Soul river glider 500 gems...

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Get off the forums and buy it now.

Ty

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Randulf.7614

Randulf.7614

No because it’s not a glider I like at all

Ty

Posted by: Malediktus.3740

Malediktus.3740

Not happy about this, I bought the 2000 gems bundle to get it and now people can buy it without the bundle. As always Anet does not fail to disappoint me.
Anets weird business practices make me question my future gem purchases.

One of my 30 accounts (Malediktus.9250).

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

I’m happy about this. I bought the 2000 gems bundle to get it back when it came out and I’m glad other people can buy it without the bundle. As always Anet didn’t disappoint me. I know happy customers are good for the game and a healthy game population which is happily playing benefits me and everyone else. ANet’s business practices make me glad they think of other people besides those who can afford to spend 2000 gems on one purchase.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Malediktus.3740

I’m happy about this. I bought the 2000 gems bundle to get it back when it came out and I’m glad other people can buy it without the bundle. As always Anet didn’t disappoint me. I know happy customers are good for the game and a healthy game population which is happily playing benefits me and everyone else. ANet’s business practices make me glad they think of other people besides those who can afford to spend 2000 gems on one purchase.

Right, the outfit is 700 and the glider is 500. So we wasted 800 gems on junk despite the bundle being advertised as discounted.
The glider should have costed at least 800-1000 gems to justify the bundle costs.

(edited by Malediktus.3740)

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

just bought. really nice

gli____________de
gli___________________de
gli___________________________________de

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

I’m priced out of buying gems with gold at the moment.

Posted by: Lyp Sao.1375

Lyp Sao.1375

exchange 500 gems = 200 gold
ufff

Don’t fight the other ants
Fight the queens

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

No, because it’s not a glider I like at all

Ty

2spooky4me, but I appreciate it’s on sale by itself. Glad to see ANet’s learning from the bundling backlash.

Now if they’d learn from Heart of Thorns and stop making world events on 3-hour rotation timers (looking at you Current Events), I’d be much happier.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Now if they’d learn from Heart of Thorns and stop making world events on 1 week rotation timers

Fixed that for you.

Posted by: Danikat.8537

Danikat.8537

Ty

I just did exactly this. Except I kept the forum open too.

Danielle Aurorel, Dear Dragon We Got Your Cookies [Nom], Desolation (EU).

“Life’s a journey, not a destination.”

Posted by: Rauderi.8706

Rauderi.8706

Now if they’d learn from Heart of Thorns and stop making world events on 1 week rotation timers

Fixed that for you.

Gaww, it’s not that bad. :P I do appreciate that they’re releasing tiny content every few weeks. I don’t appreciate that it’s not something I can jump into without horrible design issues in the way.

But I’m off topic. Spooky glider thing for sale! Go buy it if you’re evil.

Many alts; handle it!
“I’m finding companies should sell access to forums,
it seems many like them better than the games they comment on.” -Horrorscope.7632

Posted by: Hesacon.8735

Hesacon.8735

exchange 500 gems = 200 gold
ufff

http://www.gw2shinies.com/gem.php

And tonight the wvw servers relink so people will be moving between servers in search of a better fight. So there’s some more added gem pressure.

Posted by: Ceridwen.6703

Ceridwen.6703

*screams*

*logs in*

EDIT: *glides with new SR glider skin*

Thank you so, so, so much, Anet!! I’ve had my beady ones on this for so long! Happy happy joy joy!

Much love and toodles! Now off to spend an evening gliding about, doing nothing in particular.

“Ph’nglui mglw’nafh Steve R’lyeh wgah’nagl fhtagn.”

(edited by Ceridwen.6703)

Posted by: Swagger.1459

Swagger.1459

Ty

I just did exactly this. Except I kept the forum open too.

You’re awesome and such a good multitasker!

New Main- 80 Thief – P/P- Vault Spam Pro

221 hours over 1,581 days of bank space/hot pve/lion’s arch afk and some wvw.

Posted by: Just a flesh wound.3589

Just a flesh wound.3589

Right, the outfit is 700 and the glider is 500. So we wasted 800 gems on junk despite the bundle being advertised as discounted.
The glider should have costed at least 800-1000 gems to justify the bundle costs.

Well, that’s just your opinion man. I liked and used everything in that bundle. I didn’t consider any of it junk.

You should have known that there was a good chance that the bundle would be sold cheaper or the individual items would be sold separately. If you were unwilling to take that chance then you should not have bought the bundle for that one item at that price. You should have waited for the sale. If you didn’t understand that this would happen, well you learned something useful today. Now you know that in real life and in gem stores, things go on sale. You have no guarantees on how someone else will price their product after you buy it.

And if this causes you to not buy gems, well at least you won’t need to come to the forum to complain whenever the inevitable sale happens and people can get it cheaper than you did.

Be careful what you ask for
ANet may give it to you.

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

Ah, the glider that should of been the reward for doing all the wing one achievements. I’ll pass on paying 500 gems for it.

Posted by: Mourningcry.9428

Mourningcry.9428

That’s not how bundling works.

Posted by: Ardenwolfe.8590

Ardenwolfe.8590

-screams like a school girl-

MINE!

Gone to Reddit.

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

just a skin….

Altough i would convert 500gems to buy anti condi food :< and lots of siege

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Posted by: slamfunction.7462

slamfunction.7462

Bought character slots, shared slots, other stuff, keys…yeah, this anniversary wrecked my bank account. However, I HAZ SO MUCH MORE STUFF TO PLAY WITH NOW! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Arena Nets are used to catch Gladiator Fish.

Danikat.8537

That’s how I see bundles. I add up the price of all the parts I want (estimated from similar items if they’re not available separately) and see how that compares to the price of the bundle.

Of course that means I didn’t buy the Bandit Sniper pack because I only wanted the glider so my ‘total’ was 700-800 and the bundle cost 2000 gems.

(Also how I approach music festivals – if it costs less to attend than to see all the bands I want separately I’ll go.)

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Not happy about this, I bought the 2000 gems bundle to get it and now people can buy it without the bundle. As always Anet does not fail to disappoint me.

Tons of people complained that they could not get the glider skin without the bundle. Seems like a sensible business practice to sell it separately.

There aren’t many guarantees in life except that you can be sure that if you wait long enough in GW2, whatever you bought via the gem shop will become available to someone else for less. You gained the advantage of having it for a lot longer; they gained the advantage of paying less.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Malediktus.3740

How is it an advantage to have cosmetic items earlier? If it would give stat or currency benefits I might agree with you.
But having these 2000 gem bundle things were a bit like wearing an expensive clock in real life.

Posted by: Elothar.4382

Elothar.4382

Bought character slots, shared slots, other stuff, keys…yeah, this anniversary wrecked my bank account. However, I HAZ SO MUCH MORE STUFF TO PLAY WITH NOW! YAAAAAAAY!!!!

Feel much better now knowing I’m not alone with this problem.

Mourningcry.9428

That’s how I see bundles. I add up the price of all the parts I want (estimated from similar items if they’re not available separately) and see how that compares to the price of the bundle.

Of course that means I didn’t buy the Bandit Sniper pack because I only wanted the glider so my ‘total’ was 700-800 and the bundle cost 2000 gems.

(Also how I approach music festivals – if it costs less to attend than to see all the bands I want separately I’ll go.)

Well, that’s more of a consumer evaluation of the bundle.

However, it’s the provider that’s creating the bundle, and hence determining the price.

From a pure price perspective, the bundle could be evaluated in an (overly) simplistic manner:

Glider 500g

Outfit 700g

M. Kit 350g

D. Kit 500g

Crate N/A

Total base cost of the package – 2050g

Price of the package – 2000g

If looking at it at the time of the bundle was originally offered -

Assume fixed prices are the Makeover and Dye kits (850g), that leaves 1150g to be accounted for by the Glider and Outfit.

Most Outfits cost 700g, so assume that’d be the unit price of the outfit

Gliders come in at either 400 or 500, so, take the average price to be fair (450g)

That means the Outfit + Glider = would come in at 1150g (imagine that).

The consumer base could be viewed at a very simple level as:

• Type A – would only buy the Glider and/or the Outfit
  • Type B – would buy either the Glider or the Outfit, indifferent to the other items
  • Type C – would buy both Glider and Outfit, indifferent to the other items

The bundle obviously isn’t attractive to type A.

The bundle may be attractive to B (premium on the glider, discount on the outfit if average priced).

The bundle is attractive to C.

Anet obviously thought the bundle attractive enough to offer, and did so.

Arguably, this really isn’t even bundling, but that’s semantics….

Malediktus.3740

Kind of, the 5 dyes were useless to me and the total make over kit was useless too (I never change the body/hair of my characters so they just stack up in my bank).
The weapon skin is ok IF Anet never makes them available otherwise, but I think they will end up as a black lion set one day and then I could straight up buy them for 50g.

Posted by: Udolpho.1209

Udolpho.1209

I’ve been waiting for the items to be offered separately since the day the bundle came out. IT WAS A LONG, LONG WAIT. A painful wait.

I’m not sure the frustration of being denied something I wanted badly was worth saving some gems. As time passed I came to regret being so stubborn.

I loath the bundles. Hate hate hate.

Danikat.8537

I’ve been waiting for the items to be offered separately since the day the bundle came out. IT WAS A LONG, LONG WAIT. A painful wait.

I’m not sure the frustration of being denied something I wanted badly was worth saving some gems. As time passed I came to regret being so stubborn.

Fortunately I think this (and the other bundles which are available separately) are proof that they’ve taken feedback on board and probably aren’t going to do bundle-exclusive items any more.

Mourningcry.9428

Fortunately I think this (and the other bundles which are available separately) are proof that they’ve taken feedback on board and probably aren’t going to do bundle-exclusive items any more.

No doubt feedback plays some role in the decisions, but financially it makes complete sense for Anet to offer the bundles exclusively first, and then the individual components later.

Can elaborate, but suffice to say, by segregating their particular customer base in this manner, they’re (to some degree) maximizing their sales. It’s not a new, or unique practice.

Posted by: gavyne.6847

gavyne.6847

Make this into a wing please, for the love of Tyria.

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Tons of people complained that they could not get the glider skin without the bundle. Seems like a sensible business practice to sell it separately.

There aren’t many guarantees in life except that you can be sure that if you wait long enough in GW2, whatever you bought via the gem shop will become available to someone else for less. You gained the advantage of having it for a lot longer; they gained the advantage of paying less.

How is it an advantage to have cosmetic items earlier? If it would give stat or currency benefits I might agree with you.
But having these 2000 gem bundle things were a bit like wearing an expensive clock in real life.

Maybe “advantage” was a poor choice of words. Some people like having stuff (especially skins) early; buying something in January is a benefit to them over buying in August — it’s worth paying extra, to them.

Again, the point is that lots of people said that they would buy skins separately, but not in bundles. ANet would have been foolish not to accommodate these potential buyers.

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

If you have it when fewer people have it, for a lot of people it’s cooler. I knew it would eventually be sold separately because I saw the community outcry so I waited.

Anet can’t win. If they listen to the community and change something, someone complains, because they personally didn’t get in on the deal.

I’m glad they listened. If you have to have something right away, you’re most likely overpaying because most things eventually get discounted.

Posted by: Bee.7081

Bee.7081

<3 Thank you for the glider!

I was sooooo waiting for this to happen. I didn’t buy the bundle either because I didn’t liked the other items linked with it. Then it was a huge disappointment for me :\

Now I can spend the rest of my gems without any regret, that I’d be missing out on something I want from the gemstore.

Posted by: Iris Ng.9845

Iris Ng.9845

I bought the bundle 6-7 months ago. Even though 2k gems are steep, I’m happy with it. I like both the glider and the outfit, especially no other gliders look great on a couple of my thematic characters. Aside from those, I wouldn’t pay for the Dye kit, Makeover kit and Immortal Weapon crate separately. However, considering their values and usefulness to me, I don’t find myself overpaying for the bundle. I’m glad that Anet finally offers the glider as a stand alone item with a fair price. It’s commendable.

“Raids are like fortune cookies. You eat the cookie and then read the paper scraps.”

- doranduck, 2016 on Lore in Raids

Posted by: Moderator

Locking this up as this was already posted about in the ongoing gemstore updates thread.