Soulbund karma gear

Soulbund karma gear

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: andrenaline.4286

andrenaline.4286

I just bough a gear with my main for my alt, then I realize I cant take it from the Bank cause it Soulbound. I gave nearly 500 k karma just to find out I cant use the gear. So I have to spend plenty of time to running with my alt ,to discover Ruins of Or and to buy it or I am forced to pay 50-60 gold to the trading post to buy a gear. Why is that ? Can you make that Karma gear Acountbound . I cant salvage it , I cant wear it , I cant sell it …. Seriously ?

Attachments:

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Ariurotl.3718

Ariurotl.3718

Well, next time you’ll read item descriptions more carefully, so it’s a good thing! Seriously though, try contacting support, they have been known to fix things like this for people (according to reports, can’t say I had any dealings with them myself).

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: ThomasC.1056

ThomasC.1056

I just bough a gear with my main for my alt, then I realize I cant take it from the Bank cause it Soulbound. I gave nearly 500 k karma just to find out I cant use the gear. So I have to spend plenty of time to running with my alt ,to discover Ruins of Or and to buy it or I am forced to pay 50-60 gold to the trading post to buy a gear. Why is that ? Can you make that Karma gear Acountbound . I cant salvage it , I cant wear it , I cant sell it …. Seriously ?

It’s a legacy from the time karma was character bound. Each of your character had its own karma in wallet. When they put on the wallet system, they merged all the karma, yet karma sellers still sale account bound items.

It’s no confort though. Good luck.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: FrostDraco.8306

FrostDraco.8306

It’s a legacy from the time karma was character bound. Each of your character had its own karma in wallet. When they put on the wallet system, they merged all the karma, yet karma sellers still sale account bound items.

It’s not. All character gear but ascended is soulbound. One thing literally has nothing to do with the other.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Rognik.2579

Rognik.2579

To be fair, whenever you try to buy something from a vendor like that, it does warn you if your current character can’t use it. You should have read that when it popped up before agreeing to it. One small thing that might brighten your day, though, is that you can throw the soulbound gear into the mystic forge with other gear and have something pop out that might not be, and it might even be better than what you threw in.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: andrenaline.4286

andrenaline.4286

I know that it can not be used by my character, I ve bought it cause I don’t wanna run 5 000 miles again because even the map progression is not common which is totally stupid. I have lvl up a fresh new alt with Toom of Knowledge . I bought the set with my main cause my map is discovered there , and I thought I ll be able to put in the bank and pick it up with my alt char, but that is not possible cause is soulbound to the one you bought it with. Whats the point ? Achievments are common , bank is common , map is not common , purchase from vendor is not common .Like we play with 2 diffirent account not with 1 , its ridiculous.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Marshall Sed.8643

Marshall Sed.8643

Teleport to a friend! Problem solved.

Assuming that you have a friend who will go to the temple for you.

Sorry…that was me….. :(

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Shirlias.8104

Shirlias.8104

Seriously, read before buy something.

tip: try with a ticket but don’t put much hope in this.

(edited by Shirlias.8104)

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Crossaber.8934

Crossaber.8934

I know that it can not be used by my character, I ve bought it cause I don’t wanna run 5 000 miles again because even the map progression is not common which is totally stupid. I have lvl up a fresh new alt with Toom of Knowledge . I bought the set with my main cause my map is discovered there , and I thought I ll be able to put in the bank and pick it up with my alt char, but that is not possible cause is soulbound to the one you bought it with. Whats the point ? Achievments are common , bank is common , map is not common , purchase from vendor is not common .Like we play with 2 diffirent account not with 1 , its ridiculous.

Yes, it sounds ridiculous to me, especially when you knew it is soul bound on acquire but you still bought it anyway.

Soulbound map completion, crafting etc, there is a reason behind it. If everyone can del their character and remade another new one, with tome of knowledge on the fly, after 80+ clicks your character is lv80 and keep the same crafting, map completion etc. Who is gonna buy new character slot, total makeover kit, name change contract…. or even who will pay to transfer if they can just del all character and got a free world transfer.

It is very reasonable.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Yeah, I mean, it’s not the easiest mistake to make. I’m pretty sure it even literally pops up a window warning you it isn’t usable on your current character. Not sure why you disregarded that.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: notebene.3190

notebene.3190

Well, next time you’ll read item descriptions more carefully, so it’s a good thing! Seriously though, try contacting support, they have been known to fix things like this for people (according to reports, can’t say I had any dealings with them myself).

They seem to be good at giving you a ‘courtesy help’ if you do a blunder like that. I bought two of the same laurel ring back in the day because I didn’t read the ‘Unique’ part, and they refunded the second ring for me.

Soulbund karma gear

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

It’s not. All character gear but ascended is soulbound. One thing literally has nothing to do with the other.

Not true, there is account bound gear that isn’t Ascended, whether it’s good or not is a different story(and I’m not talking blues and greens, I’m talking some yellows and orange).