Special asc trinket availability.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: papry.8096

papry.8096

Edit : changed the topic title to ascended trinket availabilty.
Normal ascended set availability
For any other ascended set I will go do the following :
– Fractale vendor BUY – 4373 : Ring at 10 pristine fractal relic each or possible lucky drop in fractal daily chest.
– WvW laurel vendor : 20 laurels + 250 badges of Honor each.
– Guild Commendation trader: 5 golds + 12 guild commendation each.

Whole set :
– 20 pristine relic ( + possible lucky drop in fractal daily).
– 20laurels + 250 badges of Honor
– 10 golds + 24 guild commendation.

Timegated at one month :
– Ring: Current fractal systems : doing all five fractal daily levels 4 days (2 days each) or at one daily fractal per days : 20 days.
– Amulet : around 1 month
– Accessory : 1 month (2 weeks each).

Normal ascended stats, you can choose between :
– 3 to 5 months only doing daily.
– 1 month doing guild mission, fractals & WvW.

Verata/ Ventari trinket set

During the living story season 2 Anet introduced the sinister & verata ascended stats.
These trinket are given as a gift once you completed each part of the LS2 and are also available at the the laurel vendor.
Laurel vendor price are the following :
– Amulet: 30 laurels.
– Ring : 35 laurels.
– Accessory: 40 laurels + 50 ectos.
Whole set of sinister/ventari = 180 laurels + 100 ectos.

You can also buy Verata trinket stat at Silverwaste vendor for 1000 bandit crest & 10 gold each.
Whole Verata set for 5000 bandit crest & 50 gold.

Ventari ascended trinket can’t be bought at DryTop vendors.

Timegated around 3 months (if the player always choose the chest of plentiful laurels).
Timegated around 5 months (if the players never choose the chestof plentiful laurels).

Collection of Dungeon Trinket
These are obtained by completing dungeon set skins.
So they are 8 trinket (4 stats; defensive & offensive slot).
Stats are : assassin, sentinel, (doesn’t know the 2 other set :p to be edited).
Even when you have completed the collection the trinket aren’t available at laurel vendors and guid commendation vendors but are at spoon collector dude for 40 laurels & 10 gold.

TL;DR
Please Anet change the current system once the LS2 story achievement have been completed :
– by allowing to buy the verata/ventari trinket at every marchand that sell ascended with their original money instead of only the laurel vendor.
– Being able to drop the verata/ventari rings as daily fractal chest reward.
Once you have completed the dungeon collection make the accessories available at the laurel vendor and guild commendation vendor.

TLDR BIS
you can lock some ascended stats behind achievement but at least when you unlock it do it consistently with the other ascended gear already in the game & across all gamemode vendor.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Or just like spend couple of days in Silverwastes.

Attachments:

papry.8096

Effectively but I like to have option & not see the same map during weeks & weeks.

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

Effectively but I like to have option & not see the same map during weeks & weeks.

I think the silverwastes vendor is a decent alternative.

Not sure though, if the sentinel trinkets (and assassin, iirc), which have to be unlocked by completing dungeon collections, have a 2nd vendor, once unlocked.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Then you ruin your own argument with fractals and guild missions.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

Posted by: Taku.6352

Taku.6352

Not sure though, if the sentinel trinkets (and assassin, iirc), which have to be unlocked by completing dungeon collections, have a 2nd vendor, once unlocked.

They are available trough the spoon collection dude.

Attachments:

papry.8096

Then you ruin your own argument with fractals and guild missions.

Different straw for different people. Giving option is never a bad thing. Is it ?

Posted by: Evans.6347

Evans.6347

Admittedly, I was a bit hasty with my reaction. More options are of course better.
However, I find Verata trinkets to be the most accessible trinkets in the game at this point. It’s rather strange to me that you consider this backwards.

Joy to the world, ignorance is bliss

papry.8096

Admittedly, I was a bit hasty with my reaction. More options are of course better.
However, I find Verata trinkets to be the most accessible trinkets in the game at this point. It’s rather strange to me that you consider this backwards.

Well I have a enormous amount of laurels, guild commendations & pristine fractal relics.
I have played in SW a fair amount of time; So I’m bored with the map as now.
So yes, I would like to spend the other currency that I have instead of be forced to play in SW during a certain amount of time.
These ascended exclusive availability kind of feel: “like okay you have played all that content for nothing go farm there instead”. that doesn’t go well with me.

On the ascended trinket dungeon, you have to complete the dungeon collection skin first & then buy them again at a higher price that I would with guild mission.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

However, I find Verata trinkets to be the most accessible trinkets in the game at this point.

They require you to complete the Mastery achievements to unlock them at the merchant IIRC. So…. they’re hardly the most accessible.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

Well. We do not know how available HoT will make ascended. For all we know 500 jeweler will come out and you can craft em.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

papry.8096

Well. We do not know how available HoT will make ascended. For all we know 500 jeweler will come out and you can craft em.

I would still prefer to be able to buy them using the less costly money( from my point of view & gameplay habit).

Posted by: Wanze.8410

Wanze.8410

They are available trough the spoon collection dude.

Yeah, i know that they are available from the collector guy once you got them unlocked but the price point is a bit steep, just like the OP mentioned, as you can buy them only with laurels. The price point of the verata and ventari trinkets is cheaper in my opinion.

In general I understand why Anet locked these trinkets behind specific content because many people asked for untradeable rewards for completing specific content but i think the SW trinkets were implemented better because the the grind to unlock them isnt as repetitive as the sentinel trinkets and the price point to purchase additional ones afterwards isnt so high.

Personally, I would like to have the sentinel trinkets but i have to finish the AC and CoE collections. I played since headstart and have my dungeon master title but i dont like to run dungeons on a regular basis. Sometimes I just buy dungeon paths and i try to at least do my pvp dailies on a farm map to get some progression through the pvp reward tracks. But i have been working on it for over half a year now and i am about half way through. It would only take me another month or two if i run all 6 paths and do half an hour pvp every day but most of the days, i have better things to do.

I can live without the trinkets but it would be nice to have additional ways of getting them, for example through wvw badges.

Tin Foil [HATS]-Hardcore BLTC-PvP Guild
Bloin – Running around, tagging Keeps, getting whack on Scoobie Snacks.

Posted by: Mireles Lore.5942

Mireles Lore.5942

I would still prefer to be able to buy them using the less costly money( from my point of view & gameplay habit).

We would all like for everything to be less costly and tailored to our game habbits but thats impossible to do for everyone. Its not unreasonable to reward special rewards for specific content.

Director – Xunlai Heroic Service Agents [XHSA] | Yak’s Bend
http://xunlaiheroes.wix.com/xhsa

Posted by: Miku.6297

Miku.6297

While I do agree, it would nice to see the asc trinkets available via other methods (more acquisition methods the better), it would be even better to see A-net fix the bugs locking people out of some of the ascended jewelry. Making a change so it’s easier for you to afford due to your play style isn’t a solid argument for a change in the system. Branch out and play other aspects of the game.

papry.8096

We would all like for everything to be less costly and tailored to our game habbits but thats impossible to do for everyone. Its not unreasonable to reward special rewards for specific content.

Well you already have to complete the dugeon collection for it then you have to pay a steep price for them.
The right for entry is high enough without having to justify an additionnal very high secondary price point.

papry.8096

While I do agree, it would nice to see the asc trinkets available via other methods (more acquisition methods the better), it would be even better to see A-net fix the bugs locking people out of some of the ascended jewelry.

I agree on that too.

Making a change so it’s easier for you to afford due to your play style isn’t a solid argument for a change in the system. Branch out and play other aspects of the game.

I disagree.
I play : PvE Drytop/ SilverWaste/ dungeon/fractal/WvW.
I have level 50 fractal.
Completed all dungeon path & skin collection.
All of Silverwaste achievment & collection.
Almost all drytop achievement (not doing that horrible weapon collection).
I sit on an enormous amount of pristine relic & co.
While I do want to try Verata/acquire multiple for different purpose (fractal/WvW) I can’t without being locked in a content & having my other play hour being disregarded.
I’m fine with locking some stats behind achievement but not proposing alternative price for them like for all regular ascended stats seems very wrong to me.

(edited by papry.8096)

Posted by: punahou.3986

punahou.3986

Anet needs to make as dee armor and weapons available in this manner as well

Miku.6297

I disagree.
I have level 50 fractal.
While I do want to try Verata/acquire multiple for different purpose (fractal/WvW) I can’t without being locked in a content & having my other play hour being disregarded.
I’m fine with locking some stats behind achievement but not proposing alternative price for them like for all regular ascended stats seems very wrong to me.

But what is easy for you, what you have already done, what you currently have, is where the issue lies. You are requesting a change be made so it is “easier” for you to get with what you have done. Many things are locked behind different tasks, different styles of play, and different game play modes. If you want the reward behind a certain gate, you go through that gate, same as everyone else.

papry.8096

I disagree.
I have level 50 fractal.

But what is easy for you, what you have already done, what you currently have, is where the issue lies. You are requesting a change be made so it is “easier” for you to get with what you have done. Many things are locked behind different tasks, different styles of play, and different game play modes. If you want the reward behind a certain gate, you go through that gate, same as everyone else.

Problem is that this are not specific reward, this is ascended gear acquisition with a different stats.
That what’s bothering me.
Imagine you have a a new crafting profession & new ascended stats that come out & they say to you: “look for the new ascended armor stats, you need to go level that new craft to 500 then you can go craft these new armor with new material that cost 10 laurels a piece.”

Wouldn’t that bother you ?

What I’m saying is okay you can lock some ascended stats behind achievement but at least when you unlock it do it consistently with the other ascended gear already in the game & across all gamemode vendor.

(edited by papry.8096)

Miku.6297

Wait so ascended gear of a certain type isn’t a specific reward? To me, the ascended gear acquired via these methods is a reward for doing the work to earn them.

If it’s just a new stat combo, nope no problem… It would bother me if it were a new gear level. I certainly wouldn’t expect A-net to make it easy to get just because it would be easy for ME to get.

Different items, different stats, different acquisition. Doesn’t so terribly off, and it’s not like they are extremely demanding to get (or in demand for that matter).

(edited by Miku.6297)

papry.8096

Wait so ascended gear of a certain type isn’t a specific reward? To me, the ascended gear acquired via these methods is a reward for doing the work to earn them.

If it’s just a new stat combo, nope no problem… It would bother me if it were a new gear level. I certainly wouldn’t expect A-net to make it easy to get just because it would be easy for ME to get.

So ascended gear of different stats is no problem when separated like that but new gear level separated like that would bother you ?
So you were bothered by acquiring ascended when they were first announced after exotic ?

Secondly making them easier to get for me; yes right because I already spent hours before playing the other content & gaining money for already existing ascended set.
So yes I could buy them instantly if they were available but BECAUSE I PLAYED THE OTHER GAMEMODE.
So right now I have a new stat gear that just say to me : “nope go grind some more”.

Miku.6297

you missed my point about the new gear level… My problem would not be in how it was attained, my problem would be with a new gear level. I just don’t want it. I have little to no desire to see GW2 become a standard gear grind, verti progression mmo.

I was not a big fan of the addition of a new stat tear when it was announced. I had no issue with the acquisition of it, and I still don’t. I just don’t like the power creep, gear grind, verticle progression.

You spent hours playing a different game mode then how these items are earned. So if you want these items you need to play the game mode that is required, same as everyone else. I really don’t see a problem with that.

papry.8096

I was not a big fan of the addition of a new stat tear when it was announced. I had no issue with the acquisition of it, and I still don’t. I just don’t like the power creep, gear grind, verticle progression.

You spent hours playing a different game mode then how these items are earned. So if you want these items you need to play the game mode that is required, same as everyone else. I really don’t see a problem with that.

So you consider that this is not a “gear grind” at least not for a superior gear level but an alternative stat ?

Ascended overall are a gear grind but for these accessories; they changed it again for another type of grind.

(edited by papry.8096)

Miku.6297

It’s not a vertical gear grind. Grinding gear for alternative stats, or graphic I have literally no problem with. The game has to have some time and effort required, if A-net just handed everything we wanted to us; when we wanted it; for what we wanted to do for it. The game would get very dull very quick.

For the part of my quote you bolded and underlined, the “I just don’t like…” is more directed at vertical progression style grinds, but picking out parts to put together gives it a different tone, which is not what was intended.

(edited by Miku.6297)

papry.8096

The game has to have some time and effort required, if A-net just handed everything we wanted to us; when we wanted it; for what we wanted to do for it. The game would get very dull very quick.

Your main counter argument doesn’t make sense because I played the game to be able to change my ascended trinket by accumulating the pristine fractal relic, guild commendation & whatever else was needed for regular ascended item.
These progress are disregarded by Anet changing the rule of acquisition for one type of statistic.
Do it once already bothered me but now it’s a new trend that they are develloping & I’m not happy about it.

For the part of my quote you bolded and underlined, the “I just don’t like…” is more directed at vertical progression style grinds, but picking out parts to put together gives it a different tone, which is not what was intended.

Or you can have said that you disliked "vertical gear grind " in one sentence.
When you put “,” you do make separate point.

(edited by papry.8096)

Miku.6297

It separates elements in a series, it does not necessarily indicate a completely separate point. (I only commented about that because you are bolding parts of what I say, then skipping ahead and bolding other parts.)

My main argument doesn’t make sense? Because you played one part of the game, you should have full access to everything that comes out in the future? I’m not really sure that’s right.

If you want the stat layout on a reward, just do what is required to earn it.

papry.8096

My main argument doesn’t make sense? Because you played one part of the game, you should have full access to everything that comes out in the future? I’m not really sure that’s right.

Stop trying to make my point looks like I want to make everything avalaible in any game mode & for free.
My main issue is with acquiring specific ascended gear stats and only that.
GW2 is about horizontal progression (skin).
What they are doing currently is spreading gear stats acquisition into specific aera & that I’m against.
I ask for consistent unlock of these gears stats across gamemode that already feature these type of gears.

(edited by papry.8096)

Miku.6297

Umm I’m not trying to make it look that way, you are saying because you’ve done so much A you should get item B using what you earned allready… Even though item B is acquired a different method.
I’m simply saying different items in game are acquired by different means. They can’t all be earned or obtained by the same method. If you really want them, why not just play the game mode/style that they are earned from?

papry.8096

I’m simply saying different items in game are acquired by different means.

And I say this is false and it’s a new trends Anet adopted recently & try to promote more & more.

- Ascended ring were released first in Lost shores update in 11/2012, they were only available in fractal of the mist.
- Ascended Amulet were available at laurel update then were extended later on WvW.
- Accessory were available at guild update when they added recommendation.

At this point they extended Ascended availability to all game mode instead of just fractal.
Next step was the Ascended weapon with the 500 crafter level, followed by ascended armor.
There were only available by crafting. Then they extended the acquisition method once again by allowing you to find Ascended armor/weapon chest in multiple loot: Champ chest/daily fractal chest/etc…..

Now Anet is going back on that by restraining stats to specific aera.This look like a downgrade to me.
You can’t even buy ventari trinket.

(edited by papry.8096)

Miku.6297

Well there’s not a-lot more to be said, you feel that all ascended jewelry/stat layouts should be available the same ways. I’m not against the idea of having everything attainable like that, I just don’t mind it being the way it currently is either.

As new things are added to the game it wouldn’t be a surprise to me if they could only be attained by doing new tasks and objectives as well.

My biggest complaint about ventari pieces is, many of us who completed all the LS parts as they came out, can’t buy the necklaces now because of bugs… That haven’t been addressed since.

Posted by: starlinvf.1358

starlinvf.1358

It’s not a vertical gear grind. Grinding gear for alternative stats, or graphic I have literally no problem with. The game has to have some time and effort required, if A-net just handed everything we wanted to us; when we wanted it; for what we wanted to do for it. The game would get very dull very quick.

I just want to point out that the flaw in your argument is that the purpose of a horizontal system is to allow experimentation, and playstyle adaptation. So in order to play a new play style, I have to first kit myself out in an existing playstyle to become efficient at grinding the pre-cursor activity, BEFORE I can experiment with the new stat to even know if I can leverage it properly in a build, or if that theoretical build is “at least as efficient, or more efficient” then the one I’m currently using.

This is probably the biggest gripe about the use of Prefixes as rewards….. we have no way to properly testing them, or how they scale, without first being sufficiently effective at farming the area that gives them. The design philosophy of the Mordrem also prompted major reevaluation of existing builds just to survive there; only to realize the Sinister Stat combo is surprisingly sub-optimal for the area its affixed to…. The conclusion I drew from this is “there was no good reason to do this the way they did”.

The recent trait change, that shifted all of the attribute bonuses to gear, only complicated this issue further. Of the few things the old trait lines got right, was enable hybrid builds to get singular off-stats without having to resort to taking entire prefix lines with stat proportions they didn’t need. After the trait change, I started trying to rebuild my Shout guard to mimic the previous stat distribution….. You’d be surprised how hard it is to get 300 Healing power when you primary Power. To rectify it, I would had needed Zealots or Sentinels/Clerics mixed with zerks and soldiers to get that balance back. Zealots in expensive, and Sentinels stupidly expensive.

TL:DR;
Its not that I don’t think effort shouldn’t put into it. But I find this concept of grinding out horizontal progression, when its primary advantage is to enable diversity, very odd to be locked behind a vertically oriented reward system. I would even go as far as saying that the encounter design is so lazy, that they don’t even proerly incorporate the new stat combinations into the challenge aspect of the very areas that give them.

Miku.6297

I don’t see how the system doesn’t allow experimentation, yes to get an alternative set you have to earn it. If you really want to get at least a sample of how a stat preforms go to the mist or check one of the numerous build sites. (or just try out an exotic set befor going for the ascended stat).

Getting a bit off topic, but what other stats were you going for to reach your pre-spec balance? Just saying 300 healing in a power focused build gives ALOT of room for alternates, how much power, how much other stats etc.

My question about your TL:DR is, how would you hand out alternate gear sets if not how it is done? Why should it be easier to acquire alternate/diverse sets vs your main set?

Just out of curiosity, the main or initial point of concern was about the ascended stats locked behind cheevos not being sold by the vendor for the same price as older stat layouts… But don’t the cheevos that unlock the sinister jewelry also give you that piece of jewelry?

Posted by: Basandra Skye.4031

Basandra Skye.4031

Just out of curiosity, the main or initial point of concern was about the ascended stats locked behind cheevos not being sold by the vendor for the same price as older stat layouts… But don’t the cheevos that unlock the sinister jewelry also give you that piece of jewelry?

I think the major gripes would be “Why should I be forced to do achievement collections to get an ascended stat prefix when basically all others are freely sold without restriction.” As for the testing armor “issue,” I call BS with the fact that (short of logging in to see 100%), the only thing you truly need to put the effort forward to obtain is the insignia/inscription recipes. That’s even more true NOW. Testing new stats? Get the exotic insignias and transform your armor stats. Or hop into HotM and smack things around like I did.

papry.8096

As for the testing armor “issue,” I call BS with the fact that (short of logging in to see 100%), the only thing you truly need to put the effort forward to obtain is the insignia/inscription recipes. That’s even more true NOW. Testing new stats? Get the exotic insignias and transform your armor stats. Or hop into HotM and smack things around like I did.

This is true. Only the trinket are locked out like that.
Weapon & armor are easily accesible thanks to the mystic forge recipe.

But don’t the cheevos that unlock the sinister jewelry also give you that piece of jewelry?

Your argument there is why do I need a second set right ?
I have a fair amount of alt. They all have their own set of zerker ring. So I want to do the same thing for Verata/Ventari.
You also have the issue of the infusions either for WvW or fractal, which will require at least 2 sets.

Attachments:

(edited by papry.8096)