Sound bug

Sound bug

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Magnetron.5823

Magnetron.5823

Dear Arenanet team,

Will the sound bug be fixed in the upcomming patch? Because it is very annoying. Today i waited 30 minutes to get into WvW, and i could play for 15 minutes cause you need a full client reset to fix the soundbug

Thanks!

Born in the Desolation. Die for Desolation.

Sound bug

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

If you get a response consider yourself lucky, since they dont seem to care about the almost 1K posts and 40K views thread in the bug forum.

I’m not even certain they have acknowledged the issue exists, despite the community hunting down info that its probably a memory issue and the sound “bug” itself is a warning from the audio system (ie its actually working as intended).

But then again I havent kept myself up to date on it.

Sound bug

Magnetron.5823

I have my sound option ingame on the lowest setting, cause i believe someone replied to me, if you use higher quality ingame you need to have a high quality dolby soundcard and that made sense to me.

i have 8g memory thats more then enough so its not my memory, maybe my onboard soundcard but still..

It doesnt happend ALOT but it happends when there are alot of ppl around, and when im close to a door in WvW, never happend anywhere else..

Fix please

Sound bug

Posted by: Kromica.2831

Kromica.2831

Just open up your sound mixer in the task bar and mute Gw2 then at least you can continue to play with out restarting. Hopefully they fix it soon though.

Sound bug

Magnetron.5823

Och ye, why didnt i think of that… thanks lol

Sound bug

Posted by: Azure Prower.8701

Azure Prower.8701

Put the sound quality of lowest. Problem is fixed and I never had the sound bug again.

Probably why they’ve ignored fixing this bug because of the work around.

Sound bug

Magnetron.5823

Azure.. i know, i had put it to the lowest.. but today i even got it on that setting.. hope will be fix

Sound bug

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Dear Arenanet team,

Will the sound bug be fixed in the upcomming patch? Because it is very annoying. Today i waited 30 minutes to get into WvW, and i could play for 15 minutes cause you need a full client reset to fix the soundbug

Thanks!

I found a semi-fix for the sound bug (if you are referring to the one I’ve been suffering from every day for the last month where the game suddenly goes WWWOOOOOOO…. WOOOOOO…. WWWOOOOOO…)

When this happens, do the following. Open the sound options and change the output device to something that isn’t a speaker or isn’t the correct audio output. This should tell the game to send the audio signal to a dead end where you won’t have to hear it anymore. Next, alt-tab and bring up youtube or your favorite music program and play some smooth jazz, or funk, or Deadmau5 or whatever floats your boat. Tab back in to GW2 and enjoy your not WOOO WOOO gameplay without having to restart the client and be removed from WvW.

Sound bug

Magnetron.5823

Welll i hope they will listen to us, and they will say : WOOOOOOO WOOOOOO WOOOOOOOOOOO guys! WE GOOOOOOOT GOOD NEWS!!!

WEEEEEEE HERE YOUR SOUNDBUGGGGGGGGGGG.

omg come on, waitin 2 hours and then go in 10 minute is too much, fix your game

Sound bug

Posted by: eternistarr.6304

eternistarr.6304

I have had it happening since launch. Which is why I don’t use the in game sound anymore.

Sound bug

Posted by: RoRo.8270

RoRo.8270

Had this happen a few times think its caused by rangers pet or jagged horrors it kept looping and sounded like someone breathing/tapping a mic