Spotting Wintersday Jumping Puzzle hacker

in Guild Wars 2 Discussion

Posted by: Crestorial.1869

Crestorial.1869

I have seen lots of hackers in the puzzle map teleporting around the map and report them as ‘botting’.

Are the GMs doing anything to prevent such occurrences? It is extremely unfair to players like me who are working on the puzzle tirelessly to get that 10 wintersday gifts per round.

An easy tip to spot hackers:

I have observed that these hackers usually ‘spawn’ (revive) multiple times without moving a single inch. I believe most of them died while teleporting when the snowflakes disintegrate.

(edited by Crestorial.1869)

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

It breaks forum rules to call out individuals on the forums

Posted by: Crimson Clouds.4853

Crimson Clouds.4853

Naming and shaming isn’t allowed here. I would recommend removing your “Name and shame list” before a mod does it for you

Posted by: Healix.5819

Healix.5819

The ones I’ve seen stay at the spawn for a minute, then teleport to the end, run over to loot the chest, go through the portal and repeat.

Posted by: Khyan.7039

Khyan.7039

Totally unfair for people like me that have done 1000 times this jp for the shoulders. They should be banned asap and permanently.

Posted by: Crestorial.1869

Crestorial.1869

I just saw some dropping from the sky and right into the glowing box.

Khyan.7039

I just saw some dropping from the sky and right into the glowing box.

You can actually dropping “from the sky” if you do a “final jump” at the end where a big red star is.

But if it’s really from the sky then it’s probably a cheat.

Posted by: Seriously.7953

Seriously.7953

I noticed someone running straight through the rolling boulders (snowballs?) yesterday without being knocked off the ledge. They weren’t jumping or dodging, just straight up running into and through the boulders.

Posted by: Kiza.5630

Kiza.5630

Many of these effects can be a laggy connection. I remember once playing with someone sitting next to me. But instead of gliding like on his screen, he was randomly hopping/teleporting every second without a visible glider. Screams hack, but was really just some weird lag issue.

I also managed to run through a boulder in the wintersday puzzle completely unscathed. Didn’t kick or damage me. And I always see people coming out of nowhere or jumping onto invisible snow flakes in that puzzle. I’d say most of it are just effects related to lag.

Posted by: Lord Victor.2174

Lord Victor.2174

Many of these effects can be a laggy connection. I remember once playing with someone sitting next to me. But instead of gliding like on his screen, he was randomly hopping/teleporting every second without a visible glider. Screams hack, but was really just some weird lag issue.

I also managed to run through a boulder in the wintersday puzzle completely unscathed. Didn’t kick or damage me. And I always see people coming out of nowhere or jumping onto invisible snow flakes in that puzzle. I’d say most of it are just effects related to lag.

It’s easy to tell when it’s lag and when they’re cheating. The thing here is if the Anet is aware of that and working it or not. My guess is not since there have been 3 people doing it on my map all day.
→ Youtube → Teleport Hack on Wintersday Jumping Puzzle

(edited by Lord Victor.2174)

Posted by: Garambola.2461

Garambola.2461

Totally unfair for people like me that have done 1000 times this jp for the shoulders. They should be banned asap and permanently.

Totally unfair to people like me who cannot do the JP the 3 times needed for the shoulders too.

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

They have banned bots before especially since they had an impact on the economy keeping material prices very deflated. In other words buy gifts and drinks before the inevitable bot ban I did so today instead of spreading out my drink purchases and reward track winnings to account for the inevitable bot ban. Better to spend 9 silver per drink now when bots are flooding the market with gifts and drinks than 50 silver later when the supply dries after bots are banned.

Posted by: Tiny Tove.3589

Tiny Tove.3589

After Anet pulled the 10,000 drinks requirement out of their kittens I stopped caring about bots. I literally do not, can not and will not blame anybody for botting in the face of such hatred.

I’m going to stop reporting gold sellers too.

It’s a small contribution to lowering standards that I make compared to Anet’s.

No I don’t care if you cry.

Posted by: Falanu.4289

Falanu.4289

It’s easy to tell when it’s lag and when they’re cheating. The thing here is if the Anet is aware of that and working it or not. My guess is not since there have been 3 people doing it on my map all day.
-> Youtube -> Teleport Hack on Wintersday Jumping Puzzle

Oh my, that really sucks for people who “learned” the puzzle. On a side-note, the very person pointed out is on my block-list since day 1 or 2 of my GW2-time for some very funny behaviour.

Posted by: Ayrilana.1396

Ayrilana.1396

Catch it on video if possible and then send it to Anet’s exploits email. Perhaps we’ll see a public execution of the account.

Posted by: Takoyakii.2146

Takoyakii.2146

Can confirm they exist. I saw one warp to the bottom of reward chest and disappear.

//clip through the peppermint. And he warp past me on the snowflake path too.

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

Only have seen lag “ports”, in both directions and the occasional guy who’s holding his spot in the JP by running over the edge of the starting platform again and again and again and … well you get the idea. Most have the decency as to not trigger the path’s destruction at the start by choosing a different direction.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Agemnon.4608

Agemnon.4608

Keep in mind that while much of the game needs lots of work they have a record of banning bots. In other words hold off on selling your presents, no botters means no flood of unearned gifts keeping the supply artificially high. I know I’m waiting to sell! :D

Posted by: Despair.2374

Despair.2374

The bots are real, I’ve reported 5 in one game. Buddy of mine is streaming this atm, they always take the snowman lane.

Sad thing is, they might be playing on f2p accounts

Posted by: Khisanth.2948

Khisanth.2948

The bots are real, I’ve reported 5 in one game. Buddy of mine is streaming this atm, they always take the snowman lane.

What would be the point? Can’t move anything out of a F2P account.

Edit: Hmm I guess you could use it to buy guild hall upgrades.

Posted by: Yunielesca.2850

Yunielesca.2850

What would be the point? Can’t move anything out of a F2P account.

Edit: Hmm I guess you could use it to buy guild hall upgrades.

F2P accounts have access to the TP, trading gold that way is easy and that’s how goldsellers are proceeding.

However, Anet is able to see it x)

Posted by: Charrbeque.8729

Charrbeque.8729

Just saw a hacker on snowman lane.

What he was doing: just standing there. Then suddenly he started to slowly sink INTO the ground (candy cane platform). He stayed under the platform for several seconds then for a split second he was a few snowflakes ahead on the path and was gone. In the list of players on the left side of the screen his health bar was solid black for about 15 seconds, as if his HP was 0 all that time. Then suddenly he respawned back at snowman path. I also stayed at the end where you open the chest and he would spawn there for a split second.

The scoreboard showed he completed the puzzle 0 times, but I have no way of knowing if he actually got any gifts at all from it.

It’s possible the hack was a real hack job and didn’t accomplish much, or maybe he was working on his hack to get it working right. No idea but it was disturbing to see.

He had the word ‘Suspicious’ in his character name (not his full name of course), which was ironic. I didn’t even notice until someone asked if he was glitching across the snowflakes. And it turned out that player wasn’t seeing things.

There’s something charming about rangers.

(edited by Charrbeque.8729)

Charrbeque.8729

Saw another hacker doing the same thing. Here is a screenshot as proof (name blacked out). I have the player targeted and pressed CRTL+T to call it out as a target, which placed a big reticle above its head. You can see the reticle is just barely sticking up through the platform, but when I walked up to the player the reticle couldn’t be seen because the player was below the platform. They stay under the platform for about 30 seconds or so then suddenly they’re gone. Sometimes they will go too far under the platform and fall, then be placed back onto it.

While I had this player called out as a target, I was jumping along the snowflakes on quaggan path and saw the player blip, blip, blip, right across the snowflakes then the popping presents at super speed. It looked as if the player was teleporting 3 or more snowflakes at a time, and didn’t stay still for more than a split second. The player got across the snowflakes and presents in about 2 seconds.

Attachments:

Posted by: Aidenwolf.5964

Aidenwolf.5964

I was going to create my own thread but these mods combine them anyways so here’s video of a JP hacker, reported.

Buy To Play Guild Wars 2 2012-2015 – RIP
Unlucky since launch, RNG isn’t random
PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Strength.6851

Strength.6851

Hey yall,

Im fairly new to posting in the forums. While I was streaming yesterday on twitch I managed to capture on video about 4 placement hacking bots. I also called out by the botters calling me a hall monitor. any way heres a link to the video enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6J2hgb2aY2k

Or type on youtube ? Gift Bots

Posted by: Skinner.4376

Skinner.4376

Evening

The vast majority of players you see in the Wintersday JP with a score of Zero are Tele Hacking. What they are doing is concealing themselves within the three starting platforms (inside and under the starting platform) and then teleporting to 4-5 points, all while concealed, before teleporting directly to the loot chest.

You can witness this by standing at the edge of a platform and panning your camera around and underneath, where if you look carefully you’ll see a bobbing red aura. Clicking that aura will target the player hiding inside (you can also target call click them). Most of them are inside the Snowman platform and you can easily see them from Gingerbread.

I didn’t believe it was this bad, but it is.

Edit: Many of these cheaters are running an additional script that immediately logs them out the second you target call them. Had to add several people to my friends list just to submit a report.

(edited by Skinner.4376)

Khyan.7039

I hope Anet will take in consideration all these bots/cheaters that destroy Guid Wars 2 beauty/economy. I think it’s pretty urgent that steps must be done now.

Khyan.7039

Tonight I’ve seen 7 cheaters that use the same trick over and over. This need to be over.

Aidenwolf.5964

Free To Play gone tomorrow. If they get banned they’ll just Re-roll and start over. They should all be banned but keeping them out is impossible now.

PugLife SoloQ

Ayrilana.1396

I’m sure Anet has ways to catch who are behind the bots.

Charrbeque.8729

Yeah. Best we can do is report any suspicious activity and hope for the best.

Posted by: Shikigami.4013

Shikigami.4013

Can you guys stop using this “free2play” nonsense?
Free2play accounts can do nothing with those winterday presents. They can not sell wintersday presents and they can not sell drinks either. A free2play account can only buy a very limited amount of specific items on the TP. Selling anything requires the full game, so botting with a “throwaway” f2p account is completely useless (and even if they could sell, they then would have gold which they could not send to any other account).

On the topic of bots, I spotted the first one today and took video footage and reported him to exploits@arena.net with a link to the youtube video I uploaded.
There will probably follow quite a few, because I hate botters and cheaters and I will report every single one I meet in the JP regardless of how much work it is.

Youtube “L2villagejester”.
People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me
Same for people posting only to tell others not to post (“deal with it”-posts)

Ayrilana.1396

Can you guys stop using this “free2play” nonsense?
Free2play accounts can do nothing with those winterday presents. They can not sell wintersday presents and they can not sell drinks either. A free2play account can only buy a very limited amount of specific items on the TP. Selling anything requires the full game, so botting with a “throwaway” f2p account is completely useless (and even if they could sell, they then would have gold which they could not send to any other account).

They can sell on the TP with restrictions.

Posted by: Strength.6851

Strength.6851

According to the Gw2 chart of what F2p can do this is said

“Trading PostCan buy and sell items from a selected list.”

you may view all their FAQS at:

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157?_ga=1.193197101.1617053550.1444300724

Posted by: DoctorDing.5890

DoctorDing.5890

F2P accounts can only sell about a dozen things on the tp, all very low value. You can’t sell any of the wintersday stuff at all. I guess you could bot on an F2P account until it amasses a vast amount of stuff and then pay real money to convert to full game in order to get at the stuff but I doubt that is happening very much.

Of course an F2P account could be used to practice and perfect a bot before using it with full accounts. Having played other MMORPGs I have to say that GW is virtually bot free in comparison.

Posted by: Sandpit.3467

Sandpit.3467

I thought it was mostly stolen/hacked accounts they use

Shikigami.4013

https://help.guildwars2.com/entries/95982157?_ga=1.193197101.1617053550.1444300724

I don’t need to view any FAQ because I have access to a f2p account and see what it can and cannot do firsthand. You are nitpicking here. Ok, yes, there is a “selected list” of what f2p accounts can sell. I do not know what that list contains and I do not care. Nothing in my inventory is on that list. The list was made to ensure that nobody uses f2p accounts to “farm stuff” and have another account profit from it, and it does its job. You cannot sell anything you obtain from wintersday gifts and botting the JP on a f2p account would be completely wasted time so it is not done, period.

People using belittling wording like whining/qqing" are not taken seriously by me

Ayrilana.1396

I don’t need to view any FAQ because I have access to a f2p account and see what it can and cannot do firsthand. You are nitpicking here. Ok, yes, there is a “selected list” of what f2p accounts can sell. I do not know what that list contains and I do not care. Nothing in my inventory is on that list. The list was made to ensure that nobody uses f2p accounts to “farm stuff” and have another account profit from it, and it does its job. You cannot sell anything you obtain from wintersday gifts and botting the JP on a f2p account would be completely wasted time so it is not done, period.

They were just correcting the statement that you made regarding f2p accounts not being able to sell on the TP.

Shikigami.4013

Yes I know, sorry if I sounded too harsh. But it is kind of annoying if you are making a post to make a specific point, and you just happen to have a tiny detail wrong which does not change anything about the point you are trying to make – and instead of staying on topic someone jumps in and only picks out the meaningless detail you got wrong.

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Perhaps we’ll see a public execution of the account.

No, you won’t.

And consider this for a moment :

1 HoT = 44.99 €

1 BOT = average of 750 G /24 hrs = 20€/250gold = 60 €/24 hrs.

BOT active for 2 weeks (holliday season) = 14*60 € = 840 Euro’s.

1 Botfarm = around 20 Pc’s = 20* 840 euros = 16800 Euro’s gained from 1 farm over a period of 2 weeks.

Wam bam thank you mam. And you think bots will disappear and Anet will publicly announce their bans ? Dream on i’d say.

Oh, and let’s not forget that the cost of a bot program is minimal. (It’s a monthly subscription free including updates.) If i were a conspiracy theorist i’d say Anet is running their own bots. But i’m not. Just sayin.

Ayrilana.1396

Perhaps we’ll see a public execution of the account.

No, you won’t.

And consider this for a moment :

1 HoT = 44.99 €

1 BOT = average of 750 G /24 hrs = 20€/250gold = 60 €/24 hrs.

BOT active for 2 weeks (holliday season) = 14*60 € = 840 Euro’s.

1 Botfarm = around 20 Pc’s = 20* 840 euros = 16800 Euro’s gained from 1 farm over a period of 2 weeks.

Wam bam thank you mam. And you think bots will disappear and Anet will publicly announce their bans ? Dream on i’d say.

Oh, and let’s not forget that the cost of a bot program is minimal. (It’s a monthly subscription free including updates.) If i were a conspiracy theorist i’d say Anet is running their own bots. But i’m not. Just sayin.

Anet has done it before.

They’re running their own bots? Why?

Aidenwolf.5964

200 Free accounts farm gifts while hacking.
Gifts are deposited in guild bank.
Gifts are sold by a paid account.

This isn’t astrophysics

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: zenleto.6179

zenleto.6179

This isn’t astrophysics

Wiki has guild banks being locked to free accounts. Which is correct?

Fire up the Hyperbowl ma, we’re going to town!

Would you like some hard cheeze with your sad whine?

Posted by: RoseofGilead.8907

RoseofGilead.8907

This isn’t astrophysics

Wiki has guild banks being locked to free accounts. Which is correct?

The wiki is correct; you can’t use a guild bank on a free account.

Shikigami.4013

This isn’t astrophysics

Which is why Arenanet of course anticipated this and banned f2p accounts from putting anything into guild banks, as the posts before this already correctly pointed out.

Really, all the other restrictions would be totally pointless if f2p accounts just could dump their stuff into the guild bank and have someone else take it out, that is also “not astrophysics”.

By the way my youtube channel now also has a short video showing an example of how to spot/target cheaters in the wintersday jp. See my signature.

(edited by Shikigami.4013)

Aidenwolf.5964

This isn’t astrophysics

Which is why Arenanet of course anticipated this and banned f2p accounts from putting anything into guild banks, as the posts before this already correctly pointed out.

Really, all the other restrictions would be totally pointless if f2p accounts just could dump their stuff into the guild bank and have someone else take it out, that is also “not astrophysics”.

By the way my youtube channel now also has a short video showing an example of how to spot/target cheaters in the wintersday jp. See my signature.

So Free To Leech hack just because and the paid accounts do it for gold.

PugLife SoloQ

Posted by: Alin.2468

Alin.2468

After Anet pulled the 10,000 drinks requirement out of their kittens I stopped caring about bots. I literally do not, can not and will not blame anybody for botting in the face of such hatred.

I’m going to stop reporting gold sellers too.

It’s a small contribution to lowering standards that I make compared to Anet’s.

No I don’t care if you cry.

Ideed. I also do not care. What is the point of all this stress?
When Anet introduced 10k drinks, what did we expect? People actually spending time away from family and jobs, to get them? Or we expect people to go and buy 6k gems for converting in gold?

Sure not. In front of such strong requirements, people will try to cheat and exploit the game features, people will try to buy gold directly from gold sellers or other online resources.

In conclusion, I also do not care. As a protest to such high standards I will do absolutely nothing.
Thank you Anet for all this fun, Happy New Year.

This is the best elementalist build: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh5zjK7ITpQ

Posted by: Behellagh.1468

Behellagh.1468

10000 drinks / 0.8 drop rate / 28 days = 447 gifts per day. We are talking 50 stacks of presents to be sure-ish.

227,500 karma can buy 100 presents.
You get 18 per 6 rounds of bells (1,1,3,3,5,5)
You get 10 per JP run completed
50 per mini-dungeon

Didn’t notice the drop rate from other Winter’s Day activities.

It does appear that the requirement is there to drain both Karma and/or gold from players who want the shoulder piece.

We are heroes. This is what we do!

RIP City of Heroes

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

It’s not just the wintersday JP that’s being exploited. Sure, at the moment it is because it’s the most profitable, but it doesn’t end there.

If you care about it, you can look it up (google helps) and see how the darn thing works even in open world pve.

The fact is, that once the bot is allowed for ONE day to exploit the event JP, that it pays itself back, so there is no need to use a F2P account. Any regular HoT account will do since it doesn’t matter that they spend RL cash on making the account.

The total earnings of the bot farmers is way higher then anyone can anticipate. The bot is multi box capable (several instances running on 1 pc), it’s completely automated in grinding, harvesting, mining…and the list goes on.
Furthermore, any update of the game is immediately followed by an update of the bot program within hours.

How do we know this ? It says so on their easy to find website. Now tell me what kind of kid doesn’t like something that’s so easily obtainable and apparently nearly undetectable (in open world pve) AND so far has had NO response from Anet ?

By the time you report a hack like that and something is done about it, those scriptkids will have made more then enough cash to buy new HoT accounts and start over.

Personally, i don’t see how Anet can possibly fix the damage already done. I don’t think they even care considering how little they comment if at all on their own forums instead of that reddit crap.

And if i think they don’t care, then why the hell should i ?