Soulbound Gear from a Deleted character

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

So I realized I hadn’t selected the Priory Back Item with any of my 7 characters, embarrassing.

So I decided to go ahead and delete my least advanced character. I moved all of his gear into the bank real quick and remade him.

Now however I have a bunch of soulbound gear I can’t even salvage the upgrades out of, and it seems stuck in the bank. I thought I would at least be able to remove the gear from the bank, but it seems that soulbound gear can’t even be held by another character. I thought that soulbound just meant another character couldn’t USE it.

Is there really nothing that can be done with this gear now?

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Nothing, all you can do is delete it.
Sorry.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

Posted by: Chiccotot.7296

Chiccotot.7296

Right click and then destroy?

Posted by: CMM.6712

CMM.6712

Delete. Live and learn.

Posted by: ziggamalay.4297

ziggamalay.4297

You should delete it.

BUT FOR SURE that needs to be changed.

Anet! Please make it so other toons can hold soulbound items just not equip them or use them.

This is one area where there is no reason not to let you salvage soulbound gear on other toons if its on your account.

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

I’d actually go one step further and abolish soulbound stuff altogether. Make it all account bound. Soulbound (and the equivalent in other games) is one of those annoyances that doesn’t need to exist.

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

I’d actually go one step further and abolish soulbound stuff altogether. Make it all account bound. Soulbound (and the equivalent in other games) is one of those annoyances that doesn’t need to exist.

I agree. I’m not a fan of soul binding to one character. You should at least be able to salvage soul bound gear but they won’t even let you do that. The only thing you can do with it is either destroy it or dump it into the mystic forge if you can find items that go with it.

I wish they would eliminate soul bound and make everything that is account bound salvageable. I’ve actually gotten stuff out of the mystic forge that is soul bound but not usable by my character’s profession.

Sometimes you can’t even buy stuff from Karma vendors for your other characters because they come out soul bound.

Posted by: Genei.7502

Genei.7502

I don’t think we necessarily need to get rid of the idea of soulbound. That helps out the economy and adds value to Ascended and Legendary gear. However not being able to salvage it or toss it into the mystic forge is really an unfair set of circumstances that isn’t clearly spelled out.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I don’t think we necessarily need to get rid of the idea of soulbound. That helps out the economy and adds value to Ascended and Legendary gear. However not being able to salvage it or toss it into the mystic forge is really an unfair set of circumstances that isn’t clearly spelled out.

I’m pretty sure ascended and legendary gear isn’t soulbound.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Freakshow.1809

Freakshow.1809

Crazy idea!

Have you tried creating a new character with the same name as the soulbound gear?

would be interesting to learn rather or not this would work, doubtful but nothing to loose.

Posted by: JustTrogdor.7892

JustTrogdor.7892

Crazy idea!

Have you tried creating a new character with the same name as the soulbound gear?

would be interesting to learn rather or not this would work, doubtful but nothing to loose.

It doesn’t.

The Burninator

Posted by: Tekoneiric.6817

Tekoneiric.6817

Crazy idea!

It doesn’t.

Yea, there is an underlying ID for each character that makes the unique.

Posted by: Sphinx.8014

Sphinx.8014

I’m pretty sure ascended and legendary gear isn’t soulbound.

And as Genei said, that’s what adds value to them. Because almost everything else is soulbound.