Sotzz the scallywag

Sotzz the scallywag

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: shadow knight jack.3618

shadow knight jack.3618

My guild has tried 4 times to even LOCATE scotzz the scallywag in gendarren fields. We’ve had almost 50 people in that map at once, including other guild.

Personally i feel that this bounty is very hard to do, the sheer random drop spawns, we’ve had 3 guild working simultaneously to find even one barrel. We’ve found that getting 5/6 in a tier 3 then not even being able to find the 3rd really disheartens members, and they no longer want ot participate. Is there not some way to make this easier? Making larger barrels or less spawn locations? Even tell-tale hints like a group of drunken asurans flat on their back?

(I’ve tried my best not to rant and to keep this constructive)

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Fnix.5608

Fnix.5608

Agreed, our guild missed 2 shots due to this guy. We had 35+ looking for him, + alot of other guilds in the zone.

http://nox.no – Norse Oil eXpedition

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Karizee.8076

Karizee.8076

Per Anthony Ordon, Sotzz has 300 spawn points in Gendarren Fields.
Anthony, you are an evil, evil man. :P

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Yep, Scallywag is broken or something.

My guild hat the unfortunate luck to get him on the bounty today. We’re not that many, 10 people at that time doing it to catch some guys that missed the last time. We searched and searched and searched… Nothing. Lost the bounty of course. Asked on the map chat. People had searched for HOURS trying to find him.

Checked the forums – there is a developer post stating that he can spawn in 300 different locations and that other bounties are too easy, they want more like Scallywag.

What. The. Kitten.

There’s not even any point in TRYING to go tier 3. Get Scallywag, might as well forget about it. Better to run tier 1 and hope not to get him.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: IndigoSundown.5419

IndigoSundown.5419

This is why some guilds are scouting the NPC locations before they start the mission. I actually found Sotzz the one time my guild did a bounty and I was online. Took about 25 minutes and 8-10 waypoints. So what happens? He isn’t included in our mission… >.>

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

My guild just did him two days ago and we had only 2 person assigned to find each bounty. We found him without an issue. Also, he has a buff similar to half-baked komali. It looks like a jug of ale icon that significantly reduced the damage he takes. You just gotta look every single inch of the map.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Thereon.3495

Thereon.3495

Our guild have got the bounty twice, failed twice in finding him. I send this message to the devs in the hope that it will get read- do NOT nerf this event. Do not give in to those of us finding it hard. It is frustration talking.

I love the challenge of finding this guy. Sure its frustrating to find him but he is the hardest to find out of all of the bounties. I love this fact. It sucks when you get 5/6 killed and have your whole guild searching for this guy and dont find him but so long as he DOES spawn and is able to be found then this is a great addition to the bounties.

Lets stop making things easier in GW2 for those that moan when frustrated that they cannot do something.

Thereon Avenrise – former [Noes] Officer – Piken Square (EU)
Retired and living in a shack. Relaxing!

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: FateOmega.9601

FateOmega.9601

I think Anet should make it so that large guilds are more likely to get the harder bounties and small guilds the easier ones since they have less manpower to find them.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Scout them a head of time and have someone hold them in position. There’s absolutely no reason that you should fail if you plan ahead.

Sotzz the scallywag

Dawdler.8521

Scout them a head of time and have someone hold them in position. There’s absolutely no reason that you should fail if you plan ahead.

And if you dont have a large enough guild to scout all bounties at once or if he is killed by someone else before you get there and reset to a random position over the ENTIRE DARN MAP???

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: maddoctor.2738

maddoctor.2738

We found around 8 bounties (Sotzz excluded) we couldn’t bother to find all the others as other guilds were coming and pulling some of the bounties, it doesn’t take a genious to realise that it is impossible to have every bounty tracked and ready all the time (unless you are on a low pop server or do the mission at a strange hour), then there is the serious issue of the world events, if a Dragon is about to spawn you are doomed.

Yes there’s absolutely no reason to fail if you plan ahead and take 10 hours to be ready, when no other guild takes your bounty, no dragon is about to spawn and you also find all the bounties and have them tracked, all that on a very high populaiton server at prime time. Yes, very easy.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

100+ players (2 guilds) looked for 1 hour and couldn t locate him ._. 2 days ago.

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Unless you’re a small guild and don’t have the manpower for it. And then there’s the problem of other guilds also on the hunt. If they draw one that you’ve found and are tracking you have to start all over again looking for that mob.

We had exactly this problem last night. There were obviously 4 or 5 guilds searching for mobs, to start tracking them. We even invited a group from another guild to rep us for the event so that they could get the rewards too (I thought we were small… oh, boy).

Anyway, a couple of the other guilds started triggering their Hunt and were fighting mobs. We only had 9 or 10 found but decided to trigger ours too, hoping to get lucky. It turned out that we had the position of both targets we were given, but there were other guilds already on them. We dove in too and got both down, but now I know why I’m hearing complaints about how hard Kamali can scale.

This whole concept isn’t thought out very well. This isn’t Guild Wars 2, it’s Guild vs Guild Raid Wars, and now they want more spawn spot bosses like Sotzz? Seriously?

In some ways it’s good that there is little incentive to do these more than once per week, because I’ve got better things to do with my time. Piano lessons are looking good.

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

15 people. Have someone find him before you start the bounty. Done deal.

Also i’ve had him pop 3 times. 2 of those we didnt have him pre-found and were able to find and kill him within 3 minutes.

The “300 spawn locations” Is a bit of a misnomer. While there are multiple spawn locations, they’re are quite grouped, i’ve seen at least 2 separate spawn locations that were in a stones throw of each other.

Honestly the hardest bosses are
Komali – scaling
diplomat – confusion damage
any of the bosses in dragon event zones – Overflow

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Auesis.7301

Auesis.7301

I’m fairly sure “scout before the mission starts and spam F to hold them in place” is NOT an intentional design to complete these missions. If it is…I have no words.

Gnome Child [Gc]
Resident Thief

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Vorch.2985

Vorch.2985

As with most content, it’s difficult in the beginning.

1 month after, people will have it on farm status.

Here’s what people thought of GW1 when it first came out: http://tinyurl.com/bntcvyc
“A release is 7 days or less away or has just happened within the last 7 days…
These are the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria.”

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Zenyatoo.4059

Zenyatoo.4059

I’m fairly sure “scout before the mission starts and spam F to hold them in place” is NOT an intentional design to complete these missions. If it is…I have no words.

It’s pretty much the only way to get the content done with a small number of people. It allows smaller guilds to actually have a fighting chance of doing higher tier bounties.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Silas The Warrior.9375

Silas The Warrior.9375

Those who have killed him could share some details that might help people like us not to fail on him again.
For example how does the suspicious barrel look like? Can you find it or even open it before you start the bounty?

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: JayMack.8295

JayMack.8295

If he’s been recently killed, he’ll be in a suspicious barrel, which looks like a destructible object (think centaur weapon racks). Chances are, though, he could already be in the world from a random passer by destroying barrels. As far as I know having stood next to him for an hour, he does not disappear once he’s revealed. He only does that once he’s been killed. He doesn’t patrol after he’s been revealed, either.

Even with my fairly large guild, we start the actual guild bounty next to him regardless of whether he turns up or not. You don’t have to scout them all out, but I’d recommend you definitely scout him and Tricksy Trekksa out beforehand. Note, though, that Trekksa doesn’t always follow the path on Dulfy’s site.

Out of the 5 guild bounties we’ve done, he’s turned up twice, and so has Trekksa. Half baked komali appeared 3 out of the 5. We’ve only done 1 Tier 3, 2 Tier 2s, and 3 Tier 1s. Not a large enough sample size to even begin drawing conclusions as to whether some turn up more often than others, but I thought I’d let you know anyway.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: shadowknightjack.1904

shadowknightjack.1904

The problem we are finding is we can’t find the barrels. Having to scout for barrels for an hour before even starting the bount is kinda unreasonable in my opinion

Sotzz the scallywag

Dawdler.8521

The “300 spawn locations” Is a bit of a misnomer. While there are multiple spawn locations, they’re are quite grouped, i’ve seen at least 2 separate spawn locations that were in a stones throw of each other.

Great so you have 298 other locations that may not be like that lol. Your argument didnt help.

Fact remains, its way too diffuse to hide the kitten guy in a barrel. Even NPCs roaming an entire zone can be found by a wide net, but a hidden object very tricky to spot. If there was no timelimit fine! But there is a time limit. A very short one at that.

In the zone there is even a “suspicious keg” (event related) that some members always go “ZOMG I FOUND IT!!!” over. I bet Anet are laughing their kitten off. Its probably the same designer that did Swamp that also came up with Scallywag.

“Hey lets assume that something takes best case 10 minutes to accomplish and worst case 15 minutes. I know, the time limit will be set to 10 minutes and 5 seconds!”

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: FateZero.8536

FateZero.8536

People should just accept some challenge and stop demanding everything to be made easy mode.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Peetee.9406

Peetee.9406

We have passed all 6 of our guild mission attempts and have drawn Sotzz 4 of 6 times.

Have your guild line up straight across the zone like you were surveying an open field for a dead body. Then have everyone move in one direction at the same time and you will find him. This method has worked for us everytime.

Kayku
[CDS] Caedas
Sanctum of Rall

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: shadow knight jack.3618

shadow knight jack.3618

Ok, thanks for the help. Apparently the sotzz spawn was bugged, and was fixed on the last update.

And just so people are aware, this isn’t a thread where we complain, is is one where we can try and help each other find sotzz. We struggled, and needed help, not an excuse to rant.

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: cheatcole.4318

cheatcole.4318

currently in bottom left of map in Dragonbrand 6:22pm

Sotzz the scallywag

Posted by: Kenogu.3640

Kenogu.3640

Reviving this topic: Yak’s Bend seems to be missing its Sotzz. No-one has spotted him for quite a while, and several guilds have failed bounties because of it, and this was after over an hour of a full-sized guild scouring the entire map, before, during and after the bounty.