Special Event achievements

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Motorygin.9431

Motorygin.9431

Q:

Hello, I would like to know about Guild Wars 2 Special Event Achievements. Will I be able to get them this year? I mean Wintersday Achievements and Halloween Achievements? Or it was only one-time run achievements?

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

No one knows for sure, but I’m betting you’ll be able to.

Posted by: Inculpatus cedo.9234

Inculpatus cedo.9234

If they bring back the same content, you will be able to get those achievements. If, instead, they offer new (different) content, I am sure there will be other achievements you can complete at that time, relating to the current holiday. =)

Posted by: Isslair.4908

Isslair.4908

I hope they will stay as a one-time achievements. It makes your in-game “age” a little more significant and reminds you about good ol’ times.

EU Aurora Glade

Posted by: Doggie.3184

Doggie.3184

Probably not. Anets always offered rewards exclusive to their unique yearly events that never return a 2nd time. Highly doubt they’ll change that custom but who knows.

| Fort Aspenwood (NA): Sylvari Daredevil Thief Main: All Classes 80. |
Please Remove/Fix Thief Trait: “Last Refuge.”
“Hard to Catch” is a Horrible and Useless Trait. Fixed 6/23/15. Praise Dwayna.

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

While I was present for the first halloween and wintersday, I didn’t have time to get all the achievements done. I am hoping (that like the holiday related quests in GW1) they will be repeated. If not, I will be very bummed.

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Probably not. Anets always offered rewards exclusive to their unique yearly events that never return a 2nd time. Highly doubt they’ll change that custom but who knows.

This is sad…

I was hoping when halloweon/wintersday comes around again, we would get all the same events to do, with perhaps a little additional stuff…

I really, really would like to do the Mad Kings dungeon, labyrinth, choir bells and pvp mini games again…last time there were some events I never really got a chance to do…

So sad if we never see those repeated…

Posted by: LanfearShadowflame.3189

LanfearShadowflame.3189

This is sad…

I was hoping when halloweon/wintersday comes around again, we would get all the same events to do, with perhaps a little additional stuff…

I really, really would like to do the Mad Kings dungeon, labyrinth, choir bells and pvp mini games again…last time there were some events I never really got a chance to do…

So sad if we never see those repeated…

I’m going to fix what he said. The hats were exclusive to the yearly event (santa hat 1 year for wintersday, reindeer horns the next for example). The quests themselves, in the 7.5 years I have played, have changed very little. The mini-games have also remained pretty much the same.

Now, how this relates to the achievements based system in GW2… not sure. I’m assuming we will definitely get different hats next year. (Didn’t get the Santa hat this year anyway because I wasn’t paying for it, kittens) And most of the quests may remain the same, but that doesn’t necessarily mean we’ll be able to complete the yr1 achievements…or maybe they’ll add new ones to complete. I guess we don’t know until they come around again in a few months. =)

Don’t look at me like that. Whatever you’ve heard, it’s probably not true.

Posted by: Vayne.8563

Vayne.8563

This isn’t true. The same stuff you did one year in Guild Wars 1, you did the next year in Guild Wars 1. The lucky title boardwalk continued, the stuff you got for party animal continued. In Guild Wars 1 there were no achievements you couldn’t get over time, even if you weren’t there.

All you couldn’t get were some of the masks that they gave out.

Posted by: Meglobob.8620

Meglobob.8620

Oh well, that’s a relief, fingers & toes crossed we get to do the same events…

Not at all bothered by the hats and stuff…I think I have destroyed loads of that stuff anyway…

Posted by: Motorygin.9431

Motorygin.9431

I’ve seen somewhere on this forum post from anet member that SAB world 1 achievements will be accessable after world 2 release, guess it will be the same for special events achivs.

Still hoping to hear something from anet guys

Posted by: Duchess Melissa.2368

Duchess Melissa.2368

I hope that they will allow those who were not able to complete their Emissary of the Mad King title, to be given a chance to complete it in Halloween 2013. I have 3/4 of It’s a Mad King’s World, and I really want to complete it!