’ll look into this and include a fix in the upcoming (April 30) patch. We can only pray for the best!

Thanks my friend, it’s comforting to know I’m not the only one… I read there were some changes to this boss in the last patch so I thought he would have a better behaviour now, but I was wrong…
At least you gave me a good idea: unless we are in a sudden need of influence I’ll keep all the bounty trainings for May, hoping they’ll do something with the 30 April patch!

Someone was destroying the barrels, just like that, without finding Sotzz. Aka there were those ~300 barrels, let’s say ~250 were destroyed (just because someone passing through could, or the other guilds already have), but Sotzz was hiding in one of the ~50 remaining barrels.
He doesn’t spawn on-chance at any barrel, he has a pre-determined one spot for each spawn and won’t show up until that particular barrel has been destroyed. There may be only 1 barrel left on the map, the one with Sotzz, in some more obscure spot.

Yeah.
I don’t believe that you could only find 1 single barrel. I think you’re using a bit of hyperbole to try and make a point.

Sorry you don’t believe me, I’m not exaggerate nothing. We were 20 players for 15 minutes (all in voice chat as usual) and we spot only ONE suspicious barrel: the player who found it said it was underwater.
I dunno how many unbroken barrels were still in the map but I I think that at most they would be 1-3 (considering we noticed two other guilds running around in vain/in pain).
This place must be really obscure… I guess even unreachable.

What I want to point out, anyway, it’s I’m not complaining for a T3 bounty, even if I understand the struggle of guilds trying to complete it when they get this broken boss. But at least T3 bounty only need 200 influence and 12 hours research.
Training need 300 influence and 72 hours research, it was created to help little guilds… so why don’t you consider to exclude this boss from the training (or to fix it which would be even better)?

Posted by: Yareon.2835

Yareon.2835

Yeah.

I’m an officer of Iridiana’s Guild.

We don’t care if you believe it or not as it is what actually happened.

To be more precise some of us kept searching for him for another 5-6 minutes after the Bounty Training end, without finding other barrels.

By the way, searching in the forum it seems that there’s also a bug that makes Sotzz disappear just a couple of seconds after you find him, making him very tricky to complete successfully.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

Yeah.

Actually I was leading guild missions last night and encountered the same thing. Normally we find loads, and we’ve downed Sotzz a few times before, but last night I waypointed and ran around for ten minutes solid and only saw one barrel.

There didn’t appear to be any other guilds hunting him at the time and I didn’t see many people running about. Also we’ve done this target before with other guilds hunting and still found plenty of barrels.

It does seem like something is up atm with guild missions. Had trouble starting them since last Thursday, have to rezone to trigger them, and now this?

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

CobaltSixty.1542

I just ran around Gendarran Fields and in 5 minutes saw at least 20 suspicious barrels. All by myself.

Posted by: Rhaps.8540

Rhaps.8540

I just ran around Gendarran Fields and in 5 minutes saw at least 20 suspicious barrels. All by myself.

Good for you, I do however assure you that this did occur last night. I also had a look now and the barrels are there as normal. Like I said, we’ve done this bounty before numerous times, I’ve got no reason to lie about barrels not spawing as they did normally on those other occasions.

I suspect that barrels aren’t respawing properly which lead to this shortage during server peak times when lots of guilds are running their bounties.

Seafarer’s Rest – Guild Leader The Deamon Army [TDA]

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Well, we got him this weekend. We didn’t pre-scout and so only had 9 players looking for him once he was activated. There was definitely was fewer barrels and no one found him, and as far as I know no one else was even looking; there were very few other players on the map.

Posted by: ZudetGambeous.9573

ZudetGambeous.9573

congrats on having absolutely 0 understanding of the issue at hand!

OP: one of the devs said recently that they will be changing/fixing this issue in the upcoming patch to make it much easier. They haven’t gone into specifics so I don’t really know what to expect, but they have acknowledged the issue and said they are fixing it. You can check the dev tracker, but it is probably a couple pages back at this point. Searching for threads about Scallywag and looking for one with a dev post is probably a better way to find it.

Posted by: Gegio.3790

Gegio.3790

OP: one of the devs said recently that they will be changing/fixing this issue in the upcoming patch to make it much easier. They haven’t gone into specifics so I don’t really know what to expect, but they have acknowledged the issue and said they are fixing it. You can check the dev tracker, but it is probably a couple pages back at this point. Searching for threads about Scallywag and looking for one with a dev post is probably a better way to find it.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Sotzz-the-Buggedwag

Iridiana.9078

O.o
This boss is the “Simin” (pre-fix) of the bounty mission!

Posted by: bravoart.5308

bravoart.5308

Yeah.

I’m an officer of Iridiana’s Guild.

We don’t care if you believe it or not as it is what actually happened.

To be more precise some of us kept searching for him for another 5-6 minutes after the Bounty Training end, without finding other barrels.

By the way, searching in the forum it seems that there’s also a bug that makes Sotzz disappear just a couple of seconds after you find him, making him very tricky to complete successfully.

This exact same situation happened to our guild last night. Totally understand your frustration, don’t get too discouraged by the haters on here that automatically assume its player error.

Finally I recalled the stopgap solution of a great princess who was told that the
peasants had no bread and who responded: “Let them eat brioche.”

Posted by: Lambent.6375

Lambent.6375

Yeah.

I believe him, because this has occurred one time during a bounty mission in the guild I’m in.

30+ guild members searching all over the map, and there was not a single barrel in sight.

“Caithe, someday you’ll see, Tyria needs me. -Scarlet”

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

So last night we had sotzz 3 times in a row on t2 bounty (lol the odds of that) and we figured he’s actually broken. He does not stay for 1 minute after breaking him out of the barrel in fact he is despawning 5-10 seconds after breaking him out. We found him 3 times, but he despawned during chatting with him to activate, the 2nd and 3rd time after being broken out of a barrel despawned very quickly. Sotzz is broken.

Iridiana.9078

So last night we had sotzz 3 times in a row on t2 bounty (lol the odds of that) and we figured he’s actually broken. He does not stay for 1 minute after breaking him out of the barrel in fact he is despawning 5-10 seconds after breaking him out. We found him 3 times, but he despawned during chatting with him to activate, the 2nd and 3rd time after being broken out of a barrel despawned very quickly. Sotzz is broken.

Three times in a row…! How unlucky
I really think this boss need an urgent fix… people shouldn’t keep wasting time and influence with this…

Posted by: Shuguard.7125

Shuguard.7125

Three times in a row…! How unlucky
I really think this boss need an urgent fix… people shouldn’t keep wasting time and influence with this…

yea then after that it was tarban, brekkabek, and someone who wasn’t a problem. It’s bad how there’s a huge gap in difficulty and tedium.

Posted by: RebelYell.7132

RebelYell.7132

Sotzz just needs to be declared a total failure and deleted from the game.

User was infracted for being awesome.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

Our guild can back up the statement about finding zero barrels on the map. We’d have expected to find at least 1 in 15 minutes, but nope!

Posted by: ninro.2084

ninro.2084

My guild did our bounty two days ago and I’m confirming that this is a problem. Although I can’t say this for sure, it seems most likely that the barrels spawned once, when the server was last reset, but the script that’s supposed to make them respawn after x amount of time isn’t working properly. We’ve done Sotzz many times already and the fact that we encountered as few barrels as we did was the problem, not that we couldn’t get him to spawn from breaking them.

Posted by: ZilentNight.5089

ZilentNight.5089

I honestly think they need to add a device which u can buy with influence or via a quest that allows u to track 1 boss, when you activate it, it pings the location of the boss. This item can be a random drop or even an auction house item if the first 2 options are not viable. This will help alot of smaller guilds who dont have the man power to find these bosses.

Posted by: Misty Red Rose.9320

Misty Red Rose.9320

Sotzz just needs to be declared a total failure and deleted from the game.

Can they take Komali with him?

Posted by: Candra.6753

Candra.6753

Why suspicious barrel are not green like in Rat bounty ? Why all random peaple can hit then when its no boutny around ? Why respawn time on suspicious barrel are so long ( I hit one suspicious barrel today and wait to see how much time i have to hit it again – ower 20 min – seriously ANet? )
When my guild do bounty always fail on sotzz despite the fact hat the two more guilds are hellping us
Anet its time to change this bounty

Aurora Glade – Rage Under Control [WAFP]

Posted by: kokiman.2364

kokiman.2364

How about reading the dev tracker once in a while? It’s already been confirmed that those 2 bounties will be reworked.

GuildWars 2

Currently playing Heart of Thorns.

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

Please join this thread https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Sotzz-the-Buggedwag where people are reporting problems such as this with Sotzz. As always, we ask you to provide us with as much information as possible and keep the discussion friendly and constructive.

Thanks for your understanding.
This thread is closed.