Spam report I gave

Spam report I gave

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: lgdavid.2834

lgdavid.2834

Quick question, I hope I am not asking in the wrong place:
So there was this open world group leader probably streaming repeatedly asking for donations “feel free to donait”. I of course answered “feel free to grammar” to which I was kicked from the group I found it annoying and reported him/her for spamming. Was that the right thing to do or this stuff is tolerated around here? I could not care less that I was kicked from the group but I do not like spammers. I would like to know what you think.

Spam report I gave

Posted by: onevstheworld.2419

onevstheworld.2419

He probably kicked you because you should have said “spelling” instead of “grammar”
:P

(Although I suppose not using a capital letter is considered a grammatical error)

Spam report I gave

Posted by: Illconceived Was Na.9781

Illconceived Was Na.9781

Well, seeing as you only reported the person after you were kicked makes it seem like sour grapes, rather than a serious concern on your part to protect the integrity of the game.

I don’t see a technical issue with reporting someone who spams /map or /squad for either spamming or (in this case) scamming. You shouldn’t expect any sort of immediate action: first, it’s a minor issue. At worst, it’s annoying, but it’s not as if the commander was preventing people from succeeding at the task. Second, ANet tends to give people extra chances, so the first response might just be to make a note. If it’s a pattern by the person, they might send them a warning. That usually prevents future issues.

in short, sure, report people for spamming if you think it’s bad for the game; try not to do it because you’re personally upset by the individual

John Smith: “you should kill monsters, because killing monsters is awesome.”

Spam report I gave

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

Well, you didn’t report them until after you were kicked, so it does seem like you did it out of spite rather than wanting to rightly report spamming. :p But reporting spamming in-game is fine to do.

Spam report I gave

Posted by: nosleepdemon.1368

nosleepdemon.1368

Yeah I’d report, but that’s because I remember when we didn’t pay people to record themselves playing computer games.

Spam report I gave

Posted by: Altair.8402

Altair.8402

This just seems petty from everyone involved tbh.