Sources of Hero Points

Sources of Hero Points

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Lazuli.2098

Lazuli.2098

The wiki lists 2 sources of hero points – leveling and hero challenges on maps. What are the other sources of hero points?

Sources of Hero Points

Posted by: emikochan.8504

emikochan.8504

There aren’t any other sources of hero points.

Welcome to my world – http://emikochan13.wordpress.com

Sources of Hero Points

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

Hero points are meant to be a limited resource. You can’t farm them and everyone has the potential to earn the exact same amount.

The only other source is the WvW scrolls, which completes a random hero challenge for you.

Sources of Hero Points

Lazuli.2098

I thought so too but the reason I ask is 3 of my characters should have the same amount of hero points. They are all level 80 and all have 100% map completion. Yet my mesmer ( my main) had 10 more points to put into her elite specialization than the other 2. She does have 1 HP from Dry Top and 5 from Silver Wastes that the other 2 don’t have. She should have 6 more points than the other 2. So I’m wondering where she got the other 4 points?

Sources of Hero Points

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

I thought so too but the reason I ask is 3 of my characters should have the same amount of hero points. They are all level 80 and all have 100% map completion. Yet my mesmer ( my main) had 10 more points to put into her elite specialization than the other 2. She does have 1 HP from Dry Top and 5 from Silver Wastes that the other 2 don’t have. She should have 6 more points than the other 2. So I’m wondering where she got the other 4 points?

SIlverwaste and Drytop hero points and WvW hero points don’t count toward map completion, so you may have those.

Sources of Hero Points

Lazuli.2098

Each of them got the 100% completion of the Wvw maps back when that was a requirement for map completion. The only difference is in Dry Top and Silver Wastes. The mesmer has 6 more hero challenges done there than the other 2 but she has 10 more points. I was just trying to figure where the extra 4 came from so I could maybe repeat it.

Edit: I just realized there was a time when the Wvw maps changed. I don’t remember if that meant different skill challenges or not but if so she may have gotten the new ones on one one or more of the maps.

(edited by Lazuli.2098)