Spirit shard system and augurs stone.

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Zaklex.6308

Zaklex.6308

If I could, I’d loan you some of my 5000 some odd SS’s, but alas, we can’t(especially since I may never use them, or rarely…as you can tell).

Posted by: Zephyra.4709

Zephyra.4709

This makes me want to record the outcome of a stack of champ bags from EOTM because I get heapsssss of SS out of them on that ez-mode k-train.

Posted by: PaxTheGreatOne.9472

PaxTheGreatOne.9472

I already have ascneded weapons on 11 of my 16 characters but I am very sure I’d never buy all augur stones in advance…

Just look at the next hurdle, obsidian shards… you’ll need 30 obsidian shards for vision crystal and 12 for a lesser vision crystal… most ppl buy these through karma…
this anounts to 90 obsidian obsidian shards per armor This is12* 90*2100 karma … (almost 2.2M karma) .

12*6 insignia’s *3 damask = 288 damask worth 16 gold at this time, but even when crafting I do not see this go below 3.5K gold, that’s only the insignia’s….

Then you lack the deldrimor plated dowel for the weapons say you need 12*2 weapons thats 72 deldrimor and 72 spirit wood for another 144*4 = 576 gold
and another 12*2 vision crystals: 24*30 obsidian shards for another 720 *2100 karma (1,5M karma?)

Then you only have the insignia’s and the inscriptions, of course not taking into account the recipe’s and the actual components.

I think you should go about this slowly and craft 1 weapon or armor piece at a time. You’ll understand why…

23 lvl 80’s, 9 times map, 4ele, 4ncr, 3war, 3grd, 3rgr, 2thf, 2msm, 1eng, 1 rev.
Been There, Done That & Will do it again…except maybe world completion.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

It is a power boost to craft this stuff. It’s stupid to do it in a horizontal way when you could do it in a vertical way and apply stat bonuses as soon as they are possible to hasten the farm for the other items.

Posted by: Chazz.6709

Chazz.6709

Here is the answer for your problem ! Grinding in Silverwaste doing Cf or Vw , because if you wanna craft your asc armor YOU have to do CF or VW for some mats.You get them sometimes from the purses.So yeah … go ahead and farm ?

“All genius said it’s impossible – until someone just did it.”

Posted by: Briadonis.8907

Briadonis.8907

I see a lot of people commenting on how many shards they already have… how many you have now is not important, it is the acquisition of new shards. It used to be easy to get shards and it no longer is since the update. Those who accumulated hundreds or thousands before the patch… there is no doubt they used to be easy to get.

If someone has accumulated hundreds of shards since the updated, please let me know how you are doing it because right now I am surviving on the 3 I get per day for doing the daily.

Posted by: Koomaster.9176

Koomaster.9176

Don’t think the devs set up the game to where you could have enough materials to outfit 15 characters in ascended gear just on a whim. I think ascended/legendary should be something you work hard and long to get. And that’s just outfitting 1 character, not 15! Where would it even end? Should the player with 30-50-100 characters be able to instantly have all the spirit shards they need too?

As for spirit shards; been working on another legendary and had to buy philo stones to craft clovers. Got down to ~370 spirit shards a few days back, and already back up to 410. So I dunno, guess through doing my everyday thing I’ve been getting 10/day or so. I honestly don’t think that’s bad. Probably got a similar amount of skillpoints back when Miyani used that.

Briadonis.8907

Don’t think the devs set up the game to where you could have enough materials to outfit 15 characters in ascended gear just on a whim. I think ascended/legendary should be something you work hard and long to get. And that’s just outfitting 1 character, not 15! Where would it even end? Should the player with 30-50-100 characters be able to instantly have all the spirit shards they need too?

As for spirit shards; been working on another legendary and had to buy philo stones to craft clovers. Got down to ~370 spirit shards a few days back, and already back up to 410. So I dunno, guess through doing my everyday thing I’ve been getting 10/day or so. I honestly don’t think that’s bad. Probably got a similar amount of skillpoints back when Miyani used that.

Well , I have 16 characters that I have been working on outfitting…. and prior to the changes I used to not have a problem getting spirit shards when I needed/wanted to make a legendary or an ascended item… with all these characters I could just run around Tyra doing skill challenges, most of the characters did not have map completion so there were tons available and I could easily just run and do all the skill challenges on a couple maps to get the skill points/spirit shards I needed.

The 10 per day you seem to be having is way better than what I am getting. I got 5 for a birthday present on one of my characters… and I get the 3 per day… that is about it… what are you doing that is netting you 10 per day?

Even at 10 per day though… you need 350 or more for a legendary… that is over a month…. of playing and doing dailies every single day. At 3 per day that is like 4 months! Assuming you aren’t spending them on anything else but the legendary.

Posted by: stof.9341

stof.9341

Well, you’ll probably need more than a month of pure farming to get the other mats for the legendary, so what’s the issue exactly?

Also, Ascended items are account bound and not soulbound so you are kind of expected to move them around somewhat.

Posted by: TheGrimm.5624

TheGrimm.5624

I admit we have not gotten more information on masteries yet, but in the meantime it would be nice if we were once again able to receive an additional spirit shard each time we re-reach level 80 the way we used to get skill points. The reason I say this that it still left a lot of us the feeling that we were progressing still even though we had capped out.

GW/PoTBS/WAR/Rift/WAR/GW2/CU

De Mortuis Nil Nisi Bonum.

Posted by: eithinan.9841

eithinan.9841

Right, thank you for all of your replies. It seems the most helpful way of getting them is the chest farm in SW as there is a chance you can get one in a bag (not sure what drop rate is) but at least I can be getting loot to help me towards my goal.

This is my best way forward as I don’t mind the chest farm. I’ll try and reply after 250 bags have been opened to let you see how viable an option it is.

Hopefully drop rate of a shard isn’t rarer than an exotic :-)

My observed drop rate for them is about 17%-20%

Posted by: CandyHearts.6025

CandyHearts.6025

You’re trying to gear out 15 characters and you wanted it to be instant?

I’m glad it takes a long time. I am gearing one character at a time and taking my time to do so. This way I wont be joining along with the ranters saying there’s NOTHING TO DO. :P

Briadonis.8907

Well, you’ll probably need more than a month of pure farming to get the other mats for the legendary, so what’s the issue exactly?

Also, Ascended items are account bound and not soulbound so you are kind of expected to move them around somewhat.

As I stated… I am working on ascended on all my characters as well… and at my current rate… ONLY working on a legendary would take me 4 months…. figure in the ascended stuff I am making at the same time and that brings it up to more like 6 months… assuming I am playing EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You don’t see a problem with that?

Posted by: Golgathoth.3967

Golgathoth.3967

Right now I’m working on my third ascended weapon – a rifle for my engie after having made two staves in the past. I forgot how involved this is. Cannot imagine undertaking what you’re talking about. :|

Sidenote: why must laurels be so aggravating to get now? I took a nine month break and spent mine on t6 mats, now it’s going to take me a while just to get the three for the rifle recipe.

Sylvari: 7 Humans: 3 Charr: 2 Norn: 1 Asura: 0
“Tarnished Coast” since head start!

Posted by: Bawi.9541

Bawi.9541

As I stated… I am working on ascended on all my characters as well… and at my current rate… ONLY working on a legendary would take me 4 months…. figure in the ascended stuff I am making at the same time and that brings it up to more like 6 months… assuming I am playing EVERY SINGLE DAY.

You don’t see a problem with that?

Actually I do see a problem. Finishing literally all the big goals and most of the game’s end game content – on multiple chars even – in 6 months is pretty quick in an MMO. I do like your suggestion of making it take longer and hereby support it.

/edit: I’m kidding of course. I think your post is kittening stupid. To be precise it’s not even your post that I think is stupid.
Are you really complaining that gearing multiple chars in the optional (5%) gear and THEN adding a legendary which is purely cosmetical takes 4 months?

Ele / Guardian

(edited by Bawi.9541)

Briadonis.8907

Actually I do see a problem. Finishing literally all the big goals and most of the game’s end game content – on multiple chars even – in 6 months is pretty quick in an MMO. I do like your suggestion of making it take longer and hereby support it.

/edit: I’m kidding of course. I think your post is kittening stupid. To be precise it’s not even your post that I think is stupid.
Are you really complaining that gearing multiple chars in the optional (5%) gear and THEN adding a legendary which is purely cosmetical takes 4 months?

Well considering I was able to do 4 legendaries and about 40 ascended weapons in about 1 year prior to this patch I think the change is pretty significant.

I’ll hold my tongue on what I think about your post.

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

Good luck with the Silk farm then. lol

Posted by: Celtic Lady.3729

Celtic Lady.3729

Good luck with the Silk farm then. lol

I left the silk farm and just broke down and bought all my silk for the 3 ascended armor sets I made. lol

Posted by: MashMash.1645

MashMash.1645

I thought they just changed it so that all the things that used to drop skill scrolls just dropped shards instead? And you get one every time you fill your xp bar too – instead of a skill point.

Pre-Ordered HoT | Recently started to get what I paid for – may spend $$$

Briadonis.8907

I thought they just changed it so that all the things that used to drop skill scrolls just dropped shards instead? And you get one every time you fill your xp bar too – instead of a skill point.

No, you no longer get anything for the skill bar filling… it is useless until the expansion is released and they add masteries.

They nerfed the drop rate from champ boxes…. so it is much more rare but now apparently they can drop from random mobs, not just champ boxes…. although that drop rate seems to be very low as well… or my RNG is just terrible.

Posted by: Beldin.5498

Beldin.5498

I admit we have not gotten more information on masteries yet, but in the meantime it would be nice if we were once again able to receive an additional spirit shard each time we re-reach level 80 the way we used to get skill points. The reason I say this that it still left a lot of us the feeling that we were progressing still even though we had capped out.

^^ +1 to that

EVERY MMO is awesome until it is released then its unfinished. A month after release it just sucks.
Best MMOs are the ones that never make it. Therefore Stargate Online wins.