[Spoiler] video at the end of S2

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Orpheal.8263

Orpheal.8263

Sure Pyriel, Bread Crumbs and Bread Crumbs surely let Players become basically Fortune Tellers and allow them to predict a game’s story future from like roughly a year ago basically 100% accurate!

Sylvari could have been made more interesting also completely without brandmarkign the whole race as the seed of all evil with a story, that would have followed more the Nightmare Court and the Story Parts we got from the Sylvari Story around that second Sylvari Tree from which comes the Sylvari Malyck for example.
Or something completely different.

Who says, that every playable race needs to have a freakign age long history. histories are overrated. Thats what made the Sylvari so special, beign such a young playable race with basicalyl no age long history after which they could be pidgeonholed and be put labels on based on what the race did or did not already like several hundreds of years ago.
No, they “history” is much more compact than the ones of all other playable races and that what makes them a good playable race for RP’ers, which don’t want to be labeled as like “the war driven army race”, like the Charr, cause of their plenty wars they had back in their history or like “the mad scientist race”, like the Asura.

So give me a reason, why there had to be the need to turn the Slyvari race basicalyl into everybodies symbolification of hate number one.
How does it make as a Sylvari Character now even sense anymore to play this story any further, when our “supposed Heroes” are nothing else anymore than meaningless marionettes for a dragon out there which are dependent from that “protection” from the pale tree to turn not maybe in an instant into dragon slaves like Wynne said, what she saw in her dream what Sylvari would be basically as Mordremoths Minions.

And after seeing, what Mordremoth did to a whole pact fleet in a matter of seconds, wiping out everybody in a blink of an eye.. who’s to say that Mordremoth couldn’t repeat such a dramatic attack not at any given time with that massive destructive force behind at the pale tree to end, what Mordremoth already tried by sending out the Shade of the Dragon.
With such power, it would be an easy thing for Mordremoth to destroy the pale tree same as easily to remove that “protection”.

The whole thing did look to me basically already like a by Trahearne set up “trap”, because no one as a military commander would be so idiotic to shoot with a fleet of airships aimlessly into the ground flying so extremely low, that an enemie’s counterattack can hit you directly with full force just seconds later to erase you from they sky in a matter of no time then.
tThe whole scene basically looked like a

“Hi, here we are, the army of fools which I present you for my Master on the silver platter and I let them shoot all idiotically into the ground first for you to tell you that we are ready for our deaths to come by your huge vines, my Master, once we have arrived for you” kind of trap

By the massive dislike/hate peopel have for Trahearne for all of his personal story attention stealing, I wouldn’t even be surprised, if Anet will turn up all of this desastrous story now into a “we turn Trahearne into an an enemy-plot” now, where now all Sylvari are already brand marked as minions of Mordremoth.
So what does it make already for a difference by then now?
He will be then just another meaningless foe like Scarlet, whose butt we will kick hard then sooner or later or which we will stab better said then like Scarlet too to get rid of him and Anet would take in the laurels for giving us players our wished importancy back as we become then the new pact leaders.

All perfect, or not? Hitting this way two birds with 1 stone…
Sorry, when I can’t take all this any serious anymore…
Have just to sleep a night over this desastrous story change first to get a clearer mind again perhaps. Just at the moment to disappointed and would have expected a better Season 2 Final without this bad brand marking of the Sylvari, a more neutral epic final of this Season

Personally I like the idea behind sub classes ~ quoted from Chris Whiteside

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

After an hour of fiddling with Windows Live, I have managed to get 1080 version of both Cinematics up:

Heart of Thorns: http://youtu.be/iOc7nAUlo8k

Pact Launches: http://youtu.be/cAW7BJZ-Scs

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Pyriel.4370

Pyriel.4370

Sure Pyriel, Bread Crumbs and Bread Crumbs surely let Players become basically Fortune Tellers and allow them to predict a game’s story future from like roughly a year ago basically 100% accurate!

Sylvari could have been made more interesting also completely without brandmarkign the whole race as the seed of all evil with a story, that would have followed more the Nightmare Court and the Story Parts we got from the Sylvari Story around that second Sylvari Tree from which comes the Sylvari Malyck for example.
Or something completely different.

Who says, that every playable race needs to have a freakign age long history. histories are overrated. Thats what made the Sylvari so special, beign such a young playable race with basicalyl no age long history after which they could be pidgeonholed and be put labels on based on what the race did or did not already like several hundreds of years ago.
No, they “history” is much more compact than the ones of all other playable races and that what makes them a good playable race for RP’ers, which don’t want to be labeled as like “the war driven army race”, like the Charr, cause of their plenty wars they had back in their history or like “the mad scientist race”, like the Asura.

So give me a reason, why there had to be the need to turn the Slyvari race basicalyl into everybodies symbolification of hate number one.
How does it make as a Sylvari Character now even sense anymore to play this story any further, when our “supposed Heroes” are nothing else anymore than meaningless marionettes for a dragon out there which are dependent from that “protection” from the pale tree to turn not maybe in an instant into dragon slaves like Wynne said, what she saw in her dream what Sylvari would be basically as Mordremoths Minions.

And after seeing, what Mordremoth did to a whole pact fleet in a matter of seconds, wiping out everybody in a blink of an eye.. who’s to say that Mordremoth couldn’t repeat such a dramatic attack not at any given time with that massive destructive force behind at the pale tree to end, what Mordremoth already tried by sending out the Shade of the Dragon.
With such power, it would be an easy thing for Mordremoth to destroy the pale tree same as easily to remove that “protection”.

The whole thing did look to me basically already like a by Trahearne set up “trap”, because no one as a military commander would be so idiotic to shoot with a fleet of airships aimlessly into the ground flying so extremely low, that an enemie’s counterattack can hit you directly with full force just seconds later to erase you from they sky in a matter of no time then.
tThe whole scene basically looked like a

“Hi, here we are, the army of fools which I present you for my Master on the silver platter and I let them shoot all idiotically into the ground first for you to tell you that we are ready for our deaths to come by your huge vines, my Master, once we have arrived for you” kind of trap

By the massive dislike/hate peopel have for Trahearne for all of his personal story attention stealing, I wouldn’t even be surprised, if Anet will turn up all of this desastrous story now into a “we turn Trahearne into an an enemy-plot” now, where now all Sylvari are already brand marked as minions of Mordremoth.
So what does it make already for a difference by then now?
He will be then just another meaningless foe like Scarlet, whose butt we will kick hard then sooner or later or which we will stab better said then like Scarlet too to get rid of him and Anet would take in the laurels for giving us players our wished importancy back as we become then the new pact leaders.

All perfect, or not? Hitting this way two birds with 1 stone…
Sorry, when I can’t take all this any serious anymore…
Have just to sleep a night over this desastrous story change first to get a clearer mind again perhaps. Just at the moment to disappointed and would have expected a better Season 2 Final without this bad brand marking of the Sylvari, a more neutral epic final of this Season

Tbf you seem more upset than logical. Just quickly, Mordremoth could literally be going ‘those are my minions’ and want to exert control, not to mention the Sylvari have ‘infiltrated’ every aspect of Tyrian society.

Anyway, sleep on it, you may come to like what happens, besides we only know a teaser trailer, we are far from release of anything yet.

Posted by: darkace.8925

darkace.8925

Then they let get the whole pact fleet get literally get slaughtered and shreddered into thousands of pieces, basically standing absolutely no chance against these huge vines, for those are even the biggest air ships in that scene like freaking tiny TOYS to play with…. and kill off basically in that scene everyone including Logan, Eir, Zojja and Trahearne… – come on, be real, as if anyone of them could have survived that, when Mordremoth destroyed their air ships high in the sky right under their feets away in an blink of an eye…
They all would have to be supernatural beings, if anyone of them would have actually survived that mass slaughter.

You’re grossly underestimating the protective properties of Plot Armor.

Posted by: Tamias.7059

Tamias.7059

If you’d like to see the in-game video again, visit the NPC near the entrance to Camp Resolve. He will let you rewatch the final cinematics if you’ve completed the episode.

Is there anywhere online where the cinematics are “officially” posted, for linkage on the wiki and such?

Victory Is Life Eternal [VILE]

Posted by: Zietlogik.6208

Zietlogik.6208

If you’d like to see the in-game video again, visit the NPC near the entrance to Camp Resolve. He will let you rewatch the final cinematics if you’ve completed the episode.

Is there anywhere online where the cinematics are “officially” posted, for linkage on the wiki and such?

The wiki itself isn’t an official source (Wiki sites are all open, and player driven for games)

They may post it onto their own youtube channel, but there are already various people who have recorded and posted the videos.

I put both on my channel both in 1080p shortly after I finished the story.

Zietlogik [Warrior] Chronologix [Ranger] Ziet The Dreaded [Necromancer] Zietlogic [Revenant]

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Who is the figure with the shield and sword at the end of the cinematic when Braham is speaking? It sort of seems to resemble Canach, but I’m not sure …

Posted by: nexxe.7081

nexxe.7081

Who is the figure with the shield and sword at the end of the cinematic when Braham is speaking? It sort of seems to resemble Canach, but I’m not sure …

That’s who i thought it was also.

Posted by: La Goanna.8142

La Goanna.8142

The cut scenes and Heart of Thorns trailer were excellent. Major props to Anet’s animation and art teams, especially for the latter video. That painterly rendering effect on the 3D models looks absolutely fantastic and legitimately hope they implement the same effects into future cut scenes. Very beautiful, memorable and has the chances of standing the test of time better than pure, top-notch CG.

Posted by: Ascimator.6735

Ascimator.6735

Then they let get the whole pact fleet get literally get slaughtered and shreddered into thousands of pieces, basically standing absolutely no chance against these huge vines, for those are even the biggest air ships in that scene like freaking tiny TOYS to play with…. and kill off basically in that scene everyone including Logan, Eir, Zojja and Trahearne… – come on, be real, as if anyone of them could have survived that, when Mordremoth destroyed their air ships high in the sky right under their feets away in an blink of an eye…
They all would have to be supernatural beings, if anyone of them would have actually survived that mass slaughter.

You’re grossly underestimating the protective properties of Plot Armor.

I’d say they lost all benefits of plot armor when they went “alright son, I’ll spend some time with you later” and “oh hey, I’m a sarcastic asura mostly bitter about everything but you’re cool” and “well PC, we’re not gonna wait until you return from your sidequest, it’s not like we are useless without you”.

Posted by: Palador.2170

Palador.2170

That’s who i thought it was also.

It seems most likely that it’s him.

I would say that, other than the player characters, there are three sylvari that are “safe” right now.

Trahearne, because of the sword he carries. Carrying it, he’s more protected by the Pale Tree than any other sylvari.

Caithe, for pretty much the same reason, only this time with the egg and Glint’s protection.

Canach is the third. His experiments included mind altering chemicals, and it’s quite likely that he’s far enough “off” to be immune to Mord’s control. This will also allow them a reason to cook up an anti-dragon serum to keep PC sylvari sane. To do that, though, he needs to be with them.

Sarcasm, delivered with a
delicate, brick-like subtlety.

Posted by: Delirious.9278

Delirious.9278

After over 1 year of not playing this game I come back to find MAJOR hype! My main Sylvari Ranger has a lot of catching up to do!

What a good time to get back into GW2

When I reviewed that section of the video, the subtitles labeled “Canach” with his script. I’m sure it’s him.

(edited by Delirious.9278)

Posted by: Delirious.9278

Delirious.9278

When I reviewed that section of the video, the subtitles labeled “Canach” with his script. I’m sure it’s him.

Posted by: draxynnic.3719

draxynnic.3719

The figure is also wielding the same weapons Canach had earlier in the cinematic.

More like they’re akin to the Risen by Zhaitan.

They were supposed to be, anyway. Something went wrong – or right – due to the actions of Ventari, and the sylvari got…diverted. Most of them, anyway. The creepy probability now arises that the Nightmare Court were right all along.

Also, how soon before the cries arise for Trahearne to resign as Marshal of the Pact – assuming, of course, that he even survived that battle?

I don’t think there’s anything in Ventari’s techings that could be responsible for the Pale Tree being freed. I think it’s more likely the Forgotten did something to them before Ronan got to them.

To those who think Scarlet hate means she’s succeeded as a villain:
People don’t hate Scarlet like Game of Thrones fans hate Joffrey.
They hate her the way Star Wars fans hate Jar Jar Binks.

Posted by: Arctic.7691

Arctic.7691

Mursaat are in this video.
I am so certain that is a Mursaat.

It has more resemblance with a Seer

From the guildwars 1 wiki.

http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Ancient_Seer.jpg

Seers got 4 arms.

The creatures in the video also had black-like tendrils coming from the back, just like the Mursaat.

Ok you say is not a Seer coz they have 4 arms so i can say is not a mursaat coz they have no tendrils on their back, they have black feathers!!!
http://images.wikia.com/gw/images/5/5e/Mursaat_Form_effect.jpg
There are also relations between Mursaats and birds in the lore and the things that are in the trailer are not feathers, they behave like tissue stripes a part of the armor, and that’s completely different from a Mursaat’s armor.
it can be anything if you think this way….

(edited by Arctic.7691)