Southsun Survival

Southsun Survival

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

<rant>
The Daily activity today is Southsun Survival. So I log in, the loading screen clears… …and, yet again, I’ve been killed before I even got into the game. Oh, and (joy of joys) I still have to stick around if I want the credit for towards my daily, and interact enough not to get kicked for lack of “active play”. So I stand there with no interest in what’s going on, getting totally bored; I fidget at the mouse a bit; and eventually the game ends.

What a wonderful activity to do on a regular basis (I DON’T think). It’s way past time this purposeless yawn got canned from the dailies.
</rant>

(edited by Doghouse.1562)

Southsun Survival

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

what do you mean you have been killed? If you enter late, you start as a ghost automatically which gives you the opportunity to gain some points towards various achievements. Would you rather have a queue before you can enter the activity – standing around in LA doing nothing instead of something with a guaranteed spot in the following round?

Southsun Survival

Posted by: hollowcrown.4872

hollowcrown.4872

This happens with me for almost every event, it’s pretty poo.

Southsun Survival

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

You don’t like achievements? Go and collect some stuff.

In fact, the BEST part of South Sun Survival is when you’re dead. You get achievements for gathering and achievements for trapping.

I sometimes get myself kills fast so I can maximize my points.

Southsun Survival

Posted by: Algreg.3629

Algreg.3629

and how exactly can this be resolved? Conjure enough partaking players from thin air the second you enter the event?

Southsun Survival

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

My favorite part is being dead. It’s fun to be invulnerable, to chase the others, to collect the little blue orbs…..

Southsun Survival

Posted by: hollowcrown.4872

hollowcrown.4872

and how exactly can this be resolved? Conjure enough partaking players from thin air the second you enter the event?

Do something where the game doesn’t start until all 10 players have loaded or whatever…it works in Dota 2.

Southsun Survival

Doghouse.1562

what do you mean you have been killed? If you enter late, you start as a ghost automatically which gives you the opportunity to gain some points towards various achievements. Would you rather have a queue before you can enter the activity – standing around in LA doing nothing instead of something with a guaranteed spot in the following round?

If it’s a default for “late” starts, it would be nice if the game actually told me that, rather than just dumping me in as a ghost and leaving me frustrated.

As for a queue – frankly, yes, I’d rather queue for a couple of minutes in some holding area (as per the start of Sanctum Sprint at its busier times, say), and at least have a chance to actually play the game, than get dumped in on a grudging, “We’ll let you in, but you’re too late to actually play,” basis. Or give me (say) 20-30 seconds of invulnerability during which all I can do is move, and a skill that cancels that and lets me start looting and so on, to give me time to get into game. Let’s be real – so far, I hate this activity, and I only do it because it’s part of the daily.But then again, I’m not exactly a big fan of the Crab Toss or the Keg Brawl either – but I at least try to take part once I’m in. I’d like a better chance to do so with this one as well; but repeated “ghost” starts do nothing to endear it. .

Southsun Survival

Doghouse.1562

You don’t like achievements? Go and collect some stuff.

In fact, the BEST part of South Sun Survival is when you’re dead. You get achievements for gathering and achievements for trapping.

I sometimes get myself kills fast so I can maximize my points.

I’ve nothing against achievements, but I’d prefer to do them as part of the activity – when (because, in all honesty, I’m a crap PvPer) I inevitably get killed – not instead of it.

Southsun Survival

Posted by: Seven Star Stalker.1740

Seven Star Stalker.1740

How do you loose out when you can Karka people?

I ? Karkas.

Southsun Survival

Posted by: Deimos Tel Arin.7391

Deimos Tel Arin.7391

the current system is fine, working as intended.

do not fix what is not broken.