Spec Icons too Indistinguishable

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Nemitri.8172

Nemitri.8172

Every time I want to change a spec line I have trouble distinguishing them one from the other, could you please make them more noticeable please? Like adding an icon with borders and lines and cool icons please?

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

I’m going to have to agree here. Yes, it’s easy enough for me to figure out which one is where, but that’s not the point. They went too far into art, and not far enough into “understand at a glance”.

The art doesn’t need to be lost, but the icons need to “pop” a bit more.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Einlanzer.1627

Einlanzer.1627

Not just that, but they style seems a bit jarring and out of place.

Posted by: Sold Out.7625

Sold Out.7625

I’d have loved to have a different icon color for kinetic battery and streamlined kits. At this moment I find it hard to see whether I got a free Toolbelt skill or not!

Leader of the Free Winds – RP, community, and all kinds of fun.
Jara Ariasdottir (Soon all classes proper!)

Posted by: Faereilos.5106

Faereilos.5106

The build panel is visually appealing but lack funtionally. It’s hard to distinguish between specs when you’re swapping them because the icons are so tiny and similar. So yeah, either create more distinct icons or add text labels.

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

Classic case of form versus function.

I preferred the old roman numerals because it was functional and easy to disseminate to others what traits/build I was using.

Now it is flashy and pretty, but less functional. I tend to be minimalistic though, so my opinion probably differs from the majority as well as the devs who unveiled it who seem to like the art.

Posted by: Doghouse.1562

Doghouse.1562

Every time I want to change a spec line I have trouble distinguishing them one from the other, could you please make them more noticeable please? Like adding an icon with borders and lines and cool icons please?

I’d have to agree. Basically, they’re (a) tiny, and (b) monochrome. OK, small means they fit into the spiffy new Specializations graphic; monochrome makes them easy to highlight. Unfortunately, neither of those are exactly calculated to make it easy for players to actually identify individual icons – which is, when you get down to it, their fundamental purpose. En masse, they’re pretty much just a confused jumble of similar black-on-yellow blurs.

I’m sure the ANet graphics designers put a lot of fine work into developing the icons within those constraints – but please, please, revisit them and make them more distinctive. We shouldn’t need to squint and scratch our heads.

(edited by Doghouse.1562)