Soul-bound gear into the mystic forge.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Exloar.4895

Exloar.4895

Q:

I could use some clarification regarding this one, as I’m thinking of doing it, but some of my friends are saying it’s an exploit, or something very close to it.

Basically I’m talking about using Karma (farmed from events and other legit souces) to buy gear from the temple vendors (which will become soul-bound on acquisition), specifically 4 pieces, putting these 4, soul-bound, pieces into the Mystic Forge, and getting a random, non-soul-bound item, which I can later sell at the trading post.

I basically put my old gear (which was a mix of [Armor of Armageddon] and [Flame Legion] light armor) into the forge, and got a random leg item, which was not soul-bound, that I have since then sold on the trading post.

My stance on this is that this is NOT an exploit, considering I still have to farm the Karma needed, and four fold as well, plus do the events for the temple vendors, and then combine them in the forge for a chance of a random item, which may or may not the sell at the trading post (although it will almost always sell).

Also, note that I am not restricting this only to Karma vendor gear, but also dungeon token gear (as was my [Flame Legion] light set).

So, at the end of the day, is it considered an exploit or not?

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

I believe this has been raised before. If I recall correctly, it’s not an exploit.

Posted by: rizzo.1079

rizzo.1079

They nerfed most ways of turning karma into gold quite a while ago. If they considered this to be an exploit I think they would have done the same thing to it. Considering the rate of return on the Mystic Toilet, I can see why they wouldn’t look down on it.

You’re better off buying the jewelery boxes though, really.

Posted by: anzenketh.3759

anzenketh.3759

I think the High Karma cost (or dungeon token cost) of the items you are talking about would classify this as not a exploit. The problem a while back was that the cost of some of the karma armor was much much much lower than intended.

In Game: Storm Bluff Isle — Anzz, Anzenketh Kyoto

Posted by: Exloar.4895

Exloar.4895

They nerfed most ways of turning karma into gold quite a while ago. If they considered this to be an exploit I think they would have done the same thing to it. Considering the rate of return on the Mystic Toilet, I can see why they wouldn’t look down on it.

You’re better off buying the jewelery boxes though, really.

I know, and I do plan to do so, but currently I am mid way through changing my whole build and game-play style, and doing so is proving quite costly, so I’m literaly looking for every way I can make the amounts needed to get to the level of gear I had previously, in this new build and style. And while recycling my old gear, I came upon this possibility, but would like to know whether or not it is an exploit first.

But I have considered the nerfs and restricions ANet made to Karma converting, thus my opinion that it is not considered an exploit.

Posted by: Hawkian.6580

Hawkian.6580

Nowhere even close to an exploit. However, it’s not cost-effective. The jewelry boxes will provide a better return unless you are very lucky.